Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK, Check this one out!!

Default OK, Check this one out!!

The Chiefs had a horrible record last year but they were privileged enough to own the third overall selection in the upcoming NFL draft.
    I will be putting on the general manager hat for the next half an hour and will point out who I would like the Chiefs to select in the first four rounds of the draft. I'm sorry if you do not agree with who I select, but it's only an article so get over it.
    So sit back relax and enjoy.

Round 1
    Scott Pioli would love to trade down and accumulate picks at this spot, but I don't think he will be able to. Nobody at this point wants to trade up to pay millions of dollars when they can stay where they are and get a solid athlete. So with all of that being said, the Chiefs will select Mark Sanchez, quarterback from USC.
    Yes, I know you guys think Tyler Thigpen is the next Tom Brady but I just don't see it. Mark Sanchez looks to be a solid fit for the Chiefs here, and I expect him to shine brightly. The knock on Sanchez has been "lack of experience", but going 28-of-35 for 413 yards and four touchdowns versus Penn State in the Rose Bowl pretty much shut down those concerns.

fansnap_syndslot_get_headliner();fansnap_syndslot_ get_category();var fansnap_syndslot_instance = new fansnap_syndslot();var fansnap_script_include = new Element('script');fansnap_script_include.src = fansnap_syndslot_instance.server + '/synd/js/search?' + fansnap_syndslot_instance.params();$('fansnap-instance').insert(fansnap_script_include);Round 2
    Alright, Pioli has addressed the quarterback issue, now he needs to move to the defensive side of the ball. The Chiefs need major help at the linebacker spot, so I think with the 34th overall pick, the Kansas City will select outside linebacker Brian Cushing, also from USC.
    No, I'm not a USC fan. Cushing is a great pick for the Chiefs and he would be a solid outside linebacker when the Chiefs switch to the 3-4 defense. Cushing is a great coverage linebacker and I can't wait to see him in a Chiefs uniform.
    Round 3
    The Chiefs have had a good draft so far, but there are still many positions that could be addressed with the 67th pick in the '09 draft. And the third round selection for Kansas City, the Chiefs select Jonathon Luigs, center from Arkansas.
    Luigs provides good size for the center of the Chiefs' line, weighing 314 pounds. He could eventually be the starting center this year. His competition will be Rudy Niswanger, so right now nobody knows.
    Round 4
    This pick is a little tougher, but after looking at the prospects, I believe the Chiefs will select Jaison Williams, the wide receiver from Oregon. Williams is a HUGE receiver. He is 6'5" and weighs 240 pounds.
    He had some injuries in the '08 season and that is why I think he will fall to the fourth round. Williams could be the number three receiver come week one.

So it tells me they do not take a QB in the first round UNLESS they need one and believe the guy will be a Pro-Bowler. So I guess it comes down to whether or not Pioli thinks Stafford or Sanchez is the next Tom Brady. If so I think he will take one of them.

MAN I hope the Chiefs wait till next year to get our QB

dont forget that Pioli already mentioned in his press conferese that he has already went through draft meeting with NE so he has a pretty good idea on who is who comming out and have good info on who the pats are looking at as well.

it's absolutely ridiculuous to draft a 1st round, franchise qb for a team with a coach who won't be there after the fact.

If the Chiefs draft a QB with the first round pick, they'll need to use at least three other picks to complete the O-line. The Chiefs cannot expect to grab the franchise QB and then let him get pummeled through an entire season.

The Chiefs will go defense with the their 1st rd pick IMO. They were leading in a lot of the games they played last year. They were leading LATE in a lot of the games last year. They just couldn't stop anybody.

How many times did the Chiefs need a stop late in the game but let the other team march right down the field for the win?

Let me phrase it another way.
    Do the Chiefs win more games last year with:
    A. franchise QB,
    B. Star LT
    C: Defensive End/LB who could put pressure/sack the qb.

Scoring was much less than of an issue than our defense and specifically the pass rush. If this team had a pass rush, they probably win at least half of those games that we were leading in the 4th quarter. This team has to go LB or DE with their 1st pick. I just don't see anyway around it other than spending some big bucks in free agency. Hopefully they can trade down.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-19-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The Chiefs will go defense with the their 1st rd pick IMO. They were leading in a lot of the games they played last year. They were leading LATE in a lot of the games last year. They just couldn't stop anybody.

How many times did the Chiefs need a stop late in the game but let the other team march right down the field for the win?

A. franchise QB,
    B. Star LT

Scoring was much less than of an issue than our defense and specifically the pass rush. If this team had a pass rush, they probably win at least half of those games that we were leading in the 4th quarter. This team has to go LB or DE with their 1st pick. I just don't see anyway around it other than spending some big bucks in free agency. Hopefully they can trade down.
    Great post! This "Coach" guy knows his stuff!!!!!!

A. franchise QB,
    B. Star LT

I think this man speaks wisely, ye should heed his wise words!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think this man speaks wisely, ye should heed his wise words!

I think FA and trading for more draft picks is the way to go at this point.

A. franchise QB,
    B. Star LT

I agree whole heartedly! To pick a QB in the 1st round would be a mistake IMO. Defense should be our main focus in this draft.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast