Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thigpen: One Season Wonder?

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default Thigpen: One Season Wonder?

Maybe he is and maybe he ain't. I think we should take a QB with the first pick because it ain't worth the risk. We've seen this before and if he is we have another Huard situation on our hands and we need to prevent that. I still like Croyle but I know most of you won't like to hear that if Thigpen is a one season wonder than Croyle becomes the starter next year. Is that really what you want? Worst case scenario, Thigpen works out and we have a backup who is good (and with how much he runs the ball he'll get hurt sooner or later) or a player we can trade for a high pick or a good player from another team after it becomes aparent we don't need him.

Why not draft a guy like Crabtree or a big nasty O Lineman who'll play straight up?
    Oh for a winning season

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    Maybe he is and maybe he ain't. I think we should take a QB with the first pick because it ain't worth the risk. We've seen this before and if he is we have another Huard situation on our hands and we need to prevent that. I still like Croyle but I know most of you won't like to hear that if Thigpen is a one season wonder than Croyle becomes the starter next year. Is that really what you want? Worst case scenario, Thigpen works out and we have a backup who is good (and with how much he runs the ball he'll get hurt sooner or later) or a player we can trade for a high pick or a good player from another team after it becomes aparent we don't need him.
    Who's to say that taking Stafford wouldn't be a huge risk - and at HUGE dollars? We have so many needs that taking qb with 1st pick doesn't make sense. 3 out of 5 of our ol needs attention ASAP, not to mention our front 7 on defense. This is the year we need to build our lines..
    SHUT IT

I agree...do NOT take a QB with our first pick. I rattled off a list of first round QB's in a thread a while ago who proved to be all busts. Go for a QB in the 3rd round if anything. QB is not a priority on our team now. The defense needs all the help they can get. Thigpen can throw 20-30 pts up a game...but our defense can't protect a lead worth sh!t.

And Croyle can't finish a game. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    I agree...do NOT take a QB with our first pick. I rattled off a list of first round QB's in a thread a while ago who proved to be all busts. Go for a QB in the 3rd round if anything. QB is not a priority on our team now. The defense needs all the help they can get. Thigpen can throw 20-30 pts up a game...but our defense can't protect a lead worth sh!t.

And Croyle can't finish a game. End of story.
    Not to mention he has yet to win a game the 3 years he has been here! Croyle was a bust, but at least we didn't draft him in the 1st round...
    SHUT IT

Maybe, maybe not...
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

No way we select a quarterback with our first pick. Are you crazy? Even if we do, we cant block for him. We need a LT and pick up a LG in free agency or vice versa. If we dont get a LT in the first pick than we need a defensive play maker at LB or DE.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    Dude seriously, OK, I have to be a jerk here, haven't we pretty much hammered this to death, I mean, go look at the tons of other posts from others who think we have to draft a QB in the first round.

There is no way we should take a QB this season, NO WAY! Perhaps pick up Dehlomme from Carolina, or stay with Thigpen another season. He performed well enough to get he nod for next year. Ultimately, we cannot afford a 12 million dollar a year stud that is going to get knocked out in the first game because our offensive line is like swiss cheese. Enough with the first round QB talk already.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    No way we select a quarterback with our first pick. Are you crazy? Even if we do, we cant block for him. We need a LT and pick up a LG in free agency or vice versa. If we dont get a LT in the first pick than we need a defensive play maker at LB or DE.
    We need an LT and LG? I'll agree that we MIGHT need an LG since we don't know how long Waters has, but did you even see Albert play? We need RT and RG the most.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I have an idea..

Why don't we beat this dead horse to death????
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast