Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: herm is staying

Default herm is staying

i hate this ****ing team do one thing good then **** it up the next day trust me i have a inside guy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I told you to look it up smart guy. But NOOOOO, your just too smart arent ya? OK! Bill Parcells went 8-8 and quit in 1999. Al Groh went 9-7 and quit in 2000 and then Herm went 10-6 and went to the playoffs in 2001. In 2002, Herm won the division and the first playoff game. That was 3 years after Parcells. In 2004, Herms Jets went to the playoffs AGAIN and won their first playoff game and was a kick away from going to the AFC Championship game. His kicker misses one before OT and the next one in OT and the rest is history. I suppose this was still Parcells team 5 years and two coaches later right? Herm comes to Kansas city his first year, Will Shields retires and Trent Green gets his skull crushed. With an older, less talented, Damon Huard led football team, Herm coaches them to the playoffs. Something Dick didnt do the year before with a better team.

Listen man, I dont think that Herm is gonna coach us to a Super Bowl anytime soon, but if you are gonna bring facts to the table, then bring em!
    Who gives a crap about records. Parcells brought in the talent and Herm 'the Germ' Edwards ran that team into the ground. Maybe one of the mods can help but there was a thread that showed us what Herm didn't do for the Jets. He was there for 5 years bro and who's left on that roster if he's such a great talent finder, and drafted for them for five years, how many guys are left on that team. Give me a break, talk to a Jets fan instead of looking up records.

Dick Vermeil's team that didn't make the playoffs the year before finished the season with a 10-6 record which is one game better that what Herm did. And in the playoff game, which I was at. It was his inability to make adjustments as to why we lost. We picked off Peyton Manning 3 times running one back to the 7 yard line. But there is Herm, riding someone elses coatails for the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    There are several people on here who like to fight with people (fellow Chief fans I might add) but I won't be one of them. I am only making my point & doing so without being a smarta$$.

The Giants Defense did an awesome job against the Pats. Total TEAM effort. And I never questioned his ability to coach as a DC, but how does that make him a sure thing as a coach? It doesn't...

I never intended to argue with you about this. Just stating my opinion...I'm still very new here and would like to be friends with everyone. So I respect your opinion as you should mine. Doesn't mean we have to agree ;)
    Hey bro, when they stop picking on you, then worry. Right now they like you enough to argue with you. It's passion for a team we all love, and it's been so long since we've had some good Sunday's that it just makes it easy to toss a few back and pick on the new kid. Although, don't use the wink icon, make us think you're a ***. kidding.

Personally I think it comes down to money. That's where we, the fans have a say. We quit going to Arrowhead and Clark pulled the trigger. I think he and Pioli understand that without butts in seats, it's a losing effort. Believe me, if Arrowhead filled up every week during this last 2 years, and we continued to spend the money we always did, nothing would have changed this year. It's a business. I think Pioli (probably spelling his name wrong) knows that Herm's not gonna put butts in seats and he'll make a change soon. I love the guy that said he has a "inside source". Christ it's 3 guys in a room, Thum, Clark and Pioli, that's it. and one of them is probably on the phone talking from boston at this point. I've been on both side of this too, will he keep Herm, will he fire him. Today I think fire. Yesterday I thought keep. ugh. But at least now we have something to argue about. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I did hear on both fox sports & espn radio that they thought it likely herm stays to finish out his contract [1year], their reasons.....too much adjustment for a young team, herm hand picked and trained the youngins - another year needed for them to mature, no top coaches Pioli would want at this time, a year to assess the team for the perfect fit as coach.
    That by the way is the only reason I would see Herm staying, this is what I have been saying all along.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    There are several people on here who like to fight with people (fellow Chief fans I might add) but I won't be one of them. I am only making my point & doing so without being a smarta$$.

The Giants Defense did an awesome job against the Pats. Total TEAM effort. And I never questioned his ability to coach as a DC, but how does that make him a sure thing as a coach? It doesn't...

I never intended to argue with you about this. Just stating my opinion...I'm still very new here and would like to be friends with everyone. So I respect your opinion as you should mine. Doesn't mean we have to agree ;)
    as long as you keep that banner of that hot chick you will always have friends here

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Hey bro, when they stop picking on you, then worry. Right now they like you enough to argue with you. It's passion for a team we all love, and it's been so long since we've had some good Sunday's that it just makes it easy to toss a few back and pick on the new kid. Although, don't use the wink icon, make us think you're a ***. kidding.

Personally I think it comes down to money. That's where we, the fans have a say. We quit going to Arrowhead and Clark pulled the trigger. I think he and Pioli understand that without butts in seats, it's a losing effort. Believe me, if Arrowhead filled up every week during this last 2 years, and we continued to spend the money we always did, nothing would have changed this year. It's a business. I think Pioli (probably spelling his name wrong) knows that Herm's not gonna put butts in seats and he'll make a change soon. I love the guy that said he has a "inside source". Christ it's 3 guys in a room, Thum, Clark and Pioli, that's it. and one of them is probably on the phone talking from boston at this point. I've been on both side of this too, will he keep Herm, will he fire him. Today I think fire. Yesterday I thought keep. ugh. But at least now we have something to argue about. Cheers.

you seriously believe that this is all happening because people stopped buying T shirts??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I did hear on both fox sports & espn radio that they thought it likely herm stays to finish out his contract [1year], their reasons.....too much adjustment for a young team, herm hand picked and trained the youngins - another year needed for them to mature, no top coaches Pioli would want at this time, a year to assess the team for the perfect fit as coach.

I am sure they said that. But it isn't quite logical. Why would you keep him around just to get rid of him when his contract runs out. If the move to replace Herm is made, it needs to be now. We could got 8-8 and win the AFC West next year, how foolish would it be to get rid of hime then. I do not agree with that logic at all, if your gonna fire him, it needs to be now.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    as long as you keep that banner of that hot chick you will always have friends here

Done!

;)
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I think it depends on the outcome of the Pittsburgh Baltimore game. So Monday is when I expect something. Whatever, I thought we would have to endure Carl and herm for 1 more year getting rid of one is enough in my book.
    Not me. Losing 23 of last 25 games does not deserve any coach to retain his job. Herm should of spared us any more ruin and resigned himself at the end of the season.
    But NO NO. He has decided he wants to stay here for at least 1 more year of torture and misery.
    That alone should tell you that his tenure here is all about Herm - Not about you, me, KC, and the Chiefs organization.
    Herm is a decent person - but not real decent. Look how he dismissed Casey Weigmann last year; and how he won't dismiss himself this year by putting all the blame for losing 23/25 games on his players and none on the coaching staff.
    If Pioli doesn't see Herm as a terrible head coach, Clark made a terrible mistake in this hire....
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    you seriously believe that this is all happening because people stopped buying T shirts??
    They stopped buying BEER, opting to sneak theirs into the stadium instead!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    They stopped buying BEER, opting to sneak theirs into the stadium instead!
    Who would do such a thing?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345