Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glen Dorsey the bust?

Default Glen Dorsey the bust?

Everybody has proclaimed that his rookie season was a bust. People are already lableing him Ryan Sims pt. 2.

However people need to look under the surface.

Here's some things to consider. First the Chiefs had the worst DL in football, this is without question. Dorsey was almost routinely zone blocked and double teamed every play.

Then of course there's the numbers.

Sims didn't play but 6 games his rookie season, and when he was the full time starter in his 2nd season he was decent, but then he failed the next season racking up only 15 tackles.

Dorsey however in his rookie season, playing with the worst DL in the NFL had a respectable rookie campaign with 46 tackles and a sack.

Not really that eye popping until you look at another full time starting DT's rookie season stats: 30 tackles 1 sack.

Who's stats are those exactly?

Albert Haynesworth

he had a better rookie year than the best DT in football, Haynesworth. With the right tutalidge how long before he's putting up Haynesworth type numbers? Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    half of dorseys problems in his first year was the genius that made him line up directly over the center.that is a immediate disadvantage for a dt.i agree give him another year if he does not show signs of improvemant can him.he did have a better rookie year than sapp though to call him a bust after one year is a joke
    He did not have a better rookie year than Sapp. Sapp played all 16 games with 26 tackles, 3 sacks, and the Bucs ranked 14th in run defense.

Tackles are not the end all/be all in determining a DT's worth!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    He did not have a better rookie year than Sapp. Sapp played all 16 games with 26 tackles, 3 sacks, and the Bucs ranked 14th in run defense.

Tackles are not the end all/be all in determining a DT's worth!
    imo neither do sacks well somewhat you can not blame all of the chiefs run d problems on dorsey there are lb's and other dt tackles to blame as well but the biggest problem was tim

imo neither do sacks well somewhat you can not blame all of the chiefs run d problems on dorsey there are lb's and other dt tackles to blame as well but the biggest problem was tim
    Who the hell is Tim?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Who the hell is Tim?!?!
    tim krumrie defensive line coach for the chiefs last year i am not sure how the hell he spells his last name anyways he sucks some of the blame for dorseys lack luster year lands right on gunther as well they were way to conservative

tim krumrie defensive line coach for the chiefs last year i am not sure how the hell he spells his last name anyways he sucks some of the blame for dorseys lack luster year lands right on gunther as well they were way to conservative
    Ah, got it. I thought Tim was some player I hadn't heard of.

Dorsey like many other member of the team first need to get into playing shape and become able to play 4 quarters. Their lack of conditioning could be blamed on Gun, Edwards or themselves but in the end I place the blame on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    Dorsey like many other member of the team first need to get into playing shape and become able to play 4 quarters. Their lack of conditioning could be blamed on Gun, Edwards or themselves but in the end I place the blame on the players.
    you go through an nfl training camp and tell me you are not in shape the defensive problems were mostly the scheme just ask kavika mitchell and other ex chiefs who played for gun late in his career

you go through an nfl training camp and tell me you are not in shape the defensive problems were mostly the scheme just ask kavika mitchell and other ex chiefs who played for gun late in his career
    So you have? Ask players?

The defensive scheme seemed to work well for the first half in most games. I know the teams make adjustments, however when you see games consistently lost in the second half most knowledgeable folks will tell you it is conditioning that makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    The defensive scheme seemed to work well for the first half in most games. I know the teams make adjustments, however when you see games consistently lost in the second half most knowledgeable folks will tell you it is conditioning that makes the difference.
    the defense did not play great in any half that is why they finished near the bottom in every defensive statistics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast