Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick

Default Michael Vick

Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Any interest? Vick's violation was a first time offense against league policy and probably won't come with anymore suspension time. He'll probably come pretty cheap and could lock down the QB spot for a couple years while we finish building the team to support a true rookie QB.

IMO, the guy wasn't a horrible player. He didn't have a poor locker room attitude. I think he'll be out to prove he's still a good player in this league. He's only 29 and other than his friends in Virginia and Atlanta that got him caught up in that dog crap, he proved to be an elite player. Put him in a city like Kansas City and he'll probably be able to stay out of trouble (although, LJ has proven me wrong).

I'm not sold that he'd be the answer, but I think he's something to think about. I think he'd definitely be a better option than Tyler Thigpen.
    You can't be serious. Tex, I tend to agree on most of what you post and appreciate your football knowledge. But after this statement, May I ask you to please lay down your pipe and rethink this. Its really irrelavent anyway as Pioli wouldn't in his right mind consider such a dumba$$ move.
    If your post was by chance extreme sarcasm - my apologies.
    SHUT IT

no way no how. let him bring the wrong kind of media attention to another franchise.

OK now I am convinced that about 90% that you right on this board is just to get a rise out of the rest of us. You cannot be serious about this on any level. There is no way that Vick would be in the proper shape to compete for Thigpen's job and there is no way this organization needs the media attention that this would bring to the locker room.

In short, if Dallas or the Raiders do not take him, no one will. I don't see any other team in this league considering him even IF Goodall lets him come back to the league.

Pretty funny post though, at least now I know I can laugh at your posts now because they are not really serious.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

What about Vick and LJ sharing a jail cell?!?!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What about Vick and LJ sharing a jail cell?!?!
    Or a brain cell??!!
    SHUT IT

I could see him ending up at the lions~

I had actually thought about this in summer, but not now. I like Thigpen, as does Gonz. I think you gotta maintain planning as Thig as the starter, until someone beats him out right. Vick would probably fit the Lions well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I can't buy this. I'm sure Vick has been lifting weights in order to keep the lady-deprived inmates away from his poopshoot but it'll take him a good while to get back into football shape. By that time, he'll be too old to be the type of player he once was. Nobody will ever convince me that he was anything but a good running back who had a decent arm for a running back and there is no way he comes back and has the same speed and agility that he once had. He never was and never will be an elite quarterback. He was a spectacle that sold jerseys.
    I can't say that Thigpen is as talented as he was overall but the one thing he has over Vick is heart. You'll never see Thiggy roll over and give up on his team like Vick so often did. And if you question my analysis, just ask any Falcons fan if they'd rather have Matt Ryan or Vick in his prime. Believe me, they forgot all about their beloved #7 once Ryan came to town.
    First off, he was in a minimum security prison and didn't have to worry about his "poop shoot." Not every prison is like OZ from HBO. He's also being moved to a half way house this spring and will be in football shape by the time summer practices start. Did I say he'd be better than Matt Ryan or Tyler Thigpen?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Aside from whether Vick might be good or not, Pioli says hes big on discipline. Vick may or may not have a bad locker room/field attitude, but your job as an NFL player extends beyond the locker room and he's already proven he isn't disciplined enough to be successful on and off the field in an NFL franchise.
    Josh Hamilton proved the same thing. How's he doing in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You can't be serious. Tex, I tend to agree on most of what you post and appreciate your football knowledge. But after this statement, May I ask you to please lay down your pipe and rethink this. Its really irrelavent anyway as Pioli wouldn't in his right mind consider such a dumba$$ move.
    If your post was by chance extreme sarcasm - my apologies.
    This team doesn't have a QB for sure going into next season. Pioli would be a "dumba$$" if he didn't consider, evaluate and exhaust the best options available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    OK now I am convinced that about 90% that you right on this board is just to get a rise out of the rest of us. You cannot be serious about this on any level. There is no way that Vick would be in the proper shape to compete for Thigpen's job and there is no way this organization needs the media attention that this would bring to the locker room.

Again, Vick will be in a half-way house this spring and would have enough time to be able to compete for the position.

In short, if Dallas or the Raiders do not take him, no one will. I don't see any other team in this league considering him even IF Goodall lets him come back to the league.

Pretty funny post though, at least now I know I can laugh at your posts now because they are not really serious.
    I've posted some of just some of the positives Vick would bring to the QB position in KC. I didn't say I was all gung-ho about it or made up my mind that's who I'd want there. Michael Vick is still going to be a great athlete. If the Chiefs continue with their spread attack or perhaps mix in some "wild cat" sets, Michael Vick would be a great QB to run that offense. Part of why Thigpen was so successful was because he was mobile and able to get out of the pocket. Put a Vince Young or a Michael Vick in that type of system and you'd basically have two guys in Charles and Vick who would be huge homerun threats with the ball in their hands.

Also, if Edwards and his staff DO stay on to coach the team, that means Chan Gailey stays and he had a guy with similar talents in Pittsburgh (Stewart) who he was able to utilize and get the most from. Gailey showed me enough this season with what he was able to do with Thigpen to make me think he could make Vick a successful QB for the Chiefs.

Why wouldn't the Chiefs want publicity? That doesn't make sense to me. They're trying to rejuvenate the fan base and sell tickets. I never said I thought Vick would be the future of the franchise at the QB position, but he'd give the Chiefs a little more time to finish their O-line and would give them a big play maker at the QB position.

Do I think he's the best option or the answer to our QB problem? Not necessarily. But to just throw it out because his name in Michael Vick or because he's been out for a couple seasons is ridiculous. He'll probably be the best FA QB available.

If MV makes back into the NFL, he will be either a WR, KR/PR and possibly a reserve QB if the 1 and 2 guy get hurt.

He will be a "Slash", if he is lucky.

First off, he was in a minimum security prison and didn't have to worry about his "poop shoot." Not every prison is like OZ from HBO. He's also being moved to a half way house this spring and will be in football shape by the time summer practices start. Did I say he'd be better than Matt Ryan or Tyler Thigpen?
    HAHAHAHA. Dude, it's called being colorful. If I would have known you were so serious about this then I would have been more serious with my answer. Yes, I know he's in a mininum security prison he's staying near where I grew up. I know all about it, son. My point is he WILL NOT be in football shape when he gets out. Prisons, minimum or maximum security, don't have programs to help professional football players train day in and day out like they require to in order to stay sharp. QBs need the most training in the offseason, looking at tape everyday, working on timing with the recievers. You think he's been doing this? Just because he's been tossing the pigskin with his butt buddies (there I go again) doesn't mean he's anywhere close to football shape. This is real life, not "The Longest Yard". And even if he came back and was the football equivalent of the second coming of jesus christ, I would still rather have a guy like Huard leading the helm any day. Even before Vick's arrest, he was a worthless thug. Nobody question whether or not he could play football but I don't see how you would want this guy on your team let alone at the helm.
    Oh and, for the record, you did say Vick "was a better option than Thigpen". Don't try and retract it I read it twice.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast