Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Draft

Default Draft

What is everyones opinion on who and what we need in the draft? Me personally I think that with the #3 pick there are a number of things they should do. My first opinion is trade down. Get a lower 1st round pick. Saves us money we need for FA. Also in trading down we could get William Moore. A good quality Saftey, a comfortable pick with a 17-25 pick. I'm scared of paying players big money when we don't know whether they can even play. Another thing we could do with that pick is get Stafford if he is available. Stafford is one of the only 2 QB I like in this draft. The other being Missouri QB Chase Patton. I don't think Sanchez would be a good pick at all. Overall I think we only need a couple O-Line and one more WR for offense. Our biggest concern is Defense. Our offense can score with TP at the helm with the spread.

Needs:
    2 O-Line
    1 WR

1 DE
    1 DT
    1-2 LBp (Pref. 1 MLB, 1 ROLB)
    1 CB
    1-2 Saftey

This is all my opinion. Yours?

Well Stafford looks very promising. I saw a few of his games and he has great touch, and good intangibles. Also he is a pro-style QB. That is always a plus. Although I wonder if the chiefs will stick with the spread we were running at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Well Stafford looks very promising. I saw a few of his games and he has great touch, and good intangibles. Also he is a pro-style QB. That is always a plus. Although I wonder if the chiefs will stick with the spread we were running at the end of the year.
    They won't. Doesn't look like Gailey is stickin around. I saw almost every UGA game this season because my buddy is a huge UGA and we bought the game plan on my TV. Stafford is immobile and makes really poor decisions under pressure and with the line we currently have, that's just setting the guy up for failure with this franchise. I'd rather build the rest of the O-line and draft a first round QB next year or in 2011 once the rest of the team is built.

I didn't get to see anything but the Georgia Southern and Central Michigan games so I didn't see anyone put to much pressure on him. Haha. But as for being immobile, being mobile is nice, but its not a must. Especially in a pro-style offense. But you do need to know when to throw it away under pressure.

Oh, and i'm glad they aren't keeping the Spread. That is a college scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    I didn't get to see anything but the Georgia Southern and Central Michigan games so I didn't see anyone put to much pressure on him. Haha. But as for being immobile, being mobile is nice, but its not a must. Especially in a pro-style offense. But you do need to know when to throw it away under pressure.
    Tell Damon Huard he doesn't need to be mobile behind this line. We already have one statue, why would we draft a younger one?

I liked chan gailey, considering what he had to work with, he didnt do bad at all, especially in the latter part of the season~

Whoa, I never said to draft him. I just said he is promising. I don't think we need to draft any QB to early in this draft. As I have stated i'm committed to Chase Patton. OL and D are all we need.

I hated what Chan did. He didn't do anything! His offense was horribly ineffective in the beginning of the season. The spread worked because no one saw it coming. Its only so long before they catch on. Especially with our horrid running game.

Chase Daniels :P

Patton is the underclassman

How many times do we have to say it! Both Chase's were seniors!!! And Patton has the better future in the NFL

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast