Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Spag goes to Rams, Pioli twiddles his thumbs.

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default Spag goes to Rams, Pioli twiddles his thumbs.

Well, lazy Pioli didn't fire Herm and now Spag has signed with the Rams. The best coaching prospects have all been hired while KC's lazy front office twiddles there thumbs and have meetings on rather or not to fire the biggest loser in KC history. Thank you Clark, for being a great owner and hiring a guy who gets things done before it's to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Exactly. At this point, I'm going to assume the Chiefs keep Herm. Look at the bright side, Herm is supposedly a great evaluator of draft talent. If we combine him and Pioli, we should have another extremely strong draft class given our high draft position.

Besides, I'd rather wait one year and get someone like Bill Cowher versus hiring a relative no-name just for the sake of changing coaches.
    At this point? He has barely been in office for a week. I think he has picked his man (someone in the playoffs) and we will hear come the next few days. We knew he wasnt going to announce anything over the playoff weekend...give it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    At this point? He has barely been in office for a week. I think he has picked his man (someone in the playoffs) and we will hear come the next few days. We knew he wasnt going to announce anything over the playoff weekend...give it some time.
    Hope is fading quick. The haters are getting desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Well, two more down. Time reveals all, well maybe not all but you know. Philly's gone, wonder what'll result of that McNabb situation. I noticed a new D. Lebeau thread, how about J.Johnson? Both unlikely, but interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Well, two more down. Time reveals all, well maybe not all but you know. Philly's gone, wonder what'll result of that McNabb situation. I noticed a new D. Lebeau thread, how about J.Johnson? Both unlikely, but interesting...
    McNabb wants out of Philly in a bad way. It will be interesting to see where he lands. Sign Cowher, and McNabb and then draft a QBOTF to be groomed? Who knows?

It has been a week...why get desperate? Look there are some good potential candidates out there still. Now that the conference championships are up...we can interview these guys....even tho some of the teams lost. These are just my opinions remember.

Rex Ryan-DC-Ravens...I know Jets are supposedly going to snag him, then again Pioli was suppose to end up in Cleveland.

Russ Grimm-OLC-Cards...an architectural master when it comes to O-lines.

Hue Jackson-QB Coach-Ravens...Responsible for moling Flacco and others.

Todd Haley-OC-Cards...he is my new number one pick...the mind behind that cards Offense who have been pulling upsets the past few weeks.

...and NOW we are allowed to speak with them. Spag, Ferentz, and Schwartz got all the media attention. But there are other good guys out there.

I also think we will have a hard time bringing in a DC, ST coach and DB coach under Herm when his status is up in the air. If we keep him...again...it's one year. Who will want to come in knowing that the house could be cleaned in a year? I also think these coaches making lateral moves to other teams is a good indicator that something is going on we dont know. They are not gettin positional promotions...its more or less job security...again, there is so much uncertainty with Herm and next year. I just think it will be hard to bring in new staff in this situation.

I guess this is why I am trying to remain so optimistic...in reality, it has only been a week for Pioli in office. I just think Pioli's man was in the playoffs and he has been waiting till the AFC and NFC championships are over so he can contact them...

...blah I am rambling...

Everyone just be Patient or I will have to start to call you D.A.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    McNabb wants out of Philly in a bad way. It will be interesting to see where he lands. Sign Cowher, and McNabb and then draft a QBOTF to be groomed? Who knows?
    Last year I couldn't wait for NY to get knocked out because I heard rumors regarding Eli Manning coming this way. I know alot of people think he's over-rated... he has a ring. I can't believe people want to run McNabb out of Philly... what did they do before he got there? ...pssst he's a leader.

....scratch Rex Ryan...he is supposedly accepting the Jets job and it will be announced tomorrow.

...there are still good coaching candidates out there!

The 2010 head coaching class is too stacked to pass on. I doubt Pioli fires Herm knowing his options will drastically improve in one year's time coupled with the fact that his owner would rather keep him. Those reasons alone should insure Herm another year. Add the fact that he's solely responsible for a culture change at Arrowhead that busted them out of the vicious cycle of signing overpriced, average (at best) free agents to help win 8 games a season. While another coach may have won more than 2 games last season, no matter who they were, they wouldn't have won more than 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The 2010 head coaching class is too stacked to pass on. I doubt Pioli fires Herm knowing his options will drastically improve in one year's time coupled with the fact that his owner would rather keep him. Those reasons alone should insure Herm another year. Add the fact that he's solely responsible for a culture change at Arrowhead that busted them out of the vicious cycle of signing overpriced, average (at best) free agents to help win 8 games a season. While another coach may have won more than 2 games last season, no matter who they were, they wouldn't have won more than 5 games.
    I understand and agree with the 2010 coaching logic....BUT, if this is the case; how do you bring in a new defensive coordinator, special teams coach, and defensive backs coach (who knows who else will leave) when they know that Herm will probably be gone in a year? I just think by keeping Herm you are going to make it harder to fill the other coaching vacancies with top coordinator prospects. Does this makes sense? "Hey, come work under Herm...he will only be here for a year." just doesnt sound right? ...I dont know if I would want to jeapordize my career by working under Herm knowing he has bombed two straight seasons. None of our coordinators who have left for other teams have gotten a promotion.

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs could consider Cardinals’ Haley «

My new #1 prospect...even tho Cards made it to the SB, the Chiefs are allowed to talk to him...they just can't hire him until after the SB.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast