Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    ????????????????
    SHUT IT

Today on Sirius NFL Radio, Marty Schottenheimer said that "Mike Shanahan is the finest coach that I have ever faced in the NFL". Marty was mancrushing on Shanahan in a big way. He basically said that Denver is a much weaker team with McDaniels at coach vs Shanahan. He didn't mix words.

Just thought some of you Marty fans might find that interesting.

lol why the ??????????????

It has been rumored that Marty was talking to the Chiefs about playing a role for the Chiefs like Parcells is in Miami.

I was just stating that MAYBE just MAYBE Shanahan might be talking to the Chiefs about doing something like that for the Chiefs.

Not sure why its soooooo funny.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    lol why the ??????????????

It has been rumored that Marty was talking to the Chiefs about playing a role for the Chiefs like Parcells is in Miami.

I was just stating that MAYBE just MAYBE Shanahan might be talking to the Chiefs about doing something like that for the Chiefs.

Not sure why its soooooo funny.
    Clark aint gonna pay 2 people to do one job. He is already splitting Gm/CEO duties as it is. If we land Pioli it is because Clark believes he is the future of this franchise and that he can have a cohesive working relationship with existing management (Thum and Herm).
    I don't see Shannahan in the picture unless Pioli talks Clark into bringing him in as HC. But Clark wants Herm here so that leaves Shannahan out...
    Rest assured Pioli won't sign here with a "Parcels" looking over his shoulder.
    SHUT IT

I agree,

THATS WHY I SAID IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!

Just so many rumors floating around I thought I would just post one that I have read about.

There where TONS of rumors about Marty coming in to help Clark out "like Parcells in Miami". I was just throwing another possibility out there, because the rumor about Pioli signing also stated that Shanahan had been in talks with Pioli as well.

But ya I agree (like I said in my first post) no way Pioli would want another guy deciding on things.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I agree,

THATS WHY I SAID IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!

Just so many rumors floating around I thought I would just post one that I have read about.

There where TONS of rumors about Marty coming in to help Clark out "like Parcells in Miami". I was just throwing another possibility out there, because the rumor about Pioli signing also stated that Shanahan had been in talks with Pioli as well.

But ya I agree (like I said in my first post) no way Pioli would want another guy deciding on things.
    Ahhh - OK.
    SHUT IT

This is starting to look good

It would be smart of Pioli to hire a veteran coach like Shanahan. Shanahan knows what it takes to be a head coach and knows how to win. Basically then Pioli can take credit for turning the team around when Shanahan could be playing a big part. But he is the guy who would be hiring Shanahan, so I wouldn't care if he took the credit.

It really kinda bugs me that nothing is being said. none of the coaches knows if they are getting fired or not getting fire. They just like us have heard nothing. I know he has a plan and I know some things are not said for a reason but jeeeez, not knowing one way or the other must be killing them. It's getting very close to the senior bowl, all th GM's and HC's will be there...Will herm?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Clark aint gonna pay 2 people to do one job. He is already splitting Gm/CEO duties as it is. If we land Pioli it is because Clark believes he is the future of this franchise and that he can have a cohesive working relationship with existing management (Thum and Herm).
    I don't see Shannahan in the picture unless Pioli talks Clark into bringing him in as HC. But Clark wants Herm here so that leaves Shannahan out...
    Rest assured Pioli won't sign here with a "Parcels" looking over his shoulder.
    Bike is right. No way Marty is coming in to dowhat Parcels did in Miami. I have mixed emotions on Shanhan, but one thing is for sure, he has proven if you give him talent he will win. Just not sure if he can handle not being in charge of everything.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast