Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Michael Vick

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default Michael Vick


    0 Not allowed!
    Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

    IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

    I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ....

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    HAHAHAHA. Dude, it's called being colorful. If I would have known you were so serious about this then I would have been more serious with my answer. Yes, I know he's in a mininum security prison he's staying near where I grew up. I know all about it, son. My point is he WILL NOT be in football shape when he gets out. Prisons, minimum or maximum security, don't have programs to help professional football players train day in and day out like they require to in order to stay sharp. QBs need the most training in the offseason, looking at tape everyday, working on timing with the recievers. You think he's been doing this? Just because he's been tossing the pigskin with his butt buddies (there I go again) doesn't mean he's anywhere close to football shape. This is real life, not "The Longest Yard". And even if he came back and was the football equivalent of the second coming of jesus christ, I would still rather have a guy like Huard leading the helm any day. Even before Vick's arrest, he was a worthless thug. Nobody question whether or not he could play football but I don't see how you would want this guy on your team let alone at the helm.
    Oh and, for the record, you did say Vick "was a better option than Thigpen". Don't try and retract it I read it twice.
    I'm glad you understood what I said. I didn't try to retract it.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Did I say he'd be better than Matt Ryan or Tyler Thigpen?
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm glad you understood what I said. I didn't try to retract it.
    Okay, McCain, just admit that you are talking out of your @$$ and I'll lay off the subject altogether. Deal?
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    180
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    we could always grab him and use at wr/kr/pr, jk. I think Vick'll either go to some crap team and help them get to the middle level or not get picked up by anyone.

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    Okay, McCain, just admit that you are talking out of your @$$ and I'll lay off the subject altogether. Deal?


    Not exactly the crunchiest chip in the bag, are ya?

    I said he'd be better than Thigpen. Then, you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    And if you question my analysis, just ask any Falcons fan if they'd rather have Matt Ryan or Vick in his prime. Believe me, they forgot all about their beloved #7 once Ryan came to town.
    You decided to bring in Matt Ryan. I never said he'd be a better option than Matt Ryan. I said he'd be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

    Caught up to speed yet? I don't know how else to help you here. I can't draw you pictures like you're accustomed to help you understand words.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The only reason I can see ANYONE picking him up is if they are looking to get some major publicity no matter what the risk (god, I hope Jerry Jones doesn't read this and get any bright ideas). Any team that does pick him up is putting their franchise's image at risk. The biggest difference between Vick and Josh Hamilton is that Hamilton is a rags to riches story. That's the only reason he can enjoy the success he has now. Vick was probably the most popular player in the NFL at the time of his arrest. His willingness to give up what so many people would kill to have over something so stupid and disgusting ensured his fate. Nobody wants to see him succeed after all this so why would any team give him a chance to do so? Just because someone might think he could still be useful? There are a handfull of players out there right now who can be just as effective as he would be and they don't carry all the baggage. So, what would be the point?
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    The only reason I can see ANYONE picking him up is if they are looking to get some major publicity no matter what the risk (god, I hope Jerry Jones doesn't read this and get any bright ideas). Any team that does pick him up is putting their franchise's image at risk. The biggest difference between Vick and Josh Hamilton is that Hamilton is a rags to riches story. That's the only reason he can enjoy the success he has now. Vick was probably the most popular player in the NFL at the time of his arrest. His willingness to give up what so many people would kill to have over something so stupid and disgusting ensured his fate. Nobody wants to see him succeed after all this so why would any team give him a chance to do so? Just because someone might think he could still be useful? There are a handfull of players out there right now who can be just as effective as he would be and they don't carry all the baggage. So, what would be the point?
    Do you even know who Josh Hamilton is? You're telling me a player who was taken #1 out of HS and who took a $3.8 million signing bonus and then subsequently blew it all on crack cocaine is a rags to riches story? wow.

    Explain how a first round pick in the NFL who blew it all by fighting dogs is different than a first round pick in MLB who blew it all by smoking crack.

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,763
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

    IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

    I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.
    They took a shot with character flaws in New England and it worked out. I'd bet Pioli at least thinks about it. He would come cheap. A buddy of mine, and I use the word loosely, was in the same POD as him in Leavenworth. He said it was a walk in the park, got to do pretty much whatever you wanted. So I don't think the prison thing is gonna mess his head up. He's got a lot to prove which is a good thing and he has paid his debt to society. Screw PETA, i just read that they are trying to change the name fish to sea kitten, to make fish seem more pet like. Whatever, they are a bunch of wackos and could care less if we piss them off.

    If he comes cheap, bring it on. I have always liked Michael Vick.

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post


    Not exactly the crunchiest chip in the bag, are ya?

    I said he'd be better than Thigpen. Then, you said:



    You decided to bring in Matt Ryan. I never said he'd be a better option than Matt Ryan. I said he'd be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

    Caught up to speed yet? I don't know how else to help you here. I can't draw you pictures like you're accustomed to help you understand words.
    If you were trying to get your point accross the way you had intended then it should have looked like this:
    "Did I say he was better than Matt Ryan or did I say he was better than Tyler Thigpen?" You could also have gone with: "Did I say he was better than Matt Ryan, or Tyler Thigpen?" If you don't use a comma before "or" the reader will assume you are connecting the two subjects rather than contrasting them. I really don't want to nitpick here but I find it hilarious that you question my ability to read your sentence when you never properly constructed it in the first place.
    Let me get back to the subject now. I brought up Matt Ryan because we are in a situation where we are trying to find a QB for the future. You are saying that Vick is a better option than Thigpen when many people believe that the latter could be the answer. Ryan has washed away the memories of Vick in ATL so easily because he has been more productive than Vick ever was. Someone mention earlier about how much better Roddy White is now that Ryan is throwing to him. Now, take a look at Thigpen's numbers since the Jets game and he was arguably more productive than Ryan or Flacco (<-no comma); the two best rookie QBs this year. So why would we take Vick when our QB has been playing just as good, if not better, than the QB who burried the memory of Vick? It just doesn't make sense.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Do you even know who Josh Hamilton is? You're telling me a player who was taken #1 out of HS and who took a $3.8 million signing bonus and then subsequently blew it all on crack cocaine is a rags to riches story? wow.

    Explain how a first round pick in the NFL who blew it all by fighting dogs is different than a first round pick in MLB who blew it all by smoking crack.
    Because Hamilton wasn't at the top of his game and the face of the league when he blew it all away. Rags to riches may not have been the best way to describe it. Baseball is different than football. You can easily come back and bat until your 40+ in baseball even if you took a five year vacation. You can't come back after not playing for a couple of years in football. Especially when you're a QB/RB that relies on his speed and agility. You lose that ability when you're about 30. Kind of like how baseball players lose their fielding ability early on in their careers. Unfortunately for Vick, we don't have designated hitter or a position comparable to first base where we can just throw him in once his wheels are bent.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •