Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding the Team, eh?

Default Rebuilding the Team, eh?

There is a fundamental difference in approach to this process. Build properply and maintenance regularly. Actually, the need to rebuild should not exist when managed and coached properly.

The prime example is the comaprison between the Chiefs and the Patriots organizations.

Over the past 8 years, when did the Patriots rebuild? Never, is the correct answer.

Simply put, they manage and coach their team personnel in a manner that allows a competitent replacement to be readily prepared upon attrition.

They never totally overhaul a team. Exclaimed key players leave...Okay...They already have someone that can step in and replace them OR they have the cash to sign a FA, like Randy Moss. They do a great job of late round drafting and developing.

Pioli will implement that mentality into the Cheifs organization which will vastly improve their fundamentals in "business management." Thus, netting long term, continued success.

A down year should be at worse...8-8.

Ye shall see....

The Patriots traded for Randy Moss, actually. (A fourth rounder I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The Patriots traded for Randy Moss, actually. (A fourth rounder I believe)
    Okay...Point still made! LOL!

Idk about 8-8, maybe lower than that but I will agree with you that Pioli will help our team establishment. Honestly its too bad Herm's such a bad field coach cuz with his rookie development and Pioli's organization development, the Chiefs could be a very successful team.

Well, Herm hasn't been fired yet, and maybe his ability to draft well and develop rookies is what Piloli will like about him. Hard to say, but maybe Pioli will look at is as needing some different support coaches around Herm. We don't really know, and won't until Pioli makes some moves.

But I'd like to see us *at least* double our sack output from this year, which was a major failing. A more attack-style defense would be exciting to watch, and disruptive to opponents. Our "lay down and die" style from this year didn't really work.

It will be fun to see, next year. I think this off season is also going to be pretty exciting for us as chiefs fans, both in free agency and the draft.

jb

did you ever wonder why we haven't had to rebuild before herm got here? as i mentioned in another post, the worst season we had in the pre-herm era was 6-10 in DV's first season, Martys' worst was 7-9, Gun was fired for having a 7-9 season after his 9-6. yet herm goes from 9-7 to 4-12 to 2-12 so the excuse is the CHIEFS are rebuilding. i guess when your mediocre it's bad coaching, when you're mired in the bottom of the league it's just rebuilding.

If Herm is still here in 48 hours I would rethink Piolis' ability to build a perennial powerhouse in KC.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If Herm is still here in 48 hours I would rethink Piolis' ability to build a perennial powerhouse in KC.
    I wouldn't say that, he's new to the organization, and I like how he has said that he is going to really get to know the organization before he makes any big changes. There is still a lot of time to evaluate the team thoroughly and make a decision, it shouldn't be rushed. I don't want to see herm pacing the sidelines anymore than anybody else but it just seems to me that a couple days isn't enough time for him to immerse himself in KC.

He has lost 23 of last 25 games. Thats all he really needs to know...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    did you ever wonder why we haven't had to rebuild before herm got here? as i mentioned in another post, the worst season we had in the pre-herm era was 6-10 in DV's first season, Martys' worst was 7-9, Gun was fired for having a 7-9 season after his 9-6. yet herm goes from 9-7 to 4-12 to 2-12 so the excuse is the CHIEFS are rebuilding. i guess when your mediocre it's bad coaching, when you're mired in the bottom of the league it's just rebuilding.
    are you talking the Peterson era only? because '77 was 2-12 ,'78 was 4-12 and '87 4-11 and '88 was 4-11-1 just asking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast