Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo News : Pioli's three big issues: Herm, Thigpen, and Tony G (Yahoo! Sports)

Default Yahoo News : Pioli's three big issues: Herm, Thigpen, and Tony G (Yahoo! Sports)

Former New England Patriots general manager Scott Pioli is the brand new GM of the Kansas City Chiefs , which...

More...

herm- definately gone, Tony-trade for a 3rd rounder or keep, Tyler, definately keep...try him out as starter for 2009, w/this year under his belt he may settle in as a solid Qb...can be a #2 if no work out.......jmho

Why does everyone want to trade Tony so bad?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No idea. Just as one part of our team (passing game, in this circumstance) begins to show some life, people want to raze it to the ground. TG is pretty necessary to that passing attack, and to jettison him for a 3rd rounder seems extremely short-sighted.

You trade underachieving players, not overachieving ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No idea. Just as one part of our team (passing game, in this circumstance) begins to show some life, people want to raze it to the ground. TG is pretty necessary to that passing attack, and to jettison him for a 3rd rounder seems extremely short-sighted.

You trade underachieving players, not overachieving ones.

i think Tony is the best tight end to have ever played the game. that said i don't want to see him traded. that said it may still be the best thing for both he & the CHIEFS. I don't think he will want to continue playing for more than a few more years, and is currently still valuable addition to a team needing that one more weapon to make them a contender from a pretender. The CHIEFS may get a draft pick they can use twoards rebuilding, and Tony gets to finish his career with maybe a playoff win or two.

You also trade players that dont want to be there, and deserve to be traded to a super bowl contender becuase they are hall of famers and have given everything to your organization~

I would like to see TG back in KC, but if he wants out, we should let him, we owe him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i think Tony is the best tight end to have ever played the game. that said i don't want to see him traded. that said it may still be the best thing for both he & the CHIEFS. I don't think he will want to continue playing for more than a few more years, and is currently still valuable addition to a team needing that one more weapon to make them a contender from a pretender. The CHIEFS may get a draft pick they can use twoards rebuilding, and Tony gets to finish his career with maybe a playoff win or two.
    But we can be a contender over the next couple years! We just need to remove Herm Edwards from the Chiefs, and everything falls into place!

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    You also trade players that dont want to be there, and deserve to be traded to a super bowl contender becuase they are hall of famers and have given everything to your organization~

I would like to see TG back in KC, but if he wants out, we should let him, we owe him that much.
    ...or you trade him to a team that you think is a SuperBowl contender that ends up sh!tting the bed and does not make the playoffs and we (the Chiefs) manage to win our division, make the playoffs and come up one passing weapon short of going deep into the playoffs. I believe Tiki Barber retired from the Giants the year before their SB. Think he regrets his decision?

....as far as owing him, has he not been paid millions of dollars by the organization. I think that is pretty fair compensation.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Is it just me or do we keep him til he's 50 and broken. If he wants out we chain him up and don't let him out until they want him in Canton and we have to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Is it just me or do we keep him til he's 50 and broken. If he wants out we chain him up and don't let him out until they want him in Canton and we have to let him go.
    Then after he's gone to Canton we teach him how to be the TE coach and he coaches there forever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast