Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

Default Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

At 10:22pm on Wednesday, January 21st, Channel 9 news (NBC) in Denver has reported that Mike Shanahan will be named the Kansas City Chiefs new head coach, within the next 48 hours.

Other than speculation, their is no other information on this event anywhere online or in any other news outlet. I do have access to the ap wire and even that has nothing.

I have no idea if this is true, but it's coming out of Denver, so who knows?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I am just blown away by all this. I have spent to many years watching Shanahan on the other side to actually think he would be on our side I am sure would make me sick. I do give him credit he is good at what he does and then I would have to explain to my son why somebody he has grown up not liking his on his fav. team (lol). If Mike wears red and gold I would only be happy with a OC spot but thats me. I am Red and Gold through and through, plus how did we all feel when neil smith went to them. Eddie Kennison did not seem like all that big of deal

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Not my first choice, but Pioli is smarter than me.
    You should never, never admit outloud (especially in writing) that someone else is smarter than you. That automatically negates your right to call them a dumb*ss when or if the time comes.

You have the right to remain silent....

LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    That's the other thing about this ratface rumor. Herm isn't fired yet. To already have a deal in place with a white coach before firing the current coach and interviewing a black coach is against league rules. Plus, with as tight lipped as Arrowhead has been, do we really think the news station in Denver is really the first source to get this story?
    Pioli has interviewed Herm twice.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I have to say I would be excited if Shanahan became the head coach. His players are disciplined, effective on both sides of the ball, and he's a good motivator. I know that he may not have a good record without Elway, but that is how any coach goes. Holmgren had Brett Favre. Belichick has Tom Brady. The way I see it, Shanahan will be a good choice to lead the team once the Chiefs find their QB. I think the problem Shanahan had in Denver was that he had too much power on decisions and personnel. Put him with Pioli and they might make a good team.
    The problem Shanny had in Denver was a shatty defense. Not to mention a LEGITMATE onslaught of injuries on both sides of the ball.

If he comes, he will be a HC only. He will do better than Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    ...are ya sure about this one?
    This season was pretty bad for the Broncos. They haven't been that great for the past three seasons. However, he is an offensive minded coach. I can let it slide that his defenses are not in the top 10 because it is not his emphasis. I can say that his defenses did better than Herm's (which is supposed to be Herm's specialty), but that is not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    I am just blown away by all this. I have spent to many years watching Shanahan on the other side to actually think he would be on our side I am sure would make me sick. I do give him credit he is good at what he does and then I would have to explain to my son why somebody he has grown up not liking his on his fav. team (lol). If Mike wears red and gold I would only be happy with a OC spot but thats me. I am Red and Gold through and through, plus how did we all feel when neil smith went to them. Eddie Kennison did not seem like all that big of deal
    Neil Smith was smart...He wanted a SB ring and knew it was not gonna happen in KC. Plus, the Cheifs did not resign him, so what should he do? Sit at home and pout, or go to a really crummy team in order to ensure that he never wins a ring? The proof is in the puddin..

If Shanahan does in fact become our coach, I couldn't be more excited. This guy is one of the best coaches in the NFL people! There might not be a better coach around when it comes to clock management and the X's & O's.

Forget the fact that he coached the Donks! Things fizzled out there and now we all have one thing in common: we want to beat up on the Broncos.

If this happens, I'll wait some but..
    nothin like getting a coach who split games with Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    If this happens, I'll wait some but..
    nothin like getting a coach who split games with Herm.
    I'm not one to defend the Broncos, but......

- 7 RBs on IR
    - Champ Bailey out half the season
    - D.J. Williams out 5-6 games.
    - Tatum Bell was starting at the end of the year, after selling cell phones prior to that.

Shanahan didn't exactly have luck on his side this year...

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'm not one to defend the Broncos, but......

- 7 RBs on IR
    - Champ Bailey out half the season
    - D.J. Williams out 5-6 games.
    - Tatum Bell was starting at the end of the year, after selling cell phones prior to that.

Shanahan didn't exactly have luck on his side this year...

All great points...oh yeah, I would also just like to say I miss Neil Smith :)
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast