Thread: New Look for the KC coaching staff in 2009

Default New Look for the KC coaching staff in 2009

With Gun being interviewed by Schwartz in Detroit, Pfeifer gone, our DB coach gone, it seems like whether or not Herm stays there is going to be a total overhaul of the coaching staff. Im disappointed in the DB coach leaving, but the others werent fitting with what we currently have here in KC.

I wonder if all the assistants moving to greener pastures is going to affect Pioli decision on Herm, and if so in which direction.

All of these moves are lateral moves too. Not one of the coaches are being promoted...correct me if I am wrong. This leads me to believe Herm will be out of here.

Yes, I think Pioli has a plan already.... I just hope it's a good one

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Me too, the coaching pool is getting thin. Please not Gruden. Ill take Shannahan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieffaninfl View Post
    Me too, the coaching pool is getting thin. Please not Gruden. Ill take Shannahan though.
    I would take Herm all day long over Gruden. I can't stand that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Phase one of the master plan is complete... 1)Upgrade status in NFL(better job). Check.

If I'm Pioli and I'm looking for a head coach, you look no farther than a winner. I've been saying in the past that the first time GM Pioli will want a first time head coach, but the more I think about it, you need to bring someone in who will build this team. You can draft all the right players, buy some great free agents, but if the coaching can't pull it all together, then they won't go anywhere.

I see a proven veteran coach now. Shanahan, Schottenheimer, Cowher, or Billick. I think all of them said they are waiting another year until they want to return to coaching, but you have to make a move now. Chiefs cannot wait another season before grabbing a good coach.