Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    It would be smart of Pioli to hire a veteran coach like Shanahan. Shanahan knows what it takes to be a head coach and knows how to win. Basically then Pioli can take credit for turning the team around when Shanahan could be playing a big part. But he is the guy who would be hiring Shanahan, so I wouldn't care if he took the credit.
    I agree it would be smart to hire Shanahan. We need a veteran coach to handle this young team, not a 1st timer HC. But, the longer it takes for Pioli to make a decision on Herm leads me to believe that Herm will be back next season.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by KCCAT21 View Post
    Bike is right. No way Marty is coming in to dowhat Parcels did in Miami. I have mixed emotions on Shanhan, but one thing is for sure, he has proven if you give him talent he will win. Just not sure if he can handle not being in charge of everything.
    Which is why he'd be a good choice. Let the man coach. Holmgren is the same way, good coach but add in the GM's duties, and not so good. I think the days of Head Coach/GM are coming to an end, as it just doesn't work so well most of the time.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Which is why he'd be a good choice. Let the man coach. Holmgren is the same way, good coach but add in the GM's duties, and not so good. I think the days of Head Coach/GM are coming to an end, as it just doesn't work so well most of the time.
    Honestly, ya think that's the best we can do, freak'n Denver's garbage. No F'n way. Recycled crap. Elway won, not this jacka$$. Can't park that ego long enough to coach, and we already got one of those guys. I doubt Poili's gonna want to put up with that power crazed nut case. No thanks.

At this point, I'm confident that we're getting a new coach. But I very highly doubt it will be shanahan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Today on Sirius NFL Radio, Marty Schottenheimer said that "Mike Shanahan is the finest coach that I have ever faced in the NFL". Marty was mancrushing on Shanahan in a big way. He basically said that Denver is a much weaker team with McDaniels at coach vs Shanahan. He didn't mix words.

Just thought some of you Marty fans might find that interesting.
    Marty must be on Mikes payroll.
    j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    At this point, I'm confident that we're getting a new coach. But I very highly doubt it will be shanahan.

I wished that Cowher was interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I wished that Cowher was interested.
    I read a rumor that Cowher bought a house in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I heard Parcells' daughter just moved to KC also. Could be somethin to that!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567