Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

Default Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

At 10:22pm on Wednesday, January 21st, Channel 9 news (NBC) in Denver has reported that Mike Shanahan will be named the Kansas City Chiefs new head coach, within the next 48 hours.

Other than speculation, their is no other information on this event anywhere online or in any other news outlet. I do have access to the ap wire and even that has nothing.

I have no idea if this is true, but it's coming out of Denver, so who knows?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'm not one to defend the Broncos, but......

- 7 RBs on IR
    - Champ Bailey out half the season
    - D.J. Williams out 5-6 games.
    - Tatum Bell was starting at the end of the year, after selling cell phones prior to that.

Shanahan didn't exactly have luck on his side this year...
    I'm not sure that has to do with luck. SEVEN RB's. That's play calling and player usage.

shanna is a good coach, but the report was probably just a guess or some sportscasters opinion and now is reported as news. neither espn nor fox sports has reported it so it is extremely doubtful that there is any truth to it.

I hope he comes here.

He hates the Raiders, and now has a good reason to play hard gainst the Donks.

All we need is a good D cordinator and let Pioli handle the draft.

Even after he lost Elway he still had his team winning the AFC West more than the other teams and they always seem to be in the thick of it when they dont make it.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I'm not sure that has to do with luck. SEVEN RB's. That's play calling and player usage.
    I wouldn't blame it all on player usage and play calling, injuries like Peyton Hillis were just unfortunate; going up for a catch in double coverage. I don't think Cutler should have thrown the ball in the first place. I think Selvin Young started out as a typical groin which got worse, maybe a different injury, not completely sure, but thats a pretty common injury to runningbacks. What's amazing though is Shanahan had a fairly successful running game all season long going through those runningbacks and I don't think they had a runningback that wasn't a seventh rounder or undrafted player. Maybe Ryan Torain was taken a little higher, but not by much. I wouldn't mind a successful zone blocking system like that, one which doesn't require us to pay the big bucks for a bruiser.

I'm really sick of this... can we know the teams fate yet please?

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Chiefs have not contacted Shanahan «

Nearly a month after the season, the Chiefs still have not made a coaching change. Mike Shanahan still does not have a job.

Thus, in the past 24 hours, like a virus that has spread, some have concluded that Kansas City is pursuing Shanahan and he could be the Chiefs next head coach.

Time to squash that rumor. As of mid-day Thursday, the Chiefs and Shanahan have not had any contact. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Yet, within the past hour, I’ve gotten a half-dozen calls and emails from various Kansas City and Denver media outlets, asking if there is any truth to the rumor that the Chiefs and Shanahan are talking.

No, there is not. There is no truth to the rumor. Chiefs officials are at the Senior Bowl and Shanahan just finished a morning run on the treadmill.

The Chiefs coaching mystery continues — minus Shanahan.

This has been reportedly shot down by Adam Schefter.

ProFootballTalk.com - Latest News and Rumors

In response to rapidly-spreading rumors (we might have had something to do with that) regarding the possibility of a former Broncos and Raiders coach landing with their common rivals in Kansas City, Adam Schefter of NFLN says that there’s no truth whatsoever to the reports/rumors/rumblings/scuttlebutt that Mike Shanahan will be the next coach of the Chiefs.
    Per Schefter, the Chiefs and Shanahan have had no contact as of mid-day Thursday.
    Of course, it doesn’t mean that there won’t be contact if/when Herm Edwards is fired. We assume that the Chiefs are spending more time deciding whether to keep Herm than they are lining up his potential replacement.
    Especially in light of the Rooney Rule.
    Unless Shanahan’s spray tan falls within the scope of the Soul Man exception, he can’t be hired until after Edwards is fired and at least one minority candidate is interviewed.
    The rumors about Gun were shot down too. Who knows what is going to happen.
    Brian Fantana = Chiefs Fan

Poor Brian Fantana

Don't forget...Shanny never wins in arrowhead!! :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Don't forget...Shanny never wins in arrowhead!! :)
    well, that's encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by KCFanTexas View Post
    This has been reportedly shot down by Adam Schefter.

ProFootballTalk.com - Latest News and Rumors

The rumors about Gun were shot down too. Who knows what is going to happen.
    Damn, beat me to it. This whole situation doesn't make sense because, now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you have to fire the current coach before you hire someone to take his place. Like they said in the article, we still have to comply by the Rooney rule, so if they are going to hire shanny, they would have already interviewed a minority and we probably would have heard about it. So far, no news on anyone being interviewed so I wouldn't start speculating until Herm is officially gone.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    well, that's encouraging.
    I'm not trying to be encouraging. I don't want Shanahan as our coach. Mostly cause he never wins at Arrowhead!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast