Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Tony G. will...

Default Do you think Tony G. will...

Win the super bowl with us before he is done or will he opt out and go with another team and try his luck?

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Do you honestly think we are goig to win a super bowl in the next 2-3 years?

I would chalk us up as OUT for next year and the year after that, third year out MAYBE.

And judging from what TG has already said, I think he will opt out, UNLESS Pioli convinces him to stay~
    really? the 2008 Chiefs were a much better team than the 2007 Dolphins, and look where they went in one year. We could be contenders in 2 or 3 years from now.. no reason we couldn't if Pioli delivers as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by vqman View Post
    really? the 2008 Chiefs were a much better team than the 2007 Dolphins, and look where they went in one year. We could be contenders in 2 or 3 years from now.. no reason we couldn't if Pioli delivers as advertised.
    Dick Vermiell was supposed to "deliver" as a HC(everyone believed that he would take us to SB). He was this fantastic coach who made superbowl teams but all we ended up with is alot of guys with over-extended egos that didn't play for the team.The first year with Vermeill both fans and players alike took it for granted that the chiefs were going to the SB.Even Tony believed it, remember that show that he hosted?
    I hope Pioli "delivers" soon. He is human and only that. Don't tie on his cape yet.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

what the dolphins did was unprecedented, and while I would love to see that happen, the reality is the chance is poor.

I hope Tony stays with the Red and Gold...

Heck, he might wind up with the Lions!!! LOL
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

There is no reason we cant make the playoffs in the two years.... especially with our division. The donkeys will be adapting to a new coach... LT may be out of SD this offseason not to mention they canned their assistant staff. Plus philip rivers is the anti-christ.... so that has to hurt your team sometime soon. And must I even mention the raiders. The AFC west just aint what she used to be. Now I am not saying superbowl.... but I believe playoffs are a very real possibility in the next year or two.
    To visualize my point... the back banana it the chiefs and the front banana is the AFC west....

:bananen_smilies011:

And for the PG crowd this is the chiefs scooting past the competition....

:scooter:

It would be foolish to let Tony G go. If he really, truly wants out we need to persuade him that much more to stay. What can we really get for him? Draft pick(s), some depth, a decent lineman, tackle. How lucky would we need to be to get a pro-bowler let alone a Hall of Famer?

With all the holes we have on this team it would be just plain dumb to let go of our all pro/pro bowl/hall of fame TE who is under contract just because he wants to. Call it what you will, but we need Tony in a big way. Like I said earlier, if you really want to show Tony what he has meant to this franchise, get him his ring with KC in 2010.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    With all the holes we have on this team it would be just plain dumb to let go of our all pro/pro bowl/hall of fame TE who is under contract just because he wants to. Call it what you will, but we need Tony in a big way. Like I said earlier, if you really want to show Tony what he has meant to this franchise, get him his ring with KC in 2010.
    I agree with you Canada. But the thing is convincing Tony to stay. I think it's a real possibilty that if he doesn't see a substantial amount of hope for next year, he could retire. That's why I think this off season is so important in the decisions the Chiefs make for the future.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If he does not get his ring playing for the Chiefs, then when he retires, lets make him a coach for the chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    If he does not get his ring playing for the Chiefs, then when he retires, lets make him a coach for the chiefs.
    I would love to see Tony coach/mentor Cottam into the next HOF tight end here in KC when he does hang up his cleats.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast