Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: herm is staying

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default herm is staying


    0 Not allowed!
    i hate this ****ing team do one thing good then **** it up the next day trust me i have a inside guy

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You take pride in disagreeing with me, don't you? If Pioli decides to keep Edwards it's because he thinks there is still some hope for Edwards as KC's HC. Besides that, he is one of the most well liked coaches by NFL players. I think highly paid GMs and NFL players can do a better job of evaluating a coach than you or I. However, my point is that it is reassuring that if we take a chance and give Herm another year, there will be several excellent coaches available next year. Don't be such a Debbie Downer.

    Just FYI, I would have fired Herm months ago if it were up to me, but it's not so I am putting a little faith in Hunt and Pioli.
    I'm contentious on this issue. I cannot believe that after the past three years, people still believe Herm Edwards can be a winner in this town. I cannot believe they think he's drafted well and that injuries/youth are to blame for our losses this year. He is the losingest active coach with more than 75 games. He is the single greatest reason the Chiefs have done so badly over the past two years.

    Sure Herm's well liked. He's a very nice, religious guy who has utter faith in his players and looks out for them. But he's a terrible HC.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Someplace
    Posts
    1,261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think Herm Edwards could really do anything to gain support from those who's favor he's lost or had none to start. 7-9 win season = oh no will they renew?!? Playoffs same diff. with less edge. Playoff win = some fans. Herm needs to win the bowl, only answer for people to regard him differently. By the way, I'm on the fence, so don't take my words as harsh criticism or appraisal. In a perfect world he's either the complete villain(he came here to DESTROY!) or the hero(superbowl champs next year!!!!).

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Come on JM! You know damn well that isnt going to happen. With added free agents and draft picks by Pioli, this team will look good in a division that will not be very good next year.
    Our bad division beat the Indianapolis Colts last week, when everyone said that the Colts were the hottest team in the playoffs sporting the NFL MVP. Not bad if you ask me.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It's plain and simple when it comes to Herm, he is a DC not an HC. He took over a Jets team that was built by the Tuna. First year, playoffs then nothing. Then he gets the Chiefs job, a team that was brought back to prominence somewhat by Vermeil, after Gunther tried his best to pull a "Herm". And what happens. First year, playoffs then nothing. He can't do anything with a team he has control over. He can't even do anything when a team gets built into a winner for him. HE TURNS THEM INTO LOSERS!!! He may be the nicest guy in the world, but sometimes you have to say business is business and move on.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    It's plain and simple when it comes to Herm, he is a DC not an HC. He took over a Jets team that was built by the Tuna. First year, playoffs then nothing. Then he gets the Chiefs job, a team that was brought back to prominence somewhat by Vermeil, after Gunther tried his best to pull a "Herm". And what happens. First year, playoffs then nothing. He can't do anything with a team he has control over. He can't even do anything when a team gets built into a winner for him. HE TURNS THEM INTO LOSERS!!! He may be the nicest guy in the world, but sometimes you have to say business is business and move on.
    Please dont go their with the Tuna team and all that. If you had been around here for a while, you would have seen it squashed many times. Look up the facts about Herm in New York and get back to me.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Please dont go their with the Tuna team and all that. If you had been around here for a while, you would have seen it squashed many times. Look up the facts about Herm in New York and get back to me.

    Dude you are high. there is more evidence to what Herm didn't do than what he did. One of the mods posted Herm's team, which players he drafted and which ones were brought in by parcells after 5 years name the players that Herm brought in that are still on the team. He was ran out of town, He must be an AWESOME coach.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Every thing is going to be fine now, we have the Tunainlaw at the helm.

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Dude you are high. there is more evidence to what Herm didn't do than what he did. One of the mods posted Herm's team, which players he drafted and which ones were brought in by parcells after 5 years name the players that Herm brought in that are still on the team. He was ran out of town, He must be an AWESOME coach.
    I told you to look it up smart guy. But NOOOOO, your just too smart arent ya? OK! Bill Parcells went 8-8 and quit in 1999. Al Groh went 9-7 and quit in 2000 and then Herm went 10-6 and went to the playoffs in 2001. In 2002, Herm won the division and the first playoff game. That was 3 years after Parcells. In 2004, Herms Jets went to the playoffs AGAIN and won their first playoff game and was a kick away from going to the AFC Championship game. His kicker misses one before OT and the next one in OT and the rest is history. I suppose this was still Parcells team 5 years and two coaches later right? Herm comes to Kansas city his first year, Will Shields retires and Trent Green gets his skull crushed. With an older, less talented, Damon Huard led football team, Herm coaches them to the playoffs. Something Dick didnt do the year before with a better team.

    Listen man, I dont think that Herm is gonna coach us to a Super Bowl anytime soon, but if you are gonna bring facts to the table, then bring em!


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    tucson
    Posts
    4,306
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    well, i did hear right before we hired herm that we would indeed hire herm but as an interim untill cower became available. if what you say is true, i will hold onto this belief to help me endure one more season of dissapointmnets under HE

    i AM TYHE ONE WHO HAS BEEN SAYING HERM IS HERE FOR ONE MORE YEAR POSSABLE , UNTILL A GOOD COACH LIKE COWHER, SHANAHAN, DUNGY IS AVAILABLE NEXT YEAR.

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,003
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    i AM TYHE ONE WHO HAS BEEN SAYING HERM IS HERE FOR ONE MORE YEAR POSSABLE , UNTILL A GOOD COACH LIKE COWHER, SHANAHAN, DUNGY IS AVAILABLE NEXT YEAR.
    Hopefully we'll know by friday. But I do think if Pioli decides to keep Herm, its because he thinks Herm is the man to take us to the Superbowl. I don't think Pioli will keep Herm and his staff for just 1 year and adios. That would truely be wasting another year and I wouldn't think Pioli is about to waste anything.
    Either Herm is here for the long haul or he's gone by this weekend. JMO!
    SHUT IT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •