Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

Default Mike shanahan to be named head coach within 48 hours

At 10:22pm on Wednesday, January 21st, Channel 9 news (NBC) in Denver has reported that Mike Shanahan will be named the Kansas City Chiefs new head coach, within the next 48 hours.

Other than speculation, their is no other information on this event anywhere online or in any other news outlet. I do have access to the ap wire and even that has nothing.

I have no idea if this is true, but it's coming out of Denver, so who knows?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I know, I'm being sarcastic cuz I agree with you. I'd rather get a young guy who has something to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I know, I'm being sarcastic cuz I agree with you. I'd rather get a young guy who has something to prove.
    Id rather have an experienced guy thats proven.

Has anyone heard anything else regarding the Shanahan rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Other than Adam Schefter (sp?) reporting that Shanahan has not been in contact with the Chiefs at all so the rumor is false...I dont know...

....but really, Adam Schefter probably knows just as much as we do...

I for one find it interesting that we have a timeframe being a 48 hour window that we are positive on...yet we dont know who the coach is going to be? So someone knows who the coach is going to be...or else how do they know it will be announced in the next 48 hours? Wasn't the HC position suppose to be announce by last friday?

Here is an article I just found, while they clearly say they cannot confirm it, this is the only one I see with an ounce of credibility.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/...AAApuqgXw.cspx
    Last edited by Hayvern; 01-23-2009 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Forgot link

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I have checked out many Denver news outlets and have found nothing. Hunt and Pioli seem to be a very hush hush about everything and I have not seen nor heard anything about Shanahan taking any interviews so one can't help but wonder if there is some kind of a connection there. I myself have alot of faith in Pioli and what ever choices he makes until he proves to me he sucks at his job. I will be very questionable if he does retain Herm for another year but will give him the benefit of one season to prove himself and his plan. So until that time Pioli is my man, sorta speak..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Here is an article I just found, while they clearly say they cannot confirm it, this is the only one I see with an ounce of credibility.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/...AAApuqgXw.cspx

Good find, so we could know something by friday maybe? But again all the other rumors have been short lived....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    At 10:22pm on Wednesday, January 21st, Channel 9 news (NBC) in Denver has reported that Mike Shanahan will be named the Kansas City Chiefs new head coach, within the next 48 hours.

Other than speculation, their is no other information on this event anywhere online or in any other news outlet. I do have access to the ap wire and even that has nothing.

I have no idea if this is true, but it's coming out of Denver, so who knows?
    So was Jack 50% right or did the Chiefs pull a fast one? Are the Chiefs just waiting on timing as they did with Pioli? Maybe after the Super Bowl?

The following is what we have heard and know.

1. Chiefs were very secretive about the Pioli negotations. No one knew when they met, where they met or who else was interviewed. There was lots of speculaiton but only one man rose to the top of the rumors for those 2 plus weeks and he is now the GM.

2. Herm and his staff were not at the Senior Bowl. You would have to think that interviews had already started early this week.

3. As with Pioli rumors and speculations has been runnig rampant about the new HC of the Chiefs and Shanahan seems to be the top of that list (through sources). All other canidates appear to be pure speculation.

4. Many reporters see this as a near perfect "marriage of a Top GM and Top HC". This could be why the rumors keep getting fueled.

5. Clark Hunt has a jet and apparently it can fly under the radar where ever he may want to go.

6. Reported on this Forum (I believe) Dennis Green was spotted in KC. Apparently he was dressed to the 9's and having dinner with another gentlemen at Ruth Kris. It is anyones guess on the accuracy of this report (I am not doubting the original poster). Rooney Rule?

7. Chiefs denied that Gun had interviewed with Detroit, yet he was hired 8 to 10 hours later. Sounds familar to me.

8. Mortenson retracted his comments stating that the Clark had be very interested in Mike Shanahan and had gone as far as drawing up a "mock contract" but no negotiating has been done. I just don't buy this. Shefter says that Shanahan has not been contacted by the Chiefs. Something is going on here. How do you draw up a "mock contract" and never contact the guy? Smells funny to me.

9. Bowlen state in that he would not consider KC. This is the only team Bowlen mentioned out of the 11 openings. It would be a classic hire if only for this point.

10. Jack called Herms termination...Was his source accurate and the Chiefs are only delaying the announcement of Shanahan? Or did he just get lucky on this prediction?

There is certainly a lot of smoke for there being NO fire as Shefter is reporting. Many state that he is more reliable because of his Bronco connections. Shanahan is no longer a Bronco. Why would he leak anything to Shefter if he did not want the Broncos to know?

I bet we have to wait another two weeks to find out how this unravels. :francis:
    Brian Fantana = Chiefs Fan

Poor Brian Fantana

They say before a team can hire a coach he must interview at least one black for the coaching job, (no offense to anyone I hope) Now my point is Shanahan got fired one day and they had a new coach the next day. Talking about ducking under the radar. No one knew they were interviewing or did I just misunderstand the rules? Is it different if you promote within?

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    They say before a team can hire a coach he must interview at least one black for the coaching job, (no offense to anyone I hope) Now my point is Shanahan got fired one day and they had a new coach the next day. Talking about ducking under the radar. No one knew they were interviewing or did I just misunderstand the rules? Is it different if you promote within?
    They actually interviewed 2 black coaches and it was a two week process. One of them, Leslie Frasier, was one of the finalists.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast