Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs


    0 Not allowed!
    I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

    again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,167
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Badass View Post
    I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

    again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?
    How funny would it be to see Shanahan strolling the sidelines in Red and White for the Chiefs. Hard to picture. Thanks for sharing the rumor though.


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    it makes perfect sense too. Mike loves to stick it to his former team, and i think he would jump at this opprtunity

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,766
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

    I'm sorry, this just sounds bogus.

    I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

    I'm sorry, this just sounds bogus.

    I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.
    I'm inclined to agree; way too early to be talking a bout a Head Coach. JMHO


  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i said it might be bogus. i know we still technically have a coach and it might not be true, but i have good sources and from what i hear Mike is in contact with our front office and is a strong possibility to be our coach if the money and terms are right.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Badass View Post
    i said it might be bogus. i know we still technically have a coach and it might not be true, but i have good sources and from what i hear Mike is in contact with our front office and is a strong possibility to be our coach if the money and terms are right.
    Not calling you a liar bud, just taking the news with a grain of salt. :)


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,973
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

    I'm sorry, this just sounds bogus.

    I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.
    Maybe they are consulting Carl Peterson. "What ever that is."

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ...Holding my enthusiasm, or perhaps lack thereof, untill I hear it in the news.


  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,009
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Seems to me Clark wants Herm to stay - or he'd be gone for the new gm to bring in his own staff...
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •