Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Draft

Default Draft

What is everyones opinion on who and what we need in the draft? Me personally I think that with the #3 pick there are a number of things they should do. My first opinion is trade down. Get a lower 1st round pick. Saves us money we need for FA. Also in trading down we could get William Moore. A good quality Saftey, a comfortable pick with a 17-25 pick. I'm scared of paying players big money when we don't know whether they can even play. Another thing we could do with that pick is get Stafford if he is available. Stafford is one of the only 2 QB I like in this draft. The other being Missouri QB Chase Patton. I don't think Sanchez would be a good pick at all. Overall I think we only need a couple O-Line and one more WR for offense. Our biggest concern is Defense. Our offense can score with TP at the helm with the spread.

Needs:
    2 O-Line
    1 WR

1 DE
    1 DT
    1-2 LBp (Pref. 1 MLB, 1 ROLB)
    1 CB
    1-2 Saftey

This is all my opinion. Yours?

Thanks for your thoughts and joining the Forum Codac.

BTW Texaschief,

Before you bad mouth someone it would help a TON if you open your eyes and read what Codac wrote!!!!!!

He said "Chase Patton" NOT "Chase Daniel"

Chase Patton

More Chase Patton

Chase Patton is a big 6-5 220 QB that was back up to Daniels. Patton is your NFL QB unlike Daniels that is made for the spread attack.

Patton is projected to be a better NFL QB then Daniel and I agree from what I have seen out of him (great arm and great size and mobility)

Its a shame he stayed at MU to be a backup.

SO before you start bashing people PLEASE read with an open mind.

Maybe people that have posted over 1,000 need to have a min amount of time needed to review a OP before they can make a response

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and joining the Forum Codac.

BTW Texaschief,

Before you bad mouth someone it would help a TON if you open your eyes and read what Codac wrote!!!!!!

He said "Chase Patton" NOT "Chase Daniel"

Chase Patton

More Chase Patton

Chase Patton is a big 6-5 220 QB that was back up to Daniels. Patton is your NFL QB unlike Daniels that is made for the spread attack.

Patton is projected to be a better NFL QB then Daniel and I agree from what I have seen out of him (great arm and great size and mobility)

Its a shame he stayed at MU to be a backup.

SO before you start bashing people PLEASE read with an open mind.

Maybe people that have posted over 1,000 need to have a min amount of time needed to review a OP before they can make a response
    lol, yeah maybe. I just thought it was a typo.

With the above being said,

I agree that the Chiefs need to focus on getting our stud DE and MLB in FA. IF anything it HAS to be a DE, none and I mean NONE of the DE's in this draft are NFL ready. Now they might be super stars in 3-4 years but we need a super star NOW so Pioli go out and get us Peppers or Suggs PLEASE hehe.

IF we get our DE but not our MLB then we take either Curry OR Maualuga. I feel these guys are the only ones NFL ready.

BUT if we are lucky and get both our DE and MLB in FA then yes we do what ever it takes to trade down to get more picks and fix our Oline.

I would either do a deal with Philly to get both of there first rounder picks and a 2 or 3 round pick OR try to go down to around 15-20th and grab Duke Robinson and the get Alex Mack with our 2nd rounder.

IF we deal LJ then a big power RB would be nice, I like Shonn Greene for this but who knows.

All in ALL great draft ideas and thanks again for sharing your thoughts Codac.

Interesting read Balto, Chase Patton has a similarity with Tom Brady in that Brady was also a back-up at Michigan for Tom Hensen; jk(Drew Hensen); and everyone knows he was a late round, highly-touted, amongst those in the know, draft pick.

Hmm maybe Pioli will bring him in hehe. A 6-5 220 QB would be a risk I wouldn't mind taking for a 6th or 7th round pick lol

Yea. As much as I loved Chase DANIEL in Mizzou he is NOT an NFL QB. However people have been wrong. Look at Drew Brees. I still don't think he is Drew though. Chase PATTON is definately a late round diamond in my opinion. He has the size, the arm, and he is not attached to the spread like Daniel, because he wasn't a starter. I know we have 3 young CBs but would a mid to late round hurt us? Leggett still has to prove himself in my opinion. I do love what I saw from Carr and Flowers. I love every LB from USC. Its a big program that has played many big games and players that come from there are usually a safe bet. Also USC had an amazing D this past year. I would love anyone from that D.

The 2 players I really really want Pioli to get are both from Mizzou. Ziggy Hood and Chase Patton. Man that would be 2 great picks in my eyes. I have watched ALOT of Mizzou games and I know Ziggy can play. We could use another DT

I agree with you on USC, Balto. My guy out of there is Taylor Mays but I think it's a reach to take him unless we trade down and he falls somehow. While I agree Maualuga is a monster, I have heard questions regarding his durability, same with Sanchez.

Eww. I hate the though of Sanchez in a Chiefs uniform. I just think he should have stayed his Senior year to prove he is a legit high round draft pick.

I honestly don't think any QB in this draft is worth a top 10 pick. That doesn't mean one won't go in the top 10. If Sanchez can fall past the Jets, I wouldn't mind taking him in the second. But there's no way in hell I'd take him #3. He doesn't even come close to representing the best value at that pick.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast