Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Michael Vick

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,708
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 48

    Default Michael Vick


    0 Not allowed!
    Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

    IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

    I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    152
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.
    I can't buy this. I'm sure Vick has been lifting weights in order to keep the lady-deprived inmates away from his poopshoot but it'll take him a good while to get back into football shape. By that time, he'll be too old to be the type of player he once was. Nobody will ever convince me that he was anything but a good running back who had a decent arm for a running back and there is no way he comes back and has the same speed and agility that he once had. He never was and never will be an elite quarterback. He was a spectacle that sold jerseys.
    I can't say that Thigpen is as talented as he was overall but the one thing he has over Vick is heart. You'll never see Thiggy roll over and give up on his team like Vick so often did. And if you question my analysis, just ask any Falcons fan if they'd rather have Matt Ryan or Vick in his prime. Believe me, they forgot all about their beloved #7 once Ryan came to town.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,362
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 52

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

    IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

    I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Ummmmm no. Not only no. But.... Hell NO!!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    400
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Vick had horrible accuracy, and wasn't much of a passer in general.. The recievers in KC seem to have rally'ed(rallied?)behind Thigpen, so taking Vick would be a big mistake tbh. Just look at how Roddy White is performing now that it isn't Vick who is throwing the balls to him..

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Before his arrest? yeah, I would be ok with getting him. After his arrest? NO, we have a new GM, Pres, and prob a CEO. Also, we have a prob with LJ and possibly TG depending on what happens with Herm. Vick would be to big of a distraction atm for this team.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    no vick sucks this would be the stupidest move ever

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    no vick sucks this would be the stupidest move ever
    That was what i was getting at

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,205
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Only as a backup with a minimal salary.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    573
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    Before his arrest? yeah, I would be ok with getting him. After his arrest? NO, we have a new GM, Pres, and prob a CEO. Also, we have a prob with LJ and possibly TG depending on what happens with Herm. Vick would be to big of a distraction atm for this team.
    Aside from whether Vick might be good or not, Pioli says hes big on discipline. Vick may or may not have a bad locker room/field attitude, but your job as an NFL player extends beyond the locker room and he's already proven he isn't disciplined enough to be successful on and off the field in an NFL franchise.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •