Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Tony G. will...

Default Do you think Tony G. will...

Win the super bowl with us before he is done or will he opt out and go with another team and try his luck?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    If he does not get his ring playing for the Chiefs, then when he retires, lets make him a coach for the chiefs.
    I'd like to see Tony as a coach for the Chiefs. But realistically, how many successful players in the league become coaches these days. Very few, most of them go into broadcasting where the money's better and less stress.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Tony needs to stay. In retrospect, it was the best thing that Peterson did not do - trading T.G. Of course if the price was right, minimum 2nd round- he's worth every bit of that even with just 2-3 years left in him. 10 time Pro Bowler, all the records...pay it(2nd round) or not. I'd rather see him stay though.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    I'd like to see Tony as a coach for the Chiefs. But realistically, how many successful players in the league become coaches these days. Very few, most of them go into broadcasting where the money's better and less stress.
    I've been thinking the same thing. Tony loves the chiefs and the uniform he wears. He is a man of integrity, honesty, loyalty, and he has fantastic work ethics. I think he would make a great coach.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Tony needs to stay. In retrospect, it was the best thing that Peterson did not do - trading T.G. Of course if the price was right, minimum 2nd round- he's worth every bit of that even with just 2-3 years left in him. 10 time Pro Bowler, all the records...pay it(2nd round) or not. I'd rather see him stay though.
    Yep, even if his days are limited, he is the kind of guy we need around for the younger guys, I think the kind of leadership and example he provides/hopefully continues to provide for the next few years is far more valuable than a couple of draft picks.

TG will retire as a Chief. I think his frustrations are getting to him. But he'll be good to go for a couple more seasons once he sees tangible leadership from Pioli. As far as him seeing a SB ring in 2010? I don't think so. I'd sure love for that to happen, but this team is at least 3 seasons away from serious play-off contention.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

I agree with you Greg. Chiefs have nowhere to go but up and up is where they're headed. I think we win afc west outright this year!
    SHUT IT

Like Coach said earlier...you probably would not have bet on Arizona, Baltimore or Philly having a shot at this years SB. All you have to do is get your team into the play offs (win the weak AFC West) and then get hot and win three games. I think 2010 is a possibility.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Yep, even if his days are limited, he is the kind of guy we need around for the younger guys, I think the kind of leadership and example he provides/hopefully continues to provide for the next few years is far more valuable than a couple of draft picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    TG will retire as a Chief. I think his frustrations are getting to him. But he'll be good to go for a couple more seasons once he sees tangible leadership from Pioli. As far as him seeing a SB ring in 2010? I don't think so. I'd sure love for that to happen, but this team is at least 3 seasons away from serious play-off contention.
    TG is a man that shouldn't have to sacrifice the possibilty of a SB just to provide "leadership" and an "example" to a bunch of babies that don't know how to play after the halftime. I love the chiefs but everyone who knows about the the chiefs' record know that Tony IS the chiefs. Of course there are a few others that showed promise but that's nothing when the when they don't know how to play four quarters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Like Coach said earlier...you probably would not have bet on Arizona, Baltimore or Philly having a shot at this years SB. All you have to do is get your team into the play offs (win the weak AFC West) and then get hot and win three games. I think 2010 is a possibility.
    I really want them to go SB.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Do you guys realize that yes this year we lost 14 games but only 2 were blow outs, every other game was winnable. We very easily could have been 14 and 2. We are not far off. everyone i know that arent chiefs fans even say they are close. I would be very upset if tony left but i would understand that he wants a ring. There is no guarantee that he will get a ring with any team.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    TG is a man that shouldn't have to sacrifice the possibilty of a SB just to provide "leadership" and an "example" to a bunch of babies that don't know how to play after the halftime. I love the chiefs but everyone who knows about the the chiefs' record know that Tony IS the chiefs. Of course there are a few others that showed promise but that's nothing when the when they don't know how to play four quarters.

I really want them to go SB.
    While I somewhat agree with you, his contract says that isn't up to him, it's up to the guys in the front office. If he lives out his contract I honestly believe he has as good a shot as any to win a superbowl.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast