Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacman Jones' Lawyer Questions Treatment Of Vick

Sweets Guest

Default Pacman Jones' Lawyer Questions Treatment Of Vick

Michael Vick's indictment on charges he was part of a dogfighting ring might lead to questions about the consistency of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's new conduct policy. The NFL statement after the Atlanta Falcons quarterback's federal indictment Tuesday cautioned that "Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts. To some, that appears at odds with the season-long suspension of Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, who has two felony trials pending. Charges hadn't been filed in one of those cases when Goodell levied the suspension. "I feel like they made us a poster boy to set an example," Jones' attorney, Manny Arora, said Thursday. "It seems patently unfair." "You can say he's had more mix-ups with the law ... but he hasn't been convicted," Arora said.

Source: Tom Weir, USA Today

Sweets Guest

If I was Pacman's lawyer I'd jump on this crap too...Goodell, you're looking really bad right about now my man....

How long, after Pacmans charges, did his suspension get issued? Wouldn't it be fair to give the league, the same amount of time, to come up with a penalty, for Vick?

Sweets Guest

Come up with a penalty??? He's been indicted, honestly I don't think Goodell needs to think about a penalty...

mmmmmmmmmmm, lets see Pacman 1year suspension no pay for what, not being convicted or indicted..now Vick, nothing so far even to the point of the team "asking" him if he wants to take a LOA(leave of absence) while he's in this mess, and the man has lied to Goodell, and been indicted.....what's there to think about?

Sweets Guest

I found this looking around ESPN and thought it was funny considering Goodell and his office has been so quietly absent since the Vick thing came to light. Read it and tell me that this should'nt pertain to Vick the dog killer as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015

"We must protect the integrity of the NFL," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "The highest standards of conduct must be met by everyone in the NFL because it is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right. These players, and all members of our league, have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."
    In a letter to each player, Goodell wrote: "Your conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club, and the NFL, and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising NFL career, and have risked both your own safety and the safety of others through your off-field actions. In each of these respects, you have engaged in conduct detrimental to the NFL and failed to live up to the standards expected of NFL players. Taken as a whole, this conduct warrants significant sanction."

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Come up with a penalty??? He's been indicted, honestly I don't think Goodell needs to think about a penalty...

mmmmmmmmmmm, lets see Pacman 1year suspension no pay for what, not being convicted or indicted..now Vick, nothing so far even to the point of the team "asking" him if he wants to take a LOA(leave of absence) while he's in this mess, and the man has lied to Goodell, and been indicted.....what's there to think about?
    BRING IT MOMMA!!!!!!!

Sweets Guest

This type of **** just infuriates me to no end, be fair to all or unfair to all but be consistent damn it.

I remember when all this crap was going down with Pacman and fans from all over were all ready to hang the guy, now with Vick, it's a wait and see what happens in the judicial department before we make a move, F* that...come on Goodell make another brilliant statement about the way players are disrespecting the NFL and let them be another Darling of the NFL and let them slide as well, you f*ing clown!!!

So then what do you do if Vick is found innocent? Any cop or lawyer who hates a team of player can ruin a season by pulling a guy over and saying "you look drunk" or i think you are a drug dealer. Would it be right if you were charged with a crime and suspended from your job before getting a fair trial. Remember Pac Man was involved in over a dozen investigations, was warned to stay out of trouble and was with the same group of guys
    at a shooting at a strip club. I am not saying that Vick should not be punished, maybe they should have waited for Pac Man's trial too. I am not the judge of that but look at what happened to Tank Johnson in Chicago. No one complains about that of says that isn't fair.

It does seem a bit inconsistent, but as Canada stated the two examples are not exactly mirror images of each other. Don't get me wrong, personally I think Goodell outta have him hung up by his buster browns; but it's easy for me to say that - I can't stand Vick.

Again, let's give it just a little bit of time. Geez, the indictment was released this week. Why the rush? There's no doubt that something will be done, long before the season starts.

And who, on Earth, would try to use this, as a defense for Adam Jones? They are two different cases and "Pac-Man" Doesn't have a leg to stand on, when comparing the two.

Michael Vick is an animal abuser and he will get what's coming to him. I'm not saying we should wait out the entire legal process. I'm saying give the commish some time, to talk wiith everyone who has a stake in the matter. Let him hear all sides of the issue, as it pertains to the NFL.

It is irrational to be jumping down the guys throat, three days after the indictment is issued.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast