Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LJ holding out...

Default LJ holding out...

I can't say I'm surprised but I can't say I'm not disappointed either.

Larry Johnson seems like he has never been content in Kansas City. I don't know what his problem with the organization is but I wish they would either get it resolved or get what they can for him and send LJ packing to another team. While I don't want to see him go, realistically Johnson would be better served to go somewhere with a more established offense.

The Chiefs' line has weakened considerably over the last few years and the quarterback and receiver squads are still largely young and unproven. While we do have a few veteran players in those squads, the only one I'm expecting much from is Huard. Kennison should be solid but can't be leaned on for very much because of his age. Sammie Parker still has some stepping up to do in my opinion.

The only players I'm personally excited about watching on offense this year for the Chiefs are Huard and Tony G. Tony because he's going for Sharpe's record and Huard because it seems he feels he still has a lot to showcase on the NFL stage. That being said, I want to be clear about the fact that LJ is a phenomenal player and I still look forward to following him his entire career. I just don't think he is going to have a career year with the Chiefs this season.

Our run game is not going to be nearly effective as it has been in recent years. Waters is still awesome but the loss of Roaf and Shields over the last two seasons is a gaping wound that will be bleeding for some time. This, coupled with Herm's tendency to be so run heavy leads me to think that we may see some offensive struggles from the Chiefs early on. When Johnnson winds up suiting up for the Chiefs this year, (i still believe they will work something out) he will be ridden like the workhorse he is and put up mediocre numbers. This could possibly frustrate Johnson more and breed more dicontent between him and the organization.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and we smash the ball down everybody's throats! However, what will happen if LJ refuses to even play for the Chiefs anymore like Lance Briggs in Chicago? Will we have had to foresight to draft or sign another running back? Will we be left to scramble to find someone else Herm can ride into the dirt? Herm is a really good coach and I love smashmouth football. My favorite thing to watch is an all-pro running back navigate through the heat of the battle. However, I don't know if Edwards' style is right for the tools we have right now. I think that maybe Huard-Gonzo and Huard-Bowe/Parker/Kennison might be our bread and butter this year. That is if Huard even gets the nod over Croyle. I think he will.

On a bright note, I think our defense will be badass. Period. I'll go ahead out on this limb and say top 8 in the league at the end of the year. Look for some picks and big hits from the linebacker squad.

Didn't he already break Sharpe's record?

Default Hmm.

I thought he still needed one to tie and two to break it. Could be wrong though. I'm gonna go check.

Default Tony still behind.

Just checked on ESPN.com and Tony is still behind Sharpe by 1 TD reception for his career. Tony has 61 and Sharpe has 62.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Just checked on ESPN.com and Tony is still behind Sharpe by 1 TD reception for his career. Tony has 61 and Sharpe has 62.
    Man I hated that horse faced lookin ******* and still do! He used to TORCH us everytime we played but damn he was good!!

Sweets Guest

Horsefaced??? I thought he was talking about Sharpe not Elway...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Horsefaced??? I thought he was talking about Sharpe not Elway...lol
    Dude, Elway could eat corn through a picket fence!!!!

Sweets Guest

Yeah but, Sharpe is just ugly and foul, Elway is the horse..hahahaahah

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Yeah but, Sharpe is just ugly and foul, Elway is the horse..hahahaahah
    Donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Donkey

Yep!!!

m0ef0e, I just got home from work and have not heard any news about this. Did you hear this on the radio; news broadcast, or read it on the net? Has LJ for certain stated that he is definitely holding out?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast