Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

Default Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

At 10:22pm on Wednesday, January 21st, Channel 9 news (NBC) in Denver has reported that Mike Shanahan will be named the Kansas City Chiefs new head coach, within the next 48 hours.

Other than speculation, their is no other information on this event anywhere online or in any other news outlet. I do have access to the ap wire and even that has nothing.

I have no idea if this is true, but it's coming out of Denver, so who knows?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    That's the other thing about this ratface rumor. Herm isn't fired yet. To already have a deal in place with a white coach before firing the current coach and interviewing a black coach is against league rules. Plus, with as tight lipped as Arrowhead has been, do we really think the news station in Denver is really the first source to get this story?
    Totally agree Tex. Im just reporting what I found out, the second I found it.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Don't they gotta fire Herm first?

I would say Herm staying home from the Senior bowl is a pretty good sign he wont be with us long and I would assume that pioli has already taken every step he needs to to name a new head coach ( if we do get a new head coach ).

I could find nothing on that subject at Denvers news channel 9 but did find this from KC Star....

NBC Sports analyst Cris Collinsworth expects Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley to become the Chiefs' next head coach. Collinsworth, who spent time with Haley before broadcasting the Cardinals' NFC first-round win over Atlanta and will cover the Super Bowl between Arizona and Pittsburgh, said Haley's star has risen higher than anyone's during the playoffs. "I think he'll be the coach in Kansas City," Collinsworth told me Tuesday on a teleconference. "I'm watching what's happening with all the (new) coaches, and we've seen some of the defensive coaches come off the board, and the one guy nobody is talking about that has surprised me, and it's because (the Cardinals) flew so far under the radar screen, was Haley. He's not under the radar screen anymore. "The biggest winner who has come out of this run by the Arizona Cardinals has been Todd Haley." -- KC Star

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I would say Herm staying home from the Senior bowl is a pretty good sign he wont be with us long and I would assume that pioli has already taken every step he needs to to name a new head coach ( if we do get a new head coach ).

I believe that nobody publicly supporting a coach that is in his final year of contract (what do they have to lose? If they intend to keep him around and he does a poor job again, then he'd just be gone after his contract runs out), and not dismissing any rumors of Herm not being around next season, is a pretty good indicator that his time in KC is coming to an end.

No thanks...next...

Quote Originally Posted by Bighurt27 View Post
    Don't they gotta fire Herm first?
    They may already have but haven't made it public. Does the NFL report to the media when papers are filed to them. I think it is usually done by the team. He could officially already be fired, but Pioli made sure the media was left out.

There has to be a reason Herm and company are not at the Senior Bowl. Regarding the interview of a Black coach as a rule. Wouldn't the long talk with Herm be considered an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by partysan View Post
    I believe that nobody publicly supporting a coach that is in his final year of contract (what do they have to lose? If they intend to keep him around and he does a poor job again, then he'd just be gone after his contract runs out), and not dismissing any rumors of Herm not being around next season, is a pretty good indicator that his time in KC is coming to an end.
    They have a lt to lose by keeping Herm. They have already lost three assistant coaches and there will also be a draft by a lame duck HC. If they don't remove Herm now as opposed to next year. They are basically hiring new assitant coaches for one year which will be hard to do, and the players they draft and sign this year may not fit the scheme next year. So essentially the Chiefs are wasting a year, and taking a step back next year.

So unless Herm gets a contract extension. He has to go.

I have to say I would be excited if Shanahan became the head coach. His players are disciplined, effective on both sides of the ball, and he's a good motivator. I know that he may not have a good record without Elway, but that is how any coach goes. Holmgren had Brett Favre. Belichick has Tom Brady. The way I see it, Shanahan will be a good choice to lead the team once the Chiefs find their QB. I think the problem Shanahan had in Denver was that he had too much power on decisions and personnel. Put him with Pioli and they might make a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I have to say I would be excited if Shanahan became the head coach. His players are disciplined, effective on both sides of the ball, and he's a good motivator. I know that he may not have a good record without Elway, but that is how any coach goes. Holmgren had Brett Favre. Belichick has Tom Brady. The way I see it, Shanahan will be a good choice to lead the team once the Chiefs find their QB. I think the problem Shanahan had in Denver was that he had too much power on decisions and personnel. Put him with Pioli and they might make a good team.
    ...are ya sure about this one?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast