Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never mind Thigpen...

Default Never mind Thigpen...

We agreed to terms with Ingle.... Martin?

Well, Brodie and Damon ought to be wondering about their status right now (though I'm not sure either had much of a chance after this season).

Anyone have any thoughts on why we've signed this Ingle Martin chap? Is he good?

JB

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    We agreed to terms with Ingle.... Martin?

Well, Brodie and Damon ought to be wondering about their status right now (though I'm not sure either had much of a chance after this season).

Anyone have any thoughts on why we've signed this Ingle Martin chap? Is he good?

JB
    He's camp fodder.

Yeah, kind of what I thought when I heard about him at the start of the season this year. I like Thigpen, and I do think he should at least be given the chance to lead again, but can you imagine our one-two punch of

1. Thigpen
    2. Martin

I somehow doubt it with the new changes coming. I wouldn't be surprised if Thiggie is the only QB we retain.

jb

Yeah, pretty much. If you don't know Ingle Martin, he played for Florida but left to Furman when Chris Leaks was taking his spot. Then he did well enough to get drafted by GB, but got tossed around to (I don't know), but we grabbed him in early fall. He's good in the sense that he was our 3rd string qb twice after being cut once and now he's been resigned.

ingle martin was a castoff, we signed him in a panic when brodie & damon went down, expecting him to fill in but he could not beat out thigpen.

oh my......

and let us not forget the world famous quinn gray we signed in october, the jax jags castaway. you could have won lots of money in any bar [outside KC] to name KC's three qb's...Tyler Thigpen, Ingle Martin, & Quinn Gray....a lineup that strikes fear into the hearts and minds of corners & safeties everywhere
    ps: i however do like Thigpen, he turned out pretty good all things considered.

What happened to Gray? Is he retiring? Moving on from a one season contract?
    I would think our QB situation would be something along the lines of...

1. Thigs
    2. Gray/Insert 2009 draft QB here/Croyle

but since Martin was signed you have to wonder about some of that, I don't think we'll forego a QB in this draft, so what have we done about Croyle and Gray more specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    and let us not forget the world famous quinn gray we signed in october, the jax jags castaway. you could have won lots of money in any bar [outside KC] to name KC's three qb's...Tyler Thigpen, Ingle Martin, & Quinn Gray....a lineup that strikes fear into the hearts and minds of corners & safeties everywhere
    ps: i however do like Thigpen, he turned out pretty good all things considered.
    You hit this topic before I did :P, sorry for the repetitiveness.

my wag is for now it's Thigpen, Croyle, Gray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast