Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tyler Thigpen & Michael Crabtree Love Thread

Default Tyler Thigpen & Michael Crabtree Love Thread

I think we've got a great QB here..

Kid had more touchdown passes than fan favorite Big Ben Roethlisberger and wait, less interceptions too. Ok, so Ben had 46 more pass attempts but still...

Then you can look at things like mobility, Big Ben was sacked 46 times last year. Thigpen was only sacked 26 times. Oh but Big Ben rushed for 2 scores!! and Tyler Thigpen rushed for 3 and CAUGHT a 37 yard touchdown pass too.

I think given Tyler is a 1st year QB and playing on a terrible team with no running game.. oh yeah, did I mention that Roethlisberger had a running game to help his passing game?? well given that Tyler is a 1st year QB with Tony G as his only reliable target, I think he did fantastic..

Now lets go draft Crabtree #3 and put Bowe as our #2 receiver and watch Thigpen really shine..... of course we'll need a little O-Line help....

I just think because of the 2-14 season that Thigpen doesn't get the credit he deserves as a fabulous QB...

The link below is an interview with Tyler Thigpen from our local Myrtle Beach TV station.

http://www.carolinalive.com/sports/video.aspx?id=249347
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    I think Thiggie Pop is good but he lacks something. He has a little of what the players have - the inability to play after the halftime.

I agree with you on Thigpen but it doesn't matter because most of the games ended in a loss anyway.

Bowe being a #1 reciever? When he isn't dropping balls or missing catches that he should have caught, I'd say that he was an ok reciever. That's far from #1.

I would love another Priest, he was beautiful at what he did. It was a shame he got his knee messed up.
    I think it had more to do with the play-calling in the second half than Thigpen playing poorly. Thigpen may not be the answer at QB, but give him a chance for a season. Let him be the QB for a season and see where he turns out. Since the Chiefs changed the offense halfway through the season, he did not have the time he would if he went through the off-season and training camp learning the offense and playbook. If he still does not win, then we can draft a QB in 2010. If he turns into a star at QB, then we saved ourselves another draft pick.

Bowe can be a #1 receiver. He had a bit of a slump year with many dropped passes, but it is one of those things I think he will work on in the off-season. Wait until next season until you decide what kind of player Bowe is.

I think it's pretty simple... If we stay with a shotgun heavy offense, Thigpen could turn into something special. If we don't, there's a good chance it's not going to work out. Before switching to the spread, I really never saw anything from Thigpen that suggested he could start in the NFL.

Obviously that's changed, but I still worry about how he'll look if he has to play under center more. And in fairness, he had about half a second to get rid of the ball every play... so you could argue that anything we saw before the Jets game was meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I think it had more to do with the play-calling in the second half than Thigpen playing poorly. Thigpen may not be the answer at QB, but give him a chance for a season. Let him be the QB for a season and see where he turns out. Since the Chiefs changed the offense halfway through the season, he did not have the time he would if he went through the off-season and training camp learning the offense and playbook. If he still does not win, then we can draft a QB in 2010. If he turns into a star at QB, then we saved ourselves another draft pick.

Bowe can be a #1 receiver. He had a bit of a slump year with many dropped passes, but it is one of those things I think he will work on in the off-season. Wait until next season until you decide what kind of player Bowe is.
    I remember a lot of people were ready to call TG a bust after his second season when he dropped all those passes. Remember?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234