Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our WR's

Hybrid View

Default Our WR's

I have been a fan for at least 20 years...So tell me why we have not had a REAL standout reciever WITH a complimentary #2??

I remember J.J. Birden, Willie Davis, Derrick Alexander and Joe Horn and FEW more. Although Horn was not THE go to guy and Alexander on the tail end of his career.

What about Sylvester Morris? Nothing.

Whoever takes the helm, or stays at the helm, needs to be sure that we get 2 more noteworthy recievers.

Oh..A couple of more things..With TG and DB, that is a great start but we have to have some SPEED to compliment and keep the defense stretched.

Wrs are a dime a dozen. DB can improve his hands and be a solid #1. As for a #2, with TG you can put almost anyone over there and have a good 2nd.

WR's are the easiest to replace, and least value to the offense IMO. If you don't already have a Fitzgerald/Moss/Rice type on your team then I wouldnt worry too much about finding one of those guys, unless they just fall into your lap. Before Trent Greens concussion KC had the most passing yards over a several season span, with Eddie Kennison as our #1.. and who the hell was our #2? I cant even remember, but that shows you how little WR's mean to an offense when you have the most passing yards over a 4 or 5 season span, and cant even remember who your QB was throwing too~

HEY Hometeam...

We had an offensive line to speak of, a running game, and a vet QB in the system....which opens up the pass.

Still, no title, eh?

We have Bowe. That is cool. TG helps for sure. We need a speedster or someone very quick with good hands like a Wes Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    HEY Hometeam...

We had an offensive line to speak of, a running game, and a vet QB in the system....which opens up the pass.

Still, no title, eh?

We have Bowe. That is cool. TG helps for sure. We need a speedster or someone very quick with good hands like a Wes Welker.
    We also need 4 offensive linemen and at least 8 new starters on defensive. Lets build our lines first. We need to work inside-out...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We also need 4 offensive linemen and at least 8 new starters on defensive. Lets build our lines first. We need to work inside-out...
    Amen. Look at the Cards. Although Fitzgerald and Warner are very important reasons why the Cards are SB bound, the big difference between 2008 and earlier years was the Cards building up their OL and front seven through the draft and FA. Guys like Calais Campbell, Mike Gandy, Deuce Letui, Reggie Wells, Travis LaBoy, Bryan Robinson, and Levi Brown are a very large part of the reason why the Cards beat the Panthers and the Eagles. These young draft picks and good 2008 FAs on the lines are the difference between a SB and not making the playoffs.

Build the lines, and everything else falls into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I thought we addressed that issue this past year?? Maybe a couple of FA's for the D line and O line and at least ONE known, speedy reciever?

Of course, a productive running back wuld help as well...And yes, I know how important the O Line is to the production. It does need attention but my main point was that to my knowledge, over the past 22 years...Where's the recieving core??

We had Montana and a good O line and very good defense....No recievers....Shall I go on?

We need to get one through FA or a couple of our guys need to STEP IT UP on '09.

I thought we addressed that issue this past year?? Maybe a couple of FA's for the D line and O line and at least ONE known, speedy reciever?

Of course, a productive running back wuld help as well...And yes, I know how important the O Line is to the production. It does need attention but my main point was that to my knowledge, over the past 22 years...Where's the recieving core??

We had Montana and a good O line and very good defense....No recievers....Shall I go on?

We need to get one through FA or a couple of our guys need to STEP IT UP on '09.
    Maybe Cincy'll drop the ball and let Housh go.

We addressed wr 2 years ago when we drafted Bowe with our 1st pick.
    We got to shore up our lines and lbs yesterday.
    I agree wr is an important position to aquire. But the Chiefs have earned the undesirable distinction of having to draft for need. CP and Herm have screwed up this team to the point that we can't afford to go after the so-called sexy pick (Crabtree) while we have so many other holes to fill...
    SHUT IT

Ironically, this was the first year, maybe ever.. that I was happy with our WRs. I thought Bradley did a great job of stretching the field when he was healthy. And while not a WR, Tony jumped right back to being the best TE in the league this season after he was starting to be written off because of his age.

If there's anyone I was disappointed with, it was Bowe. Although his numbers were very good, watching every game this year I saw WAY too many drops on easy balls. He seems to suffer from the same problem Brandon Marshall does: catch all the tough ones, drop the easy ones. He's not an explosive breakaway guy, so he really needs to develop better hands so he can be more of a possession receiver. I'm hard on him because I see a ton of potential, but I will admit he's one of the best in the league at bodying up on DBs (Tony is THE best).

I, too, was happy with our WR's. Bowe is still successful with his butterhands, Bradley worked out well, Gonz is TG, and even Darling did some things for us. We don't really have a solid #1 WR, but a team doesn't need one. There's a number of other things we can do to support the cause.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast