Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradford going back to Oklahoma. Does that change anything for Thigpen?

Default Bradford going back to Oklahoma. Does that change anything for Thigpen?

With Bradford going back to Oklahoma, I think that might have a pretty big impact on what the Chiefs will do. Since the Lions will almost definitly pick up stafford at #1, their will be no other QB that the Chiefs could take at three. I think that the only reason we made it a possibility is because their was gonna be two QB's available. Now that their is only one, the Lions get him and the Chiefs must look elsewhere. Considering that it would take two 1st rounders for Pioli to get Cassell, I think Thigpen will be the guy next year.
    Last edited by Big Daddy Tek; 01-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

That's great!!! Now the Chiefs can focus on needs for certain, unless they trade up. In my opinion we should trade down unless we want Oher or Crabtree.

I have a feeling Pioli would not take a QB at #3 anyway. I could be wrong but look at the pats past drafts, Pioli has everything to do with them, and with finding brady in the seventh, im willing to go out on a limb and say he will be looking for a mid/low round QB with all the right stuff to make him look like a genius.

I admit that I was hoping Bradford would stay. I hope now to see the Chiefs trade down and still get one the top O-lineman or maybe Curry. But this all hinges on who they sign in FA.

I hope Mark Sanchez, USC stays in too. A lot of people think if he declares we might take him. I hope he stays. I like Sanchez a lot, but we need to build our lines before we can put all our eggs into the QB basket.

This is a good thing. The Chiefs have gaping holes at both lines and at LB, so I'm glad they'll now be forced to draft somebody thats not a QB.

With McCoy and bradford being available next year, maybe then we could look to upgrade the QB position, but I think we have much more pressing needs.

i think Pioli is just what the chiefs needed. He is a NOW football guy not someone who made a team great 10 years ago. i think Pioli will be smarter about rebuilding and understand that you need to mix some vets in with youngesters because let's face it young talent needs to win to get better because we all know how it feels to lose in sports and it is depressing whther you have a good game or not lol

Sanchez declared. Stafford and Sanchez will be the top two QBs.

I highly doubt Pioli allows the organization to draft a QB in the top 3. This is the guy who's credited for finding Brady and Cassel late in the draft. I doubt the guy goes QB #3.

I don't think judging Thigpen's ability to perform in a pro style system based on the one game at the beginning of the season during his first pro start behind a line who hadn't been together too long against Atlanta is fair.

We need to go another position in the draft. As I've said before, I think the safest position to draft at #3 would be a LT and move Albert. RT and RG are both positions that need to be filled before next season begins. LG is a position that will need to be addressed in the future as well. So moving Albert to guard wouldn't be awful. Taking a guard at #15 in the draft is a little high, but if Albert could turn out to be great, it could be worth it.

I agree with the above, Albert can play at his natural position, we can scoop up LT and let FA/other rounds and player development take care of the rest of it for this year. No matter how cliche it is its always true, the battles start in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    With Bradford going back to Oklahoma, I think that might have a pretty big impact on what the Chiefs will do. Since the Lions will almost definitly pick up stafford at #1, their will be no other QB that the Chiefs could take at three. I think that the only reason we made it a possibility is because their was gonna be two QB's available. Now that their is only one, the Lions get him and the Chiefs must look elsewhere. Considering that it would take two 1st rounders for Pioli to get Cassell, I think Thigpen will be the guy next year.
    I agree. I personally thought that Bradford was our only choice. Stafford is good but, like you said, he'll go number one.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast