Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Pioli sticking with Herm for 1 year in order to get Cowher?

Default Is Pioli sticking with Herm for 1 year in order to get Cowher?

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Cowher to Kansas City in 2010? «

File this one under a Chiefs area to watch next season.

CBS analyst Boomer Esiason said on his WFAN-NY radio show this week that he would not be surprised if Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli hired Bill Cowher to coach Kansas City in 2010.

This is intriguing on any number of levels.

For starters, Esiason works with Cowher and is familiar with his thinking.

Then there is the matter of Esiason also saying that Cowher and Pioli are close friends.

Also, Cowher served as the Chiefs defensive coordinator from 1989-’91, so he is familiar with the city.

And Pioli appears to have been stymied so far in his search for Kansas City’s next head coach. Sources around the league insist that Pioli had interest in bringing along Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as his head coach, but Denver hired him.

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz also is thought to appeal to Pioli, but the indications are that he is not willing to leave school.

And when Pioli stepped to the podium for his introductory press conference Wednesday, he said he would sit down and speak with Chiefs coach Herman Edwards, whom Pioli knows, likes and respects.

Edwards could be the holdover, the bridge to the next head coach, partly because other coaches were not available, partly because Pioli likes him and partly because Edwards already has one year left on his contract that is scheduled to expire after next season.

But the coaching watch of 2010 already has almost as much intrigue as the ongoing coaching watch of 2009.

09 will be a rebuilding year.

We need an O' Line

We need an experienced (spoken Franchise) QB

Then we need the "Marvelous Mandible" to take us to the promise land
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

"Marvelous Mandible"..... ha ha ha ha have not heard that one yet! good one. would be nice to have our ex- D.C. back on board.

Actually, Chris "the Swami" Berman called him that
    Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

Piolli well do what he thinks best. He is in charge. That said will he keep Herm?? maybe maybe not. Will he hire Chucky?? unkown. Will he hire Josh Donder?? Guaranteed no. Why don't we just wait and see and dispense with all the chaff.

It is only my opinion - Gruden is not the answer. Reading some things about what the Bucs as a team are saying about him. Does not bode well for a young team. just my opinion

ummmmm I have sad it now for a while herm is staying for one more year..I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    Piolli well do what he thinks best. He is in charge. That said will he keep Herm?? maybe maybe not. Will he hire Chucky?? unkown. Will he hire Josh Donder?? Guaranteed no. Why don't we just wait and see and dispense with all the chaff.
    Because its more fun to cuss and discuss and speculate and analize and decifer each others opinions!
    Otherwise, why have this forun???
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    ummmmm I have sad it now for a while herm is staying for one more year..I hope so
    I'm not sure why you would want a coach that has lost 23 of his last 25 games...
    Unless you believe losing is a virtue...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm not sure why you would want a coach that has lost 23 of his last 25 games...
    Unless you believe losing is a virtue...
    I am not interested in picking up someones coordinator to try as a head coach. next year there wil be a thick pool of quality head coaches out there. That is my only reason for keeping herm oh and he is a great evaluator of talent and can be usefull in the draft.

I'm just tired of people saying wait another year. Who says we can't win the div. next year? Why waste an entire season? The cardinals were 9 and 7 in a bad division, and now their in the superbowl.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast