Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Refusing To Report To Camp?

Sweets Guest

Default Chiefs RB Larry Johnson Refusing To Report To Camp?

Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is said to be dug in, entrenched, refusing to report to training camp until he has a new contract. The Chiefs believe Johnson already has a contract, which has one year remaining on it, scheduled to pay the running back over $1.9 million this season. Johnson is seeking somewhere in the vicinity of $28 million in guaranteed money, which is an easy enough number to trace. Three years ago, San Diego gave running back LaDainian Tomlinson a deal that included $21 million in bonuses. Since then, the salary cap has increased about 35 percent, which would make the guaranteed money in Tomlinson's deal worth about $28 million. At this time, Johnson is unwilling to take much less. ... Kansas City takes an opposite view. Johnson is scheduled to make more than $111,000 per game, wages he would lose if he has not reported. Plus, the Chiefs could opt to fine Johnson $14,000 each day he is not at training camp while also pursuing a pro-rated portion of his initial signing bonus that could amount to as much as $660,000. The potential lost wages could prove to be enough to bring back Johnson.
    Source: Adam Schefter, NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I like it. If Herm were granted ten first round picks, he still wouldn't take on offensive tackle.
    This goes on all the time when guys are up for extensions!!!! I promise you will be regretting it if they get rid of him!!! IMO.

J Jones and 2 picks???? $29 million??? I don't think so!

I have little doubt, that he would play harder, for another team. I also believe that he would have better numbers, with another team. While you believe that I would regret getting rid of him, I believe that you will regret keeping him and over-paying him. He has had a bad attitute, in Kansas City. He will continue to have a bad attitude, here. Now, without the dominant O-line that he has made a name for himself, off of, his statistics have nowhere to go, but down.

I have little doubt, that he would play harder, for another team. I also believe that he would have better numbers, with another team. While you believe that I would regret getting rid of him, I believe that you will regret keeping him and over-paying him. He has had a bad attitute, in Kansas City. He will continue to have a bad attitude, here. Now, without the dominant O-line that he has made a name for himself, off of, his statistics have nowhere to go, but down.

Agreed; he has made no secret of the fact that KC is too small a town for him and does not provide the kind of night life he wants.

I'll tell ya one thing I would regret....trading him for an average at best running back from Dallas and two draft picks! I they want to trade him, fine but they and those who say he's not worth more than 10 or 11 million will regret it. And please quit wanting to trade him for nothin!!! This dude is gonna get PAID!!!! So why would you accept Jones and a couple of draft picks for a player that will get a TON of cash? If he's gonna get that money, why wouldn't you demand more in trade for him?

BTW, I don't want to hear you cheering for him this season when he scores a bundle of TD's or goes for several 200 yd games again. ***** if he played hard like you wanted him too, he could probably get 300 yds!!!!????? LOL!:character00265:

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

16-18 mil and no more. need money for allen`s contract also. the glasses er hunts wont spend big amounts for both. trade LJ and see what the other backs do. i`m not expecting ahole lot from our "o" anyway so i wont be let down.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    16-18 mil and no more. need money for allen`s contract also. the glasses er hunts wont spend big amounts for both. trade LJ and see what the other backs do. i`m not expecting ahole lot from our "o" anyway so i wont be let down.
    I'm ok with a 16-18 million offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'll tell ya one thing I would regret....trading him for an average at best running back from Dallas and two draft picks! I they want to trade him, fine but they and those who say he's not worth more than 10 or 11 million will regret it. And please quit wanting to trade him for nothin!!! This dude is gonna get PAID!!!! So why would you accept Jones and a couple of draft picks for a player that will get a TON of cash? If he's gonna get that money, why wouldn't you demand more in trade for him?

BTW, I don't want to hear you cheering for him this season when he scores a bundle of TD's or goes for several 200 yd games again. ***** if he played hard like you wanted him too, he could probably get 300 yds!!!!????? LOL!:character00265:
    I agree with this; if we trade him we better get value for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post

Don't tell me not to root for my Chiefs, O.K.? If you want to ramble on and think that L.J. is the world, then be my guest. But don't worry about my support for the team.

Just because I would rather see his half-hearted efforts leave town, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want success, from him, if he stays.

I am a Chiefs fan. Period. I want what is best for the Chiefs. In my opinion, Larry isn't it.

If he stays, I will cheer for him. Get over it.

Don't tell me not to root for my Chiefs, O.K.? If you want to ramble on and think that L.J. is the world, then be my guest. But don't worry about my support for the team.

Just because I would rather see his half-hearted efforts leave town, doesn't mean that I wouldn't want success, from him, if he stays.

I am a Chiefs fan. Period. I want what is best for the Chiefs. In my opinion, Larry isn't it.

Woot!!

I don't think Sweets was serious about not wanting "to hear you cheering for him this season", but I've been wrong before. Anyway, it would be more like reading you cheering for him. LOL!

Have you been drinkin????? You see that big LOL after the post along with the smiley????? Pull yourself together! Suck down some corn starch, your skin is a little thin!!!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast