Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: are they looking at todd haley ????????

Default are they looking at todd haley ????????

maybe herm is staying i hope not but if he does leave maybe they are looking at this guy

Chiefs should pick a Card for their coach
    0 Comment
    January 19 Kansas City Star
    columnist Jason Whitlock
    "Maybe the winter winds will twist Herm Edwards for two more weeks.
    Todd Haley, offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals, won't be completely free until after the Super Bowl.
    He and the Cardinals continued their unfathomable playoff run Sunday afternoon, slipping past the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the NFC championship game, putting the Cardinals in football's biggest game for the first time in history.
    Are you kidding me?
    Bill Bidwill's Cardinals are going to play on sports' grandest stage.
    No way. America will elect an inexperienced black president with a Muslim-sounding name before the Cardinals play in a Super Bowl.
    Oh, snap. Any and everyone associated with the Cardinals' rise is football royalty right now.
    Head coach Ken Whisenhunt is the next Bill Belichick. Receiver Larry Fitzgerald (nine receptions, 152 yards and three TDs) is the next Jerry Rice. Quarterback Kurt Warner (21 of 28, 279 yards and four TDs) is the next Johnny Unitas, a semi-pro hanger-on-turned-Hall of Famer.
    And maybe, if we're lucky, Todd Haley is the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Why not? Haley fits the profile. He's a Bill Parcells disciple with long-ago connections to Scott Pioli. Haley and Pioli were together in the 1990s with the Jets, Parcells and Belichick. When Parcells and Belichick split, Pioli went with Belichick to New England and Haley remained loyal to Parcells.
    "I consider Parcells my mentor," Haley told me in the Cardinals' celebratory locker room. "My dad works for the Dolphins now."
    Working for Parcells as a receivers coach, Haley was a part of monumental rebuilding projects with the Jets and the Cowboys. Raising Arizona as the offensive coordinator for the last two years completes Haley's understudy resume. He's ready to run his own shop.
    "If you can do it here, where it's never been done, that's what you want to be a part of," Haley said. "This is the turnaround of all turnarounds."
    Hmm. He might want to take a look at the Kansas City roster before making such bold statements. When he arrived in the desert, Fitzgerald, Warner, Anquan Boldin and Edgerrin James were already waiting, baking and looking for direction.
    Haley simply needed to let his play-calling imagination run wild. Oh, and he had to manage a few oversized egos."

you also have to take into account that he had Larry Fitgerald and Anquan Boldin to work with....so thats why they were so bad at rushing the ball...their offense just simply isnt built for rushing...they are a pass attack offense, but now with Whisenhunt in his second year, they have a solid ground game going to compliment their potent pass attack..

i like Haley as a head coach, lots of fire

I seem to remember a coach somewhere, and at some point in time. Getting in the face of many of his players, and it kept them in line in my opinion. And that coach is someone that almost everyone on this board would be frothing at the mouth to get. And his name is Bill Cowher. Sometimes that is the only way to get through to some of these egomaniacs that play in the NFL. They are only worried about making themselves look good , and padding there own stats rather than being team players. Haley was probably just telling Warner and Boldin to suck it up and do what's right for the team, and this I have no problem with. And sometimes, this is what needs done to get a team on the same page and play as a team. A prime example of this just happened this season in SF after new HC Mike Singletary "got in the face" of the best reciever on the team Vernon Davis for being basically a me, me, me player and sent him to the shower in the middle of the game. And said unless he got his head right he would not be playing for him. The San Francisco 49ERS rallied behind there hot-headed coach and went 5 and 2 in their last 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    My guess is because they're in the Super Bowl?
    Hats off and all the respect in the world to the Cardinals and all those in Arizona. Really, really happy for them, long overdue... but they aren't supposed to be their. Honestly, I'd probably consider Haley more-so if they didn't seem to have some miracle guidance in reaching the big dance.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Hats off and all the respect in the world to the Cardinals and all those in Arizona. Really, really happy for them, long overdue... but they aren't supposed to be their. Honestly, I'd probably consider Haley more-so if they didn't seem to have some miracle guidance in reaching the big dance.

No offense but I feel it's just the opposite. They beat a very good Atlanta team without a miricle finish. Then they pounced on Carolina...I don't think anyone would say that the Panthers ever had a shot in that game after the first whistle blew. Then they had a huge lead on Philly, blew it & showed me that they were able to face adversity & come back to finish the game. I'm very impressed with them. I say draft Crabtree & we start our own WR show ;)
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    I seem to remember a coach somewhere, and at some point in time. Getting in the face of many of his players, and it kept them in line in my opinion. And that coach is someone that almost everyone on this board would be frothing at the mouth to get. And his name is Bill Cowher. Sometimes that is the only way to get through to some of these egomaniacs that play in the NFL. They are only worried about making themselves look good , and padding there own stats rather than being team players. Haley was probably just telling Warner and Boldin to suck it up and do what's right for the team, and this I have no problem with. And sometimes, this is what needs done to get a team on the same page and play as a team. A prime example of this just happened this season in SF after new HC Mike Singletary "got in the face" of the best reciever on the team Vernon Davis for being basically a me, me, me player and sent him to the shower in the middle of the game. And said unless he got his head right he would not be playing for him. The San Francisco 49ERS rallied behind there hot-headed coach and went 5 and 2 in their last 7 games.
    A very good point. May be we need a coach that will fire up the players, just not gruden please!

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    No offense but I feel it's just the opposite. They beat a very good Atlanta team without a miricle finish. Then they pounced on Carolina...I don't think anyone would say that the Panthers ever had a shot in that game after the first whistle blew. Then they had a huge lead on Philly, blew it & showed me that they were able to face adversity & come back to finish the game. I'm very impressed with them. I say draft Crabtree & we start our own WR show ;)
    I agree, Arizona got where they are through hard work and perserverence. But nobody really expected them to be there and now Haley seems to have landed himself a HC job as a result. My question is does he deserve it, in particular, with the chiefs. *sidenote* Carolina was supposed to win, maybe they should fire Fox, I'd take him no questions asked.

they beat philly cause of one man "Cardinal Fitzgerald". going into the last drive the cards managed only 8 yds in the second half to phillys' 195 yds. neither of these teams should have been in the nfcc game, let alone the super bowl. don't fall in love w/this guy because of desperation to dump herm. we could put a cardboard cutout of Joe Paterno on the sidelines as headcoach and probably win more than 2 games so anyone would be an improvement but i don't thing haley is our coach of the future.

Well , does anyone think that the fans in Miami, or Atlanta, or Baltimore thought that their new coaches this year would make a difference. Or be their teams answer at head coach, after being nothing but coordinators. I think not! Head coaches were all coordinators at one point, nobody has ever been born a Head coach. And some team eventually has to give them a chance. You can't say he is not the answer until he is in that position, and shows whether he is capable or not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123