Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Prince to be a Chief's coach?

Default Ron Prince to be a Chief's coach?

I don't see how this could have any truth to it. Ron Prince would not be a popular pick as any kind of coach for the Chiefs. K-State put up some points at times this past season, but they had a weak run game and no defense. In fact, they got dominated at the line on both sides of the ball. OK, I guess maybe we would take him as a special teams coach, but nothing more.

Rivals.com College Football - Whispers: Will Bellotti coach? Look to Spring

I hope we don't take him as anything. He is a good talker, but that is all I can say for the guy. I wish him well, just with nothing to do with my teams.

I don't wish him well, he belittled the coaching staff here and destroyed a program that was handed to him in a basket. Juco transfers aren't the foundation for a winning program!

Quote Originally Posted by KCCAT21 View Post
    I hope we don't take him as anything. He is a good talker, but that is all I can say for the guy. I wish him well, just with nothing to do with my teams.
    Wait a minute. It sounds like you are describing Herm.

Isn't Prince black? Sounds like the token interview to me. There's no way Pioli could justify this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Isn't Prince black? Sounds like the token interview to me. There's no way Pioli could justify this signing.
    Na, he's pure honkey.

joke, right?

Let's face it, we don't have freaking clue who the next head coach is gonna be nor does anyone else. It's a guessing game for all. We all have guessed and they all have moved elseware, heck, Herm doesn't even know if he's staying or going. Myself I pray he's going because I can't think of one good reason to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    joke, right?
    nope, he's a white guy.

Edit*, wikipedia says differently, but he looks as white as any when you see him in person and in picture. Odd, not that any of it really matters.

He is a black coach. They made a big deal about his firing after such a short time. The media pointed out what a small number of black coaches there are in the NCAA and how he should have been given more time. Charles Barkley even spoke out about it.

In my opinion it is ridiculous for anybody to be hired or fired or even interviewed because of the color of their skin. If we are all truely equal then we wouldn't even be talking about this. When is the last time you heard somebody complain that red heads don't get a fair amount of coaching jobs compared to people with brown hair? The color of a person's skin should be as irrelevant as the color of their hair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast