Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft

Default Draft

What is everyones opinion on who and what we need in the draft? Me personally I think that with the #3 pick there are a number of things they should do. My first opinion is trade down. Get a lower 1st round pick. Saves us money we need for FA. Also in trading down we could get William Moore. A good quality Saftey, a comfortable pick with a 17-25 pick. I'm scared of paying players big money when we don't know whether they can even play. Another thing we could do with that pick is get Stafford if he is available. Stafford is one of the only 2 QB I like in this draft. The other being Missouri QB Chase Patton. I don't think Sanchez would be a good pick at all. Overall I think we only need a couple O-Line and one more WR for offense. Our biggest concern is Defense. Our offense can score with TP at the helm with the spread.

Needs:
    2 O-Line
    1 WR

1 DE
    1 DT
    1-2 LBp (Pref. 1 MLB, 1 ROLB)
    1 CB
    1-2 Saftey

This is all my opinion. Yours?

We dont need a corner. We have B. Flowers, B. Carr and Leggett. All 3 are good enough to be average starters and are just getting better.

We could use an upgrade at safety, but we have much bigger needs than to use our first pick on a safety. At the 15-25 pick we could probably get a good LB, Maualuga will prob be gone, but maybe Laurinaitis, Cushing or Sintim will be there. Or Duke Robinson will probably still be on the board.

In my opinion I think our biggest needs are, in order of importance:

DE
    ILB
    OLB
    Offensive Tackle
    Guard and/or Center
    KR/WR
    Power RB (if LJ is gone)
    DL depth
    OL depth

I think we have to get the first two in FA (otherwise it will be 2-3 years before they are impact players), and then get the rest in the draft in the order they are listed.

Chase Daniel?

See, this is why we really should have a min. post limit before s can start new threads. If you really wanted to know other people's opinions about the draft, try looking through some of the threads already posted and discussed extensively.

Just a suggestion.

Welcome to board.

We can score chase daniel in the 6th round. I would be up for that~

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    We can score chase daniel in the 6th round. I would be up for that~
    why? he's less mobile and three inches shorter than tyler thigpen who's basically the same type of QB.

Yeah, I don't know. Chase Daniel's looked pretty bad in the latter part of season, and Stafford's a pocket qb who'll tumble around all day here. For me, its:
    1st-OL/DE/LB
    2nd-OL/DE/LB
    3rd-RB/DB
    4th-QB/RB/S
    5th-DE/OL
    6th&7th-best avail.
    FA-OL/DE/LB/..K.. anybody notice how crap Connor Barth was?

My first round opinion is that Orakpo is picked up. We need help desperately at DE and he brings an intensity that's sorely missed since Allen left. There's no way with Pioli(or any other sane GM) that we pick a QB. The bust potential has been way too high the last few years for QB's. The only way I'd pick a QB in the first round is if he was a four year starter in college. Next year will be the year to get a decent QB in the first round, not this year.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

you know, if he were to come out early, I wouldn't mind taking a long hard look at Jevan Snead. 6'3 225 4.5-40 with a cannon and pocket QB experience...

... in 2010

trading down is the obvious choice....lets hope someone wants to trade us to be in the middle (13-18) so we can get Mauluga, Curry, or another LB...

If no trade, and your stuck at no.3, i would go with the best LT...simple as that....Orakpo is not the answer...

He could be developed, and height means nothing if a QB is going to be good. (ask drew brees) If not, it was a 6th 7th or UFA (depending on if he even goes or not)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast