Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are they looking at todd haley ????????

Default are they looking at todd haley ????????

maybe herm is staying i hope not but if he does leave maybe they are looking at this guy

Chiefs should pick a Card for their coach
    0 Comment
    January 19 Kansas City Star
    columnist Jason Whitlock
    "Maybe the winter winds will twist Herm Edwards for two more weeks.
    Todd Haley, offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals, won't be completely free until after the Super Bowl.
    He and the Cardinals continued their unfathomable playoff run Sunday afternoon, slipping past the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the NFC championship game, putting the Cardinals in football's biggest game for the first time in history.
    Are you kidding me?
    Bill Bidwill's Cardinals are going to play on sports' grandest stage.
    No way. America will elect an inexperienced black president with a Muslim-sounding name before the Cardinals play in a Super Bowl.
    Oh, snap. Any and everyone associated with the Cardinals' rise is football royalty right now.
    Head coach Ken Whisenhunt is the next Bill Belichick. Receiver Larry Fitzgerald (nine receptions, 152 yards and three TDs) is the next Jerry Rice. Quarterback Kurt Warner (21 of 28, 279 yards and four TDs) is the next Johnny Unitas, a semi-pro hanger-on-turned-Hall of Famer.
    And maybe, if we're lucky, Todd Haley is the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Why not? Haley fits the profile. He's a Bill Parcells disciple with long-ago connections to Scott Pioli. Haley and Pioli were together in the 1990s with the Jets, Parcells and Belichick. When Parcells and Belichick split, Pioli went with Belichick to New England and Haley remained loyal to Parcells.
    "I consider Parcells my mentor," Haley told me in the Cardinals' celebratory locker room. "My dad works for the Dolphins now."
    Working for Parcells as a receivers coach, Haley was a part of monumental rebuilding projects with the Jets and the Cowboys. Raising Arizona as the offensive coordinator for the last two years completes Haley's understudy resume. He's ready to run his own shop.
    "If you can do it here, where it's never been done, that's what you want to be a part of," Haley said. "This is the turnaround of all turnarounds."
    Hmm. He might want to take a look at the Kansas City roster before making such bold statements. When he arrived in the desert, Fitzgerald, Warner, Anquan Boldin and Edgerrin James were already waiting, baking and looking for direction.
    Haley simply needed to let his play-calling imagination run wild. Oh, and he had to manage a few oversized egos."

He could do it and he is firey. That is what is needed. We NEED someone that can actually HELP develop our QB (whoever is may be) and our WR's!!

This doesn't matter because we aren't getting a new head coach.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    This doesn't matter because we aren't getting a new head coach.
    Somebody please stab me with a corkscrew, then thrice kick me in the head.
    SHUT IT

From the sounds of it, this guy communicates through arguments. He and Boldin got into an argument duing the game on Sunday , which was Bolding being a baby because he wasn't included in the package plays called by Haley, but Haley was quick to argue back.

When asked about it, everyone said this happens all the time. Even Kurt Warner got into a argumnt with him in the first half of the game.

I am not sure I want another hot headed Gunther Cunningham type of HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    From the sounds of it, this guy communicates through arguments. He and Boldin got into an argument duing the game on Sunday , which was Bolding being a baby because he wasn't included in the package plays called by Haley, but Haley was quick to argue back.

When asked about it, everyone said this happens all the time. Even Kurt Warner got into a argumnt with him in the first half of the game.

I am not sure I want another hot headed Gunther Cunningham type of HC.
    I saw lots of arguing during the game with hley and players.

This cant be allowed, you have to be the bigger man, if you argue with people even one time, it opens you up to more.

That doesnt mean he wont be a good head coach.. someday.. Please not this year with the Chiefs though.

These incidents last Sunday won't promote Haley to HC anytime soon. The head coach (and any coach for that matter) must demand respect from his players - or they simply won't play for you.
    We need a coach that can build a team, not to continually tear it down as Herm has...
    No to Haley.
    SHUT IT

Can someone explain to me why this guy is even being considered? He's responsible for THE WORST rushing attack in the league while he has James and Hightower in the backfield. His offensive attack relies heavily on Kurt Warner's ability to lead, recognize and execute to a WR corp that dons one of if not THE best WR in the league in Larry Fitzgerald and another WR who's probably thought of as being in the top 10 in the league in Anquan Boldin.

Why is making a commitment to this guy better than making a commitment to a better prospect next year? This will be an awful hire.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Can someone explain to me why this guy is even being considered? He's responsible for THE WORST rushing attack in the league while he has James and Hightower in the backfield. His offensive attack relies heavily on Kurt Warner's ability to lead, recognize and execute to a WR corp that dons one of if not THE best WR in the league in Larry Fitzgerald and another WR who's probably thought of as being in the top 10 in the league in Anquan Boldin.

Why is making a commitment to this guy better than making a commitment to a better prospect next year? This will be an awful hire.
    Have to agree. As much as I would like to see Herm outta here, Haley not the long-term solution to what we need...
    SHUT IT

Haley is the new hot head coach candidate. But I agree with others, you simply can not be arguing on the sidelines with your players. Where some might see fiery I see unprofessional and to a degree disrespect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast