Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a defensive end worth drafting{paul kruger}

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

Default a defensive end worth drafting{paul kruger}

0 Not allowed!
    not alot of you know who he is but he is an awesome football player that is leaving utah a little to early. so he is projected to be a third round pick.he reminds me of jared allan minus the attitude.he has a high revd motor and gives every play every thing he has

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2009): 3.

Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. Then again, he could continue to get better and eventually increase his stock enough that he becomes first-round material.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

0 Not allowed!
    oh here are his stats he actually had 8 sacks and they forgot about a pick as well

SALT LAKE CITY – Utah defensive end Paul Kruger is entering the 2009 NFL draft.
    The sophomore had a team-high 7.5 sacks and added 61 tackles for the Utes (13-0), who finished the season No. 2 in The Associated Press poll.
    In a statement issued through the university on Monday, Kruger says the decision to forgo his final two years of college eligibility is one of the hardest he's had to make.
    The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Kruger is in Florida preparing for the NFL combine.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

0 Not allowed!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH-EDC9SNzc"]YouTube - Utah Utes Football: DE Paul Kruger[/ame]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

0 Not allowed!
    I like him, what a cool last name. We could call him Nitemare from Arrowhead drive!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 57

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder if he'll be around when we pick 3rd round?
    SHUT IT

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    It's hard to find highlights of this guy. If we want to find an answer at DE in the draft, I would do it in the first round. There will be some talented guys there.
    If we want a pure pass-rushing DE then I say we go after Everette Brown: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE"]YouTube - FSU DE Everette Brown Highlights[/ame] one of the fastest and most explosive ends out there and he has great technique. He's a little small though and could have trouble with more athletic tackles.
    If we want a bigger, more complete end then we take Tyson Jackson: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YssdMgoWYE&feature=PlayList&p=7B99EE0B69A E8642&playnext=1&index=10"]YouTube - DE Tyson Jackson Highlights LSU vs UF/SC 2008[/ame]
    He's not quite as quick and agile once he gets in the backfield as Everette but he's a brick, doesn't get pushed around and shreds through double teams like they are nothing. I remember this guy taking a lot of attention away from Dorsey toward the end of last season.
    I would also throw Brian Orakpo into the conversation but I haven't seen enough of him yet. His highlights look pretty impressive but he's from Texas and he's injury prone which means he could be a huge flop in the NFL.
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 01-13-2009 at 02:15 AM.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    not alot of you know who he is but he is an awesome football player that is leaving utah a little to early. so he is projected to be a third round pick.he reminds me of jared allan minus the attitude.he has a high revd motor and gives every play every thing he has

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2009): 3.

Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. Then again, he could continue to get better and eventually increase his stock enough that he becomes first-round material.
    Get him! :)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I like the idea of adding a DE in the third. I think the Chiefs will actually fix the DE position in FA, but you can never have enough good DEs. As long as the Chiefs have properly drafted the enough O-line players, this will look like a smart choice on top of that.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    If you really want to get a steal during the draft on the defensive side of the ball, look at this kid at MLB:

http://www.wacotrib.com/baylor/conte...oepawelek.html

Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    my bad... he's a junior. he won't be out till 2010 probably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast