Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Could we use New Uniforms

Default Could we use New Uniforms

I know its off the wall, I needed something less stressful to talk about when it comes to the team I and we all LOVE and many worship. I would like to see new uni's something cutting edge, I mean its a new era and good times are ahead.:sign0163:

Personally I don't think they should change a thing.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I wouldnt mind having an alternate uniform design, but I love ours. They are so classic.

...NO!

It's football not a beauty contest...

Yeah sure lets put that stupid looking number style like they have at Denver on our uniforms! NOT!@!!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I wouldnt mine going back to the all white away uniform... but leave everything else the same

Let's look at teams that "changed" their uniforms, and their performance after.

Atlanta: Red & Black -> Black & Black/Red, they made it to the superbowl under reeevs and lost. that was several years after glanville made the uni switch

Seachickens: Blue, Emerald Green & White, to Grey Blue, emerald green, neon green and white. That uni change was done to coincide with the conference change. Playoffs, superbowl(lost) and now nothing with the Walrus at the helm

Tampax Bay: Gay Pirate -> Skull Flag and Pewter pants, lost the silly orqnge for a dark red. Playoffs, superbowl (won only because it was against his former team), nothing since then.

Donkey's: Orange & blue -> darker orange and darker blue, the helmet logo was better though. Superbowl, won. The reason they won was the same reason that Miami never did. The running game. When they went, they had Terrell Davis, before that they had to rely on Donkey teeth himself. Think about "The Drive", Elway -> WR & out of bounds. There was no running in there, not because they had to move the ball, but becasue they didn't have a back. Every time the Donk's went to a superbowl the other team teed off with the Blitz and shut Elway down.

The Tatankas, changed their helmets, and nothing

Uni changes are done for $$Dollerage$$ reasons. think Cowboys, how many jerseys have they displayed over the last 10 years? New coach, new jersey. I'd say only the Patsies have pulled off a successful uni transition for "A New Day of Hope".

Finally there's this: Our Chiefs resurrected the red pants at the request of Lamar in his final season, cause he always liked the white top, red lower. The white/white became our travel uniform in the 80's if I remember correctly. If you look at old film, we used to travel white/red, with home Red/white.

Overall:

DON'T CHANGE A FRAKING THING!!!!!

Navy Nuclear Power Credo:
    We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing
    and Ungrateful, do the Impossible.
    We have been doing so much,
    for so long, with so little
    We are now Qualified to do Anything with Nothing!

I think i started this thread cause after 20 years of CP and now clark at the helm, think we could use a dusting off. Ok, not a major change and dont touch the helmet but think we could use some excitement for use die hard fans close to arrowhead and from afar. Our new stadium has not done much for me yet cause its not done. And like all things it will one day happen and we all know about it and the more we will like it will depend on how much we were involved in the process or ideas of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Buck Rogers View Post
    Let's look at teams that "changed" their uniforms, and their performance after.

Atlanta: Red & Black -> Black & Black/Red, they made it to the superbowl under reeevs and lost. that was several years after glanville made the uni switch

Seachickens: Blue, Emerald Green & White, to Grey Blue, emerald green, neon green and white. That uni change was done to coincide with the conference change. Playoffs, superbowl(lost) and now nothing with the Walrus at the helm

Tampax Bay: Gay Pirate -> Skull Flag and Pewter pants, lost the silly orqnge for a dark red. Playoffs, superbowl (won only because it was against his former team), nothing since then.

Donkey's: Orange & blue -> darker orange and darker blue, the helmet logo was better though. Superbowl, won. The reason they won was the same reason that Miami never did. The running game. When they went, they had Terrell Davis, before that they had to rely on Donkey teeth himself. Think about "The Drive", Elway -> WR & out of bounds. There was no running in there, not because they had to move the ball, but becasue they didn't have a back. Every time the Donk's went to a superbowl the other team teed off with the Blitz and shut Elway down.

The Tatankas, changed their helmets, and nothing

Uni changes are done for $$$ reasons. think Cowboys, how many jerseys have they displayed over the last 10 years? New coach, new jersey. I'd say only the Patsies have pulled off a successful uni transition for "A New Day of Hope".

Finally there's this: Our Chiefs resurrected the red pants at the request of Lamar in his final season, cause he always liked the white top, red lower. The white/white became our travel uniform in the 80's if I remember correctly. If you look at old film, we used to travel white/red, with home Red/white.

Overall:

DON'T CHANGE A FRAKING THING!!!!!

Horrible argument. All of them the teams you mentioned, went to to the super bowl. Come on man.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I say leave 'em like they are.

Hehe I dont think the uniform changes had alot to do with the records of the teams~ And if they did, that means a SB trip for us :P

Just a little change would be all that is needed, even if its wearing some alternates sometimes, or like I said, just adding dark red or yellow accents to the uniforms, maybe even just on certain players if they want to wear gloves or shoes with the accent color (like the seahawks neon green)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast