Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Spag goes to Rams, Pioli twiddles his thumbs.

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default Spag goes to Rams, Pioli twiddles his thumbs.

Well, lazy Pioli didn't fire Herm and now Spag has signed with the Rams. The best coaching prospects have all been hired while KC's lazy front office twiddles there thumbs and have meetings on rather or not to fire the biggest loser in KC history. Thank you Clark, for being a great owner and hiring a guy who gets things done before it's to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    dont you think that they will frnchise Cassel only to be able to retain him to get something for him? If they don't franchise him he can go any wheres and they get nothing for him. It would only be smart to franchise him, then play the market and get something for him.
    I agree that this is a possibility and it makes both good business sense as well as football sense. I think the Pats'll be overcome with the football logic, Brady's down and possibly out for '09, the rationale is a second year with the system could be a world better than last year. Watch to see who they sign, draft or trade for however I would guess they'll hold onto their assets, and yes Cassel is an asset to their franchise. You might make a point that Brady/Cassel are the poor man's version of Montana/Young, within their franchise.

They might keep Cassel if Brady cannot go this next season, but if he can, I think Cassell will be traded if not this year for sure next. They can't aford to keep both.

McNabb? Yeah, that's just what we need...another immobile QB in the waning days of his career. No thanks! I'd much rather stick with Thigpen than bring in a washed up QB.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    McNabb? Yeah, that's just what we need...another immobile QB in the waning days of his career. No thanks! I'd much rather stick with Thigpen than bring in a washed up QB.
    I don't get where the idea of McNabb being immobile comes from? And what's wrong with a little wisdom and knowledge? He's ancient at 32... come on, it can't hurt to think about the idea. And the washed up idea is exactly what I hope Philly fans get brain-washed into believing. I'm tired of that noise about how venomous they are... good be venomous at 3-13 again you ungrateful whiny %#$#%#$.

Holding on to Cassel until they know how healthy Brady is a great idea, and sounds just like something Belichick would do. I dont think they will know for sure whether he will make the season opener until July at the earliest. Unless Brady powers through the rehab (which is pretty near impossible when you are talking ACL rehab).

At that time of year, I think it will be real hard to trade him to another team unless someone is desperate (due to some other injury). Offseason training would be over and the pre-season will have started or be about to start. Any team he is sent to will need him to learn a new playbook on the fly. Sounds like a recipe for failure to me.

Jap1 you make some valid points. I still don't think Mcnabb is even an option. i would rather have thigpen who knows the system and has shown gtreat promise.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I don't get where the idea of McNabb being immobile comes from? And what's wrong with a little wisdom and knowledge? He's ancient at 32... come on, it can't hurt to think about the idea. And the washed up idea is exactly what I hope Philly fans get brain-washed into believing. I'm tired of that noise about how venomous they are... good be venomous at 3-13 again you ungrateful whiny %#$#%#$.
    Yeah, ancient at 32. How many years do you really think he has left? I could see bringing in a guy like that if it were the only piece missing from the puzzle and he gets you to playoffs. But, he does not provide any real tangibles and would cost the team too much money and probably a draft pick. The bottom line is not even McNabb would win us any more of a significant amount of games. He has good stats, but also plays with some talent(something we're sorely lacking).

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678