Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a defensive end worth drafting{paul kruger}

Default a defensive end worth drafting{paul kruger}

not alot of you know who he is but he is an awesome football player that is leaving utah a little to early. so he is projected to be a third round pick.he reminds me of jared allan minus the attitude.he has a high revd motor and gives every play every thing he has

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2009): 3.

Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. Then again, he could continue to get better and eventually increase his stock enough that he becomes first-round material.

oh here are his stats he actually had 8 sacks and they forgot about a pick as well

SALT LAKE CITY – Utah defensive end Paul Kruger is entering the 2009 NFL draft.
    The sophomore had a team-high 7.5 sacks and added 61 tackles for the Utes (13-0), who finished the season No. 2 in The Associated Press poll.
    In a statement issued through the university on Monday, Kruger says the decision to forgo his final two years of college eligibility is one of the hardest he's had to make.
    The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Kruger is in Florida preparing for the NFL combine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH-EDC9SNzc"]YouTube - Utah Utes Football: DE Paul Kruger[/ame]

I like him, what a cool last name. We could call him Nitemare from Arrowhead drive!

I wonder if he'll be around when we pick 3rd round?
    SHUT IT

It's hard to find highlights of this guy. If we want to find an answer at DE in the draft, I would do it in the first round. There will be some talented guys there.
    If we want a pure pass-rushing DE then I say we go after Everette Brown: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE"]YouTube - FSU DE Everette Brown Highlights[/ame] one of the fastest and most explosive ends out there and he has great technique. He's a little small though and could have trouble with more athletic tackles.
    If we want a bigger, more complete end then we take Tyson Jackson: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YssdMgoWYE&feature=PlayList&p=7B99EE0B69A E8642&playnext=1&index=10"]YouTube - DE Tyson Jackson Highlights LSU vs UF/SC 2008[/ame]
    He's not quite as quick and agile once he gets in the backfield as Everette but he's a brick, doesn't get pushed around and shreds through double teams like they are nothing. I remember this guy taking a lot of attention away from Dorsey toward the end of last season.
    I would also throw Brian Orakpo into the conversation but I haven't seen enough of him yet. His highlights look pretty impressive but he's from Texas and he's injury prone which means he could be a huge flop in the NFL.
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 01-13-2009 at 01:15 AM.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    not alot of you know who he is but he is an awesome football player that is leaving utah a little to early. so he is projected to be a third round pick.he reminds me of jared allan minus the attitude.he has a high revd motor and gives every play every thing he has

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2009): 3.

Coming off a national championship victory over Alabama, Paul Kruger has decided to declare for the 2009 NFL Draft as a mere redshirt sophomore. Though he could stay in school until he's 2011, I really don't have a problem with this; chances are, his stock will never be higher than it is now. Then again, he could continue to get better and eventually increase his stock enough that he becomes first-round material.
    Get him! :)

I like the idea of adding a DE in the third. I think the Chiefs will actually fix the DE position in FA, but you can never have enough good DEs. As long as the Chiefs have properly drafted the enough O-line players, this will look like a smart choice on top of that.

If you really want to get a steal during the draft on the defensive side of the ball, look at this kid at MLB:

http://www.wacotrib.com/baylor/conte...oepawelek.html

my bad... he's a junior. he won't be out till 2010 probably.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast