Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pasqualoni canidate as head coach

Default pasqualoni canidate as head coach

Chiefs could turn to Pasqualoni as next coach
    Posted: January 15th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, NFL coaching search, Paul Pasqualoni, Scott Pioli
    As new Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli tries to decide who should be his head coach, multiple league sources believe it’s worth paying attention to Dolphins defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni.
    When Pioli was a graduate assistant at Syracuse in 1988 and 1989, Pasqualoni was an assistant coach at the school. Pasqualoni has acquired the reputation as one of the more respected coaches in the game and merited consideration from other teams involved in head-coaching searches this offseason.
    Plus, Pasqualoni works for Pioli’s father-in-law, Bill Parcells, the Dolphins’ executive vice president of football operations. Were Pioli to turn to Pasqualoni, he would be going with a similar coaching model to the one that Parcells deployed so successfully in Miami this season.
    After Parcells accepted the Dolphins’ job, he hired Tony Sparano, a 47-year-old coach who was a head coach at the University of New Haven before moving on to Boston University and the NFL. The now 59-year-old Pasqualoni had a similar start, coaching at Southern Connecticut State and Western Connecticut before becoming the head coach at Syracuse in 1991 and then moving on to Parcells’ Cowboys staff in 2005.
    Pioli always has liked and respected Pasqualoni. Now, as Pioli tries to decide which head coach to go with, he can choose Herm Edwards, Pasqualoni, Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo or another candidate.
    It doesn’t mean Pasqualoni will be Pioli’s choice. It just means that, from this point on, he’s a person of interest.

I heard this on NFL total access earlier tonight. I cant say I have ever heard of the guy before~ But looks like we are going to get an Italian guy haha! Pioli/other italian = MOB CHIEFS? hmmmm :P

Really though, never heard of this guy, so I would rather not see him as the HC of my beloved team. That being said, if it happened, I dont think I would be overly dissapointed.

I have no idea about him, but dang am I lovin the Connecticut love bein thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I heard this on NFL total access earlier tonight. I cant say I have ever heard of the guy before~ But looks like we are going to get an Italian guy haha! Pioli/other italian = MOB CHIEFS? hmmmm :P

Really though, never heard of this guy, so I would rather not see him as the HC of my beloved team. That being said, if it happened, I dont think I would be overly dissapointed.
    I haven't heard about him either, but if I have faith in our new GM (until he destroys it, which I hope doesn't happen), I've got my list of favorites too(Rex Ryan please) but I'm going to support whoever coaches us next.

spagnuolo (sp?) from the giants = A+ def. coordinator.
    but i like the sound of the other guy lol

It's clear that Pioli will bring in some Italians to join his staff. I'm italian and thats how things work. There have already been talks about Pasqualoni and Spagnuolo. In the news conference he said something about Italian restuarants in K.C....hes gonna need some italian buddys to eat with him

They will be all EHYYY and YOOO and WHADDA YOU LOOGIN AD etc.

And if we dont win games with them, they will make sure something bad happens to someone on the other team~

:P

Becoming Italian seemed to work for the Dolphins this season... Pasqualoni, Tony Sparano, Anthony Fasano. I'm sure there's others too. But if it helped them go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year, then I'll take all the Italians we can get!

I don't know much about Pasqualoni, but I think that if he becomes head coach you can count on Brad Cottam developing very well. Pasqualoni did wonders for Jason Witten, and even as the Dolphins DC this year I'm sure he got some work in with Fasano who had a nice year.
    Last edited by yashi; 01-16-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Its because Italians bring good luck. No lie

At this point I don't care who our HC is as long as he gets things moving in right direction and wins alot of games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast