Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Draft

Default Draft

What is everyones opinion on who and what we need in the draft? Me personally I think that with the #3 pick there are a number of things they should do. My first opinion is trade down. Get a lower 1st round pick. Saves us money we need for FA. Also in trading down we could get William Moore. A good quality Saftey, a comfortable pick with a 17-25 pick. I'm scared of paying players big money when we don't know whether they can even play. Another thing we could do with that pick is get Stafford if he is available. Stafford is one of the only 2 QB I like in this draft. The other being Missouri QB Chase Patton. I don't think Sanchez would be a good pick at all. Overall I think we only need a couple O-Line and one more WR for offense. Our biggest concern is Defense. Our offense can score with TP at the helm with the spread.

Needs:
    2 O-Line
    1 WR

1 DE
    1 DT
    1-2 LBp (Pref. 1 MLB, 1 ROLB)
    1 CB
    1-2 Saftey

This is all my opinion. Yours?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    There is a slim possibility that the Raiders will want to move in front of Seattle to grab Crabtree, but we'll see. I agree with you that the Chiefs will not draft Sanchez in the first round. Pioli usually evaluates QBs pretty well and if we happen to grab one, then we'd better pay attention to that kid.

Older FAs would not be bad if they get cheaper contracts. If Pioli can pull that same magic here, then this guy is the perfect guy for the job.

And I'm sorry about the Michael Boley comment. I have not been able to watch him much, but I did hear that he was not starting by the end of the year, so I only assumed that he was not playing well. I was excited when Williams was picked up last year, but that quickly died when he couldn't even be a starter.
    You don't have to apologize about Boley. I'm not his mom or anything.

I think a lot of teams want to trade up for Crabtree (Raiders, Eagles, Bears, vikings, etc.). A lot of teams wanted to trade up for Calvin Johnson. But it probably won't happen because of the high salary and high picks involved. I think the Raiders will probably sit still and take Maclin - assuming they don't throw dumptrucks of money at Houshmenzadah or TO (if released) this offseason - and use the picks they saved to try to fill their other needs.

Yeah, as much as I would love to get every under-30, top-10 player in this offseason (and there are a surprising number), I don't think we'll get enough that we can rely on the draft to fill the rest of our needs. Even if we luck out and get Haynesworth, Asomugha, Vilma, and Suggs, we'd still need starters at DT, ROLB, C, RG, HB, and RT. And probably upgrades at 2WR, FS, and 2QB as well if we want to compete in 2009.

I think signing guys like Mike Peterson, Bart Scott, and the rest can work fine - just so long as we don't overpay. Look at our team now. It wasn't a bad idea to sign guys like McIntosh, D. Edwards, D. Williams, D. Darling, Napolean Harris, Boone, R. Edwards, McGraw, etc. - we just way overpaid for average players to entice them to come here. Once we cut guys like LJ, Surtain, D. Edwards, and Darling, we're going to have $50M+ to play with this offseason. Which will be great in trying to put this team together.

I think we'll be able to get a lot of vets pretty cheap this offseason due to the glutted market. Add to that a couple marquee FAs and a good draft class, and suddenly we're contenders in 2009.

Mel Kiper has us drafting Mark Sanchez at number 3. I know we have other needs, but I would rather sign the best player available....Michael Crabtree.

Boo to both of those choices~

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Boo to both of those choices~
    For the contract that the number 3 choice is going to warrant I would much rathr take the best player available then the second or third best at a specific position or a position that may need multiple years to groom and he will have a high trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    SORRY, this is a mock draft of THE CHIEFS 1st thru 7th round picks
    We have way more then 7 picks bro

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    We have way more then 7 picks bro
    Um, no we don't. We only have seven picks this year.

Your absolutely positively sure? I swear we had an extra 3rd and 5th?

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Your absolutely positively sure? I swear we had an extra 3rd and 5th?
    Yes, I'm sure.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456