Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft a QB or kiss Cowher goodbye!

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default Draft a QB or kiss Cowher goodbye!

Bill Cowher may very well be the next Chiefs coach. However, according to Jerome Bettis Cowher is looking for a job that has a franchise QB. The fans love Thigpen but coaches hate him because he can't play in an NFL style offense. If we keep horrible Herm Edwards and fire him at the end of next season we need a QB to land Cowher. It's either draft one, make a play for Cassel since he is the only young QB out there who will need a job (which I think KC will do since Cassel will want to start and Pioli will be able to get him here, I don't think they will get him though), or lose Cowher.

Bill Cowher and Scott Pioli in KC in 2010? | Larry Brown Sports

I thought Cowher has already decided to stay with the half-time show. I honestly think its dreaming to contemplate getting him.

But hey, I would love it if we got Cassel. But he is a good backup to Brady - the patriots won't let go of him.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Everyone is big about Matt Cassel right now and I dont know why. Yes he played well during the season for the patriots, but that was only one season. Who knows what he will bring next season. Some qbs can have one or two good seasons and than easily flop. I dont think there is a need to bring in a guy like matt cassel...he isnt much better than Thigpen anyway. If they bring in a QB it should be a guy that is proven and consistant to help out Thigpen as well as if the chiefs draft a rookie QB.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    Bill Cowher may very well be the next Chiefs coach. However, according to Jerome Bettis Cowher is looking for a job that has a franchise QB. The fans love Thigpen but coaches hate him because he can't play in an NFL style offense. If we keep horrible Herm Edwards and fire him at the end of next season we need a QB to land Cowher. It's either draft one, make a play for Cassel since he is the only young QB out there who will need a job (which I think KC will do since Cassel will want to start and Pioli will be able to get him here, I don't think they will get him though), or lose Cowher.

Yeah, I heard that and even posted a post about that before. That is a concern and if that is what it takes to get Cowher, then I say we forget him. Seriously, If Cowher was the head coach here, he would see that we have more important problems than a franchise quarterback.

In reality, not long after that statement was made, I also read where other "in the know people" were saying he was just saying that to be able to turn down the Jets and Browns advances.

Furthermore, drafting the number one best quarterback in the draft does not mean you have a franchise guy. Seriously as much as I would love to have Cowher here, if it means throwing away a pick on a QB in this draft to get him, then I say goodbye Cowher, there are other good coaches out there.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Quote Originally Posted by leoness8 View Post
    Everyone is big about Matt Cassel right now and I dont know why. Yes he played well during the season for the patriots, but that was only one season. Who knows what he will bring next season. Some qbs can have one or two good seasons and than easily flop. I dont think there is a need to bring in a guy like matt cassel...he isnt much better than Thigpen anyway. If they bring in a QB it should be a guy that is proven and consistant to help out Thigpen as well as if the chiefs draft a rookie QB.
    I completely agree. I'm not drinking the Cassel kool-aid either. I do think he could woo in a coach though since he does look promising. We'll see if he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post

I am so sick of hearing the statement that "Thigpen CAN'T play a NFL style offense.. Heck, no one could with the O-line we had this year.. Some of you fans ought to really get over this "quick fix" syndrome.
    You build the team from the inside out.. O-line, and front 7...

Then see what a QB can do..
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by leoness8 View Post
    Hey I like Thigpen but facts are facts:
    2008 season , Tyler Thigpen - 1 win , Matt Cassel 11 wins.

I'd take Cassel here in a heartbeat. He knows how to win a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, I heard that and even posted a post about that before. That is a concern and if that is what it takes to get Cowher, then I say we forget him. Seriously, If Cowher was the head coach here, he would see that we have more important problems than a franchise quarterback.

In reality, not long after that statement was made, I also read where other "in the know people" were saying he was just saying that to be able to turn down the Jets and Browns advances.

Furthermore, drafting the number one best quarterback in the draft does not mean you have a franchise guy. Seriously as much as I would love to have Cowher here, if it means throwing away a pick on a QB in this draft to get him, then I say goodbye Cowher, there are other good coaches out there.
    Excellent post. I also would like Cowher very badly. But as you have said, it can't be at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post

This isn't 1-on-1 basketball. There are a few more guys on the roster that help determine that win column.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post

Matt Cassel wouldn't have gotten 11 wins here last season.

yeah its pretty hard to say Cassel is legit better than Thig. You can't compare a guy with a top OL, WR's, DEF, and good RB's with a guy with ok OL, ok WR's, ok DEF, and no RB success.

Not to mention if the only reason that Cowher wouldn't come here in 2010 is because of lack of franchise qb, he can wait til then to draft his own franchise qb from the plethora next year. Then we get a full year for Thigpen, Cowher gets his pick from the patch, etc.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast