Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our own cancer

Default our own cancer

I'm not sure if this is a repost(if it is im sorry)Buuttt........Larry johnson is our version of TO and needs to be sent away by any means!That should be Piolis first priority!If he can get rid of that monstrous contract and the lady slappin larry he would've already won my vote of confidence!The contract,player,and his level of play are dead weight for the chiefs let alone his off field antics and anti-Kansas City remarks!He probably runs faster and harder to the bank than the field.He must carry his wallet in his uniform and weigh him down.He'd be a good fit in oakland!Larry,don't go away mad,just go away!!!!!!!

He's not quite a TO but he has made it clear he wants out of KC, and I would love to see him gone. He has contributed quite a bit the past few years, but when you hold out for a huge contract, then dont deliver, AS WELL AS become a media/locker room distraction that spells G O O D B Y E in my book~

i agree it would be good for the team if we traded him....but i just dont see it happening for the obvious financial reasons...

Him plus Charles is a pretty deadly duo i think...talk about smash and dash...we just need some better lineman and more of a running personnel, i.e the spread is not good for larry...if we trade him, who are you going to get to replace him? Can you really blame him for being upset for the way the Chiefs were playing offense for a while there? The guy is just frustrated from a terrible offense and losing so many games...A new gm and coaching staff would basically be a new team anyways for him, especially if they decided to draft a qb first to replace thigstyle as the starter...

Lj just needs to grow up and understand, life, and NFL Teams do not revolve around him!

I bet L.J. wants to stay in KC now that we have a brighter future... I wonder if Tony G was given word of something big happening with Carl getting canned and someone new stepping in as GM when he changed his attitude mid-season and fell in love with the organization all over again.. ya know? like Clark told him "trust me Tony".... I'm going to make it worth your while to stay in KC......

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i agree it would be good for the team if we traded him....but i just dont see it happening for the obvious financial reasons...

Him plus Charles is a pretty deadly duo i think...talk about smash and dash...we just need some better lineman and more of a running personnel, i.e the spread is not good for larry...if we trade him, who are you going to get to replace him? Can you really blame him for being upset for the way the Chiefs were playing offense for a while there? The guy is just frustrated from a terrible offense and losing so many games...A new gm and coaching staff would basically be a new team anyways for him, especially if they decided to draft a qb first to replace thigstyle as the starter...
    I can blame him. He is a major part of the reason the offense sucked. He demanded the big $$ to perform and then he didn't do it. Even if he is frustrated, I don't see how acting like an a$$ is gonna help improve the situation at all.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I dont think we can even get a whole lot for him.. whats he have 4 or 5 years left on his contract? No team is gonna wanna take that, so that means he will have to take a pay cut, which I can bet he wont do. Not only that, what would a team give for him? A media distraction who has really even with injurys & suspensions been pretty punished in his short active carreer, with a big fat contract. 4th rounder conditional? :(

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I dont think we can even get a whole lot for him.. whats he have 4 or 5 years left on his contract? No team is gonna wanna take that, so that means he will have to take a pay cut, which I can bet he wont do. Not only that, what would a team give for him? A media distraction who has really even with injurys & suspensions been pretty punished in his short active carreer, with a big fat contract. 4th rounder conditional? :(
    Huh? LJ just signed a 3 year 47 mil contract ext. last year. He won't have to take a pay cut. He has a contract!
    If the Chiefs want to part ways with LJ, they will have to eat the rest of his contract - barring some kind of behavioral clause. They can shop him around and try to ease some of the contractual pain, but will unlikely be any takers.
    Our best bet - financially anyways - would be to keep him here and squeeze out as much of that 47 mil on the field.
    But our best bet - rebuilding and winning anyways - would be to release him and eat his contract.
    SHUT IT

He signed a six year after the hold-out. And what I mean by taking a pay cut is - any team thats willing to take him in trade is going to want to renegotiate that contract at a lower rate, which he wont want to do~

I have a feeling he will be there next year :(
    Last edited by hometeam; 01-14-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    What I mean by taking a pay cut is - any team thats willing to take him in trade is going to want to renegotiate that contract at a lower rate, which he wont want to do~

I have a feeling he will be there next year :(
    I think we cut him June 1, 2009 after we draft or sign a big RB. Spreads his cap hit over the next two seasons, and gets him off this team.

If we could find a team dumb enough to trade for him, that would be good too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast