Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: herm is staying

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default herm is staying


    0 Not allowed!
    i hate this ****ing team do one thing good then **** it up the next day trust me i have a inside guy

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    please tell me you're just getting an early jump on an april fools joke!!!!

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i wish i was

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    573
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hope you mean we're retaining him as a coordinater, or even better a DB coach.

    Wishful thinking, but for how terrible this season has been, the offseason has been great. First Snyder at KSU, now Pioli, lets hope for a perfect 3!

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    well, i did hear right before we hired herm that we would indeed hire herm but as an interim untill cower became available. if what you say is true, i will hold onto this belief to help me endure one more season of dissapointmnets under HE

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    well, i did hear right before we hired herm that we would indeed hire herm but as an interim untill cower became available. if what you say is true, i will hold onto this belief to help me endure one more season of dissapointmnets under HE
    I think you were trying to be funny, but I kind of think what you said might be more accurate than you realize. Think of the coaches that may be looking for jobs next year...Cowher, Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Parcells, Dungy. I wouldn't be surprised if three of those guys come back to coaching in 2010, but none of them will be coaching in 2009. Why fire Herm this year when we can go after one of those 5 if we wait one more year?
    Last edited by wildcat; 01-14-2009 at 04:43 PM.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I think you were trying to be funny, but I kind of think what you said might be more accurate than you realize. Think of the coaches that may be looking for jobs next year...Cowher, Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Parcells, Dungy. I wouldn't be surprised if three of those guys come back to coaching in 2010, but none of them will be coaching in 2009. Why fire Herm this year when we can go after one of those 5 if we wait one more year?
    Because we don't have to chalk up 2009?

    Because we could just put Gailey in charge for a year instead of Herm?

    Because it's probably better to get a young coach instead of a retread?

    Because there's no way Parcells, Schottenheimer, or Dungy coach again?

    Because we want to signal that this franchise is changing direction?

    Because we want a competent coach that won't destroy our FA and rookie classes?

    I dunno, it's a mystery why Herm should be fired.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    187
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Because we don't have to chalk up 2009?

    Because we could just put Gailey in charge for a year instead of Herm?

    Because it's probably better to get a young coach instead of a retread?

    Because there's no way Parcells, Schottenheimer, or Dungy coach again?

    Because we want to signal that this franchise is changing direction?

    Because we want a competent coach that won't destroy our FA and rookie classes?

    I dunno, it's a mystery why Herm should be fired.
    I don't really disagree with you, but I do see it as a win-win situation. If we fire Herm this year, then we will wind up with a better coach. If we wait until next year, there is a good chance we will wind up with an even better coach. Plus, there is a slim chance Herm might surprise us and turn out to be a better coach than we all think he is capable of being.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I don't really disagree with you, but I do see it as a win-win situation. If we fire Herm this year, then we will wind up with a better coach. If we wait until next year, there is a good chance we will wind up with an even better coach. Plus, there is a slim chance Herm might surprise us and turn out to be a better coach than we all think he is capable of being.
    No, it is not win-win for us to bring back a bad coach in 2009 for the shot at signing Cowher (the other coaches you mentioned aren't worth the wait) in 2010. Not only do we not know if Cowher will coach again, but we don't know if he would coach here.

    And really, you think its a good idea to keep a coach as a lame duck for a whole year? When players are going to disregard him for that particular reason? When trying to woo FAs and train rookies? When we're actually trying to win games and need a coach who understands game management? Really?

    Herm is a worse coach than everyone thinks, not a better one. The only reason to keep Herm would be if you think he's the future of the franchise. If not, we need to ditch him. Immediately.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,306
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    well, i did hear right before we hired herm that we would indeed hire herm but as an interim untill cower became available. if what you say is true, i will hold onto this belief to help me endure one more season of dissapointmnets under HE

    i AM TYHE ONE WHO HAS BEEN SAYING HERM IS HERE FOR ONE MORE YEAR POSSABLE , UNTILL A GOOD COACH LIKE COWHER, SHANAHAN, DUNGY IS AVAILABLE NEXT YEAR.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •