Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Thigpen & Michael Crabtree Love Thread

Default Tyler Thigpen & Michael Crabtree Love Thread

I think we've got a great QB here..

Kid had more touchdown passes than fan favorite Big Ben Roethlisberger and wait, less interceptions too. Ok, so Ben had 46 more pass attempts but still...

Then you can look at things like mobility, Big Ben was sacked 46 times last year. Thigpen was only sacked 26 times. Oh but Big Ben rushed for 2 scores!! and Tyler Thigpen rushed for 3 and CAUGHT a 37 yard touchdown pass too.

I think given Tyler is a 1st year QB and playing on a terrible team with no running game.. oh yeah, did I mention that Roethlisberger had a running game to help his passing game?? well given that Tyler is a 1st year QB with Tony G as his only reliable target, I think he did fantastic..

Now lets go draft Crabtree #3 and put Bowe as our #2 receiver and watch Thigpen really shine..... of course we'll need a little O-Line help....

I just think because of the 2-14 season that Thigpen doesn't get the credit he deserves as a fabulous QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    We'll see. I think his stock will increase significantly by draft day. The one thing he has over every other back in the draft is his ability to break tackles. No one else can stay on their feet like Greene. We need a bruiser and Spiller's not a bruiser. Brown is tough but I'd rather have Greene in on fourth and one. I don't think we'll draft a QB so McCoy is out of the question in my mind.

And...? Slaton had a good year. He was injured for a bit and slid off the last couple of games but if you're trying to say he's a bust, you're way off.
    I'm talking about LeSean McCoy. And I think he was
    talking about how Slaton was expected to do better in the draft, but has been successful not being one. When I talk about all of the backs, I mean the ones that other teams would look it, KC needs a powerback but certain teams do not.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I'm talking about LeSean McCoy. And I think he was
    talking about how Slaton was expected to do better in the draft, but has been successful not being one.
    Ah. I haven't see much of LeSean so I wouldn't know. I have a hard time seeing why most of these other RBs are ranked so much higher than Greene when I think he's by far the most prototypical every down type back in the draft. I think he's special and I know it would be a reach drafting him but I'd rather do it early than wait and have him be gone later. I could easily see us trading down and picking him up as well.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

No way I go after Crabtree. With the offensive line talent available in the 1st round and with our desperate need of OL, I say we pick Smith, Oher, or Monroe. I don't see how we could go wrong with picking any of the above...
    SHUT IT

We still have to see if the Chiefs do something in free agency this year, and with a new GM I'm a bit excited to see what happens. If we could sign a guy like Jordan Gross, drafting Crabtree high and trading up a few spots for Alex Mack or taking Max Unger wouldn't be a bad scenario in my opinion.

Albert, Waters, Gross, Mack/Unger up front with Crabtree and Bowe outwide and Charles/LJ (hopefully not) or Shonn Greene in the back. Happy happy thoughts.

Too many holes. Draft OL and shore up front 7 with FA...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Xploder View Post
    I for one want crabtree with the third pick. yeah we have other needs but in all honesty there is not a linman off. or def. thats a gotta have man there is no ILB. this 1st pick will be a luxury pick and I think crabtree is the man he has great hands and quick I dont know about a #1 reciver but definatlly No. 2. I believe our key positions needed you need to get these guys in FA guys who have proven they can do the job we need some leadership in the locker room. I say the job next year is Thigpens he deserved it we can draft a QB in the later rounds to give thigy some compitition but the job is his to lose.
    ??? This might be the best offensive tackle draft ever. their is three must have guys and Aaron curry will be the best LB to come out in a while. Crabtree would be a bad pick

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

for a while, do you mean a year or plus? Cuz I'm thinkin Brandon Spikes is gonna be legit next year.

This is by far the funniest and most pointless thread!!!!
    I've never heard of Shonn Greene at #3 or Michael Crabtree at #3 before, and I hope I never hear it again.

We literally have 3 spots on the OL to fill... the only bright spots are: Albert and Waters.

We have 2 spots on the DL to fill (I'm assuming Hali and Dorsey will live up to their expectations this year)

We have only 1 legit LB (and he looked Pedestrian this year).

We have 0000000 depth at CB.

We have 1 legit QB .... (Huard's time is up.. Croyle wouldn't survive HS fball...Ingle Martin is Ingle Martin.. and Quinn Gray is another Journey QB)

So... QB, DL, OL, LB and CB drafts this year should be our priority.

although it seems like they draft freakin TE's, WR's and crappy CB's every year (Carr & Flowers are an exception)...

I think Bradley should be a legit #2 for now and hopefully we get to see Will Franklin use his 4.3 speed to stretch the field more this year..

But I say NO Greene and Crabtree at #3 ...
    Last edited by kcmostwanted; 01-16-2009 at 04:37 PM.

there are enuf "can't miss" OL, DE. LB available in top 15 pix, the only way to screw it up is to pik crabtree. Monroe, Oher, Smith at OL, Selvie, Hardy, Jackson, Middleton DE, Maulaga, Cushing LB,
    the really interesting pix will be in the 2-7th rounds. Connor Barwin DE/cincy, Jerry Hughes DE/tcu may be replacements for allen.
    could be a good idea to explore a trade down w/all of the good OL in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by vqman View Post
    I think we've got a great QB here...
    I think Thiggie Pop is good but he lacks something. He has a little of what the players have - the inability to play after the halftime.
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Bowe is a #1 reciever. You can get good recievers in free agency or the lower rounds.. we need OL or D for our 1st round pick. yuk recievers!

I dont know if Thigpen is 'fabulous' but he did well considering the circumstances.
    I agree with you on Thigpen but it doesn't matter because most of the games ended in a loss anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Bowe has the potential to be a POSSIBLE #1 receiver, but he better learn how to catch first.
    Bowe being a #1 reciever? When he isn't dropping balls or missing catches that he should have caught, I'd say that he was an ok reciever. That's far from #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    So what happens when Crabtree is the next Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams, Charles Rogers, David Terrell, Peter Warrick, or Travis Taylor? Not only would he be a bust, but he wouldn't be better than either of our top 2 WRs. At least with an OT, even if he's a bust there's a good chance he'd be an upgrade over McIntosh on the right side.

I think Crabtree will have a good career. I don't know if he'll be the next Fitzgerald or whatever, but what I do know is that the Lions have Calvin Johnson and they won 0 games this season. History dictates that offensive linemen are far more important to putting wins on the board than receivers.

I'd love to see a Bowe/Crabtree receiving corp, but I'd much rather watch a winning football team with Bowe/Bradley over a losing one with Bowe/Crabtree.
    I would love another Priest, he was beautiful at what he did. It was a shame he got his knee messed up.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast