Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Thigpen & Michael Crabtree Love Thread

Default Tyler Thigpen & Michael Crabtree Love Thread

I think we've got a great QB here..

Kid had more touchdown passes than fan favorite Big Ben Roethlisberger and wait, less interceptions too. Ok, so Ben had 46 more pass attempts but still...

Then you can look at things like mobility, Big Ben was sacked 46 times last year. Thigpen was only sacked 26 times. Oh but Big Ben rushed for 2 scores!! and Tyler Thigpen rushed for 3 and CAUGHT a 37 yard touchdown pass too.

I think given Tyler is a 1st year QB and playing on a terrible team with no running game.. oh yeah, did I mention that Roethlisberger had a running game to help his passing game?? well given that Tyler is a 1st year QB with Tony G as his only reliable target, I think he did fantastic..

Now lets go draft Crabtree #3 and put Bowe as our #2 receiver and watch Thigpen really shine..... of course we'll need a little O-Line help....

I just think because of the 2-14 season that Thigpen doesn't get the credit he deserves as a fabulous QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I doubt it. Right now he's ranked behind Knowshon Moreno and Beanie Wells. Knowshon isn't a featured back and Beanie has scary power but he's not as quick as Green. By the time the first round is over, at least three or four backs will have been selected so I doubt Shonn Greene is there in the second. He's a first round talent.
    People said the same thing about Steve Slaton last season.

The thread was originally a Tyler Thigpen love thread, and I got all excited thinking about a legit Moss/Fitzgerald/Owens type of receiver for him to throw to.. (and I don't think Bowe is of that caliber) but yes we'd be better off with a top notch defensive player at #3, or better yet, lets trade down and get a few more pics for a smaller signing bonus and increase our chances of success with a rookie... Unless Pioli has his eye on a player that he can't live without...

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I believe he's a first round talent but I'm not sure he'll b e taken in the first. He is from Iowa, and all the other teams will be expecting him to stick around for sometime too. Not to mention there is still McCoy, Spiller, and Brown around the same place as him.

Can you honestly imagine drafting Shonn #3?
    We'll see. I think his stock will increase significantly by draft day. The one thing he has over every other back in the draft is his ability to break tackles. No one else can stay on their feet like Greene. We need a bruiser and Spiller's not a bruiser. Brown is tough but I'd rather have Greene in on fourth and one. I don't think we'll draft a QB so McCoy is out of the question in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdagreat View Post
    People said the same thing about Steve Slaton last season.
    And...? Slaton had a good year. He was injured for a bit and slid off the last couple of games but if you're trying to say he's a bust, you're way off.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

sorry, slimdagreat, I just realised what you were trying to say. You were reffering to Slaton's draft position, not his production... haha. I thought it was weird anyone would question his production. I don't remember anyone saying he'd be a first rounder.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

If we keep herm and don't draft crabtree im going to be really pissed off

Just so you guys know, there isn't much demand for runningbacks this year in the high rounds. Shonn will probably go in the 2nd round. Maybe even the third.

Quote Originally Posted by whodachefs? View Post
    If we keep herm and don't draft crabtree im going to be really pissed off
    Thats funny, because thats exactly what I want to happen. What in the hell are we gonna do with Crabtree? We have the worst DL in football. Not one guy on the right side of the O-line that should be starting and only 1 linebacker thats any good and even he was very dissapointing this year. For the Chiefs, Picking Crabtree would be one of the worst decisions in NFL history!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I for one want crabtree with the third pick. yeah we have other needs but in all honesty there is not a linman off. or def. thats a gotta have man there is no ILB. this 1st pick will be a luxury pick and I think crabtree is the man he has great hands and quick I dont know about a #1 reciver but definatlly No. 2. I believe our key positions needed you need to get these guys in FA guys who have proven they can do the job we need some leadership in the locker room. I say the job next year is Thigpens he deserved it we can draft a QB in the later rounds to give thigy some compitition but the job is his to lose.

I don't want to draft any offensive player other than a lineman that may be worth it with our first pick. There are some good LB's out there. I'd much rather snag one of those than Crabtree.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

So what happens when Crabtree is the next Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Reggie Williams, Charles Rogers, David Terrell, Peter Warrick, or Travis Taylor? Not only would he be a bust, but he wouldn't be better than either of our top 2 WRs. At least with an OT, even if he's a bust there's a good chance he'd be an upgrade over McIntosh on the right side.

I think Crabtree will have a good career. I don't know if he'll be the next Fitzgerald or whatever, but what I do know is that the Lions have Calvin Johnson and they won 0 games this season. History dictates that offensive linemen are far more important to putting wins on the board than receivers.

I'd love to see a Bowe/Crabtree receiving corp, but I'd much rather watch a winning football team with Bowe/Bradley over a losing one with Bowe/Crabtree.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast