Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: AFC West division champs?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default AFC West division champs?


    0 Not allowed!
    Some may say I am delusional but I think that even with the pre-season cramps the Chiefs are having, they have a decent shot at taking the division this year.

    While the Chargers still have a wealth of talent on their roster, they have hired Norv Turner to replace Marty -- a coach that has a career win/loss record of 58 - 82 with only 2 playoff games in nine seasons. Turner announced after he was hired that he will be calling the plays on offense. Turner is known to be an offensive-minded coach and with the loss of Donnie Edwards, Shawne Merriman better stay away from the HGH and steroids because another 4 game suspension will be far more costly for the Chargers than it was last season. (I hate that guy. Sorry for slinging some mud here.) I don't know much at all about Charger's defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell so their defense may be on par with last year's even with the loss of Edwards. Only time will tell.

    The Broncos are going to be the biggest obstacle in our division this year. They have made some decent moves on the defensive side of the ball and it seems Shanahan will continue to be a thorn in our side for a number of years to come with his 2011 contract extension. Of course, the Denver Donkeys are going to give us fits as always but I must say that Jay Cutler, while okay, is less than impressive in my opinion and their number one receiver in franchise history, Rod Smith, went under the knife this offseason for hip surgery. As far as I know, there are no complications with Smith's recovery but as all us Chiefs fans know, hip problems can be a pretty big question mark.

    The Raiders will be crappy. Period. No offseason moves they have made just jump out and say "this is going to help us win more games this year". They need to go scrimage with some college teams to get some practice actually playing instead of just getting beat up.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Some may say I am delusional but I think that even with the pre-season cramps the Chiefs are having, they have a decent shot at taking the division this year.

    While the Chargers still have a wealth of talent on their roster, they have hired Norv Turner to replace Marty -- a coach that has a career win/loss record of 58 - 82 with only 2 playoff games in nine seasons. Turner announced after he was hired that he will be calling the plays on offense. Turner is known to be an offensive-minded coach and with the loss of Donnie Edwards, Shawne Merriman better stay away from the HGH and steroids because another 4 game suspension will be far more costly for the Chargers than it was last season. (I hate that guy. Sorry for slinging some mud here.) I don't know much at all about Charger's defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell so their defense may be on par with last year's even with the loss of Edwards. Only time will tell.

    The Broncos are going to be the biggest obstacle in our division this year. They have made some decent moves on the defensive side of the ball and it seems Shanahan will continue to be a thorn in our side for a number of years to come with his 2011 contract extension. Of course, the Denver Donkeys are going to give us fits as always but I must say that Jay Cutler, while okay, is less than impressive in my opinion and their number one receiver in franchise history, Rod Smith, went under the knife this offseason for hip surgery. As far as I know, there are no complications with Smith's recovery but as all us Chiefs fans know, hip problems can be a pretty big question mark.

    The Raiders will be crappy. Period. No offseason moves they have made just jump out and say "this is going to help us win more games this year". They need to go scrimage with some college teams to get some practice actually playing instead of just getting beat up.
    I like the optimism, but I honestly think we will be hard pressed to get passed the Donks and Sandy Eggo this year, but anything is possible; we'll have to just wait and see.

    Hey, respectfully sling all the mud at our AFC West foes ya want! LOL!!


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yea, I'm probably crazy.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Yea, I'm probably crazy.

    Hey, your opinion is as valid as any at this point.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Some may say I am delusional but I think that even with the pre-season cramps the Chiefs are having, they have a decent shot at taking the division this year.

    While the Chargers still have a wealth of talent on their roster, they have hired Norv Turner to replace Marty -- a coach that has a career win/loss record of 58 - 82 with only 2 playoff games in nine seasons. Turner announced after he was hired that he will be calling the plays on offense. Turner is known to be an offensive-minded coach and with the loss of Donnie Edwards, Shawne Merriman better stay away from the HGH and steroids because another 4 game suspension will be far more costly for the Chargers than it was last season. (I hate that guy. Sorry for slinging some mud here.) I don't know much at all about Charger's defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell so their defense may be on par with last year's even with the loss of Edwards. Only time will tell.

    The Broncos are going to be the biggest obstacle in our division this year. They have made some decent moves on the defensive side of the ball and it seems Shanahan will continue to be a thorn in our side for a number of years to come with his 2011 contract extension. Of course, the Denver Donkeys are going to give us fits as always but I must say that Jay Cutler, while okay, is less than impressive in my opinion and their number one receiver in franchise history, Rod Smith, went under the knife this offseason for hip surgery. As far as I know, there are no complications with Smith's recovery but as all us Chiefs fans know, hip problems can be a pretty big question mark.

    The Raiders will be crappy. Period. No offseason moves they have made just jump out and say "this is going to help us win more games this year". They need to go scrimage with some college teams to get some practice actually playing instead of just getting beat up.
    Put this up on VBookie!!! Let em put there money on it!!! I will be betting 100% of mine against it. I hate to be pesamistic but the realist in me always prevails.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Lol


    0 Not allowed!
    I just think that if the right (or wrong) things happen to the right teams, we could have a decent shot. A head coach replacement always kind of puts a team on the bubble, it seems, and I certainly believe that Turner is a significant step down from Schottenheimer. My biggest worry is those guys with the long face. Stupid Donkeys... Is it possible to hate them more than the Raiders? I'm sure the good rule book says to hate equally though so.....

    BTW -

    I just saw Shawne Merriman, Ladanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Mike

    Shanahan, the Broncos starting D, and Carl Peterson all poppin roids while driving drunk on their way to an illegal dogfighting event.....:pepper:
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I just think that if the right (or wrong) things happen to the right teams, we could have a decent shot. A head coach replacement always kind of puts a team on the bubble, it seems, and I certainly believe that Turner is a significant step down from Schottenheimer. My biggest worry is those guys with the long face. Stupid Donkeys... Is it possible to hate them more than the Raiders? I'm sure the good rule book says to hate equally though so.....

    BTW -

    I just saw Shawne Merriman, Ladanian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Mike

    Shanahan, the Broncos starting D, and Carl Peterson all poppin roids while driving drunk on their way to an illegal dogfighting event.....:pepper:
    The Chiefs wouldn't be so lucky as to have Carl actually engage in activity that would cost him his job. LOL!


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The Chiefs wouldn't be so lucky as to have Carl actually engage in activity that would cost him his job. LOL!

    Delusions... Delusions...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Delusions... Delusions...
    Sad ain't it.


  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,146
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Nice optimism.

    But, I don't see things the same. The Chargers are too talented to fall as far as we would need them to. The Broncos will be good, unless Cutler is terrible. In which case, they should be able to minnimize his mistakes, making them better than us. Even the raiders aren't as bad as you think. Their defense was fourth, in the NFL, in yardage allowed, number one in passing yards allowed. That is considering that they played in the AFC West, with the Donks, Chargers and us. If they can find a little bit of an offense, then they could become a decent team.

    Sorry for the negativity. I feel like I am expected to rain on everybodys parade, around here.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •