Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Our WR's

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default Our WR's


    0 Not allowed!
    I have been a fan for at least 20 years...So tell me why we have not had a REAL standout reciever WITH a complimentary #2??

    I remember J.J. Birden, Willie Davis, Derrick Alexander and Joe Horn and FEW more. Although Horn was not THE go to guy and Alexander on the tail end of his career.

    What about Sylvester Morris? Nothing.

    Whoever takes the helm, or stays at the helm, needs to be sure that we get 2 more noteworthy recievers.

    Oh..A couple of more things..With TG and DB, that is a great start but we have to have some SPEED to compliment and keep the defense stretched.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We also need 4 offensive linemen and at least 8 new starters on defensive. Lets build our lines first. We need to work inside-out...
    I thought we addressed that issue this past year?? Maybe a couple of FA's for the D line and O line and at least ONE known, speedy reciever?

    Of course, a productive running back wuld help as well...And yes, I know how important the O Line is to the production. It does need attention but my main point was that to my knowledge, over the past 22 years...Where's the recieving core??

    We had Montana and a good O line and very good defense....No recievers....Shall I go on?

    We need to get one through FA or a couple of our guys need to STEP IT UP on '09.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Posts
    979
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We didnt address the issue last year. We lost an all pro DE, have no solid starting LBs, only one DT (in Dorsey, and we still need to see how that works out) and could do with replacing 4 of our offensive lineman.

    Like I said, WR's are a dime a dozen, and many good ones can be had in the low rounds, not to mention the glut of 2nd/slot Wr's every year in FA.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    We didnt address the issue last year. We lost an all pro DE, have no solid starting LBs, only one DT (in Dorsey, and we still need to see how that works out) and could do with replacing 4 of our offensive lineman.

    Like I said, WR's are a dime a dozen, and many good ones can be had in the low rounds, not to mention the glut of 2nd/slot Wr's every year in FA.
    We don't need to replace four of our OL unless Waters retires. Albert (as LT, RT, or RG) and Waters are definite starters next year.

    Of our OL and front seven, we do need to replace Niswanger, Jones, McIntosh, Hali, Tank, Turk/Boone, Thomas, and D. Edwards/D. Williams.

    I'd be sold on drafting a DE/DT if this draft weren't so poor at the position. Orakpo and Johnson are undersized, and we don't need any more undersized DL.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Someplace
    Posts
    1,261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I thought we addressed that issue this past year?? Maybe a couple of FA's for the D line and O line and at least ONE known, speedy reciever?

    Of course, a productive running back wuld help as well...And yes, I know how important the O Line is to the production. It does need attention but my main point was that to my knowledge, over the past 22 years...Where's the recieving core??

    We had Montana and a good O line and very good defense....No recievers....Shall I go on?

    We need to get one through FA or a couple of our guys need to STEP IT UP on '09.
    Maybe Cincy'll drop the ball and let Housh go.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,040
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 53

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I thought we addressed that issue this past year?? Maybe a couple of FA's for the D line and O line and at least ONE known, speedy reciever?

    Of course, a productive running back wuld help as well...And yes, I know how important the O Line is to the production. It does need attention but my main point was that to my knowledge, over the past 22 years...Where's the recieving core??

    We had Montana and a good O line and very good defense....No recievers....Shall I go on?

    We need to get one through FA or a couple of our guys need to STEP IT UP on '09.
    We addressed wr 2 years ago when we drafted Bowe with our 1st pick.
    We got to shore up our lines and lbs yesterday.
    I agree wr is an important position to aquire. But the Chiefs have earned the undesirable distinction of having to draft for need. CP and Herm have screwed up this team to the point that we can't afford to go after the so-called sexy pick (Crabtree) while we have so many other holes to fill...
    SHUT IT

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,040
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 53

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    We don't need to replace four of our OL unless Waters retires. Albert (as LT, RT, or RG) and Waters are definite starters next year.

    Of our OL and front seven, we do need to replace Niswanger, Jones, McIntosh, Hali, Tank, Turk/Boone, Thomas, and D. Edwards/D. Williams.

    I'd be sold on drafting a DE/DT if this draft weren't so poor at the position. Orakpo and Johnson are undersized, and we don't need any more undersized DL.
    But we will need a replacement for Waters eventually. Also what do you think of Penn St. DE Aaron Maybin? At
    6-4 255 he has pretty good size...
    SHUT IT

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    180
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Here's an idea: buncha you guys think ARI's dumb enough to shoot for LJ, they have a grouchy Anquan Boldin, let's do it up. The FA WR's are a pretty shallow pool this year so I'd say grab some guys outta draft: Harvin, Britt, Hay-Bey, Williams, maybe Bardin (he's effin 6-6).

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,040
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 53

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Ok the hell with OL, DL, and LB's. Lets draft wide recievers!!!
    SHUT IT

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    But we will need a replacement for Waters eventually. Also what do you think of Penn St. DE Aaron Maybin? At
    6-4 255 he has pretty good size...
    Doesn't Maybin weigh in closer to 245?

    Aaron Maybin Scouting Report - 2009 NFL Draft Prospect

    Tell the truth, I'm looking for a 270+ DE for our line. I like Maybin, Johnson, and Orakpo, but smaller DEs only seem to do well when someone larger is on the other side. We all grew pretty tired last year of watching lighter guys like Turk, Tank, Dorsey, and Hali get blown off the line by 300+ OL. I want a Mario Williams, Dwight Freeney, JA, Seymour, or Aaron Smith on the line. Especially if we plan on the (smaller) Dorsey to be a long term fixture of our DL.

    We do need a replacement for Waters, but hopefully we can wait until next year to fix that problem. We have so many holes on our team that that depth just cannot be our priority in FA or the draft. That's where we screwed up in 2008 - we drafted for depth (Charles, Cottam, Morgan, Franklin, Johnston, Robinson, Merritt, and Richardson) instead of need on the second day, and then were shocked when our OL, DL, and LBs fell apart. Even if some of those turn out to be good players(although I have large doubts), they're at best backups and role players.

    Every pick in this draft should be someone we hope to have as a starter on opening day. And given the number of vacancies we have, it isn't an unreasonable goal.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,040
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 53

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Doesn't Maybin weigh in closer to 245?

    Aaron Maybin Scouting Report - 2009 NFL Draft Prospect

    Tell the truth, I'm looking for a 270+ DE for our line. I like Maybin, Johnson, and Orakpo, but smaller DEs only seem to do well when someone larger is on the other side. We all grew pretty tired last year of watching lighter guys like Turk, Tank, Dorsey, and Hali get blown off the line by 300+ OL. I want a Mario Williams, Dwight Freeney, JA, Seymour, or Aaron Smith on the line. Especially if we plan on the (smaller) Dorsey to be a long term fixture of our DL.

    We do need a replacement for Waters, but hopefully we can wait until next year to fix that problem. We have so many holes on our team that that depth just cannot be our priority in FA or the draft. That's where we screwed up in 2008 - we drafted for depth (Charles, Cottam, Morgan, Franklin, Johnston, Robinson, Merritt, and Richardson) instead of need on the second day, and then were shocked when our OL, DL, and LBs fell apart. Even if some of those turn out to be good players(although I have large doubts), they're at best backups and role players.

    Every pick in this draft should be someone we hope to have as a starter on opening day. And given the number of vacancies we have, it isn't an unreasonable goal.
    Ok sounds good. Sounds like we better draft OL and FA on defense. I'm all about whats best to get to the qb and stuff the run...Thanks for the info...
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •