Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dream offseason

Default Dream offseason

Ok guys just wanted to put a couple things down. A Dream offseason and I'll try to make it short.

DREAM
    FA's:(no way we get them all hehe)
    Sign Suggs-DE
    Sign Vilma-MLB
    Sign Haynesworth-DT

DRAFT:(this trade COULD happen)
    Trade 3rd overall with Eagles 21st,28th,52nd and trade 4th round picks.

1)21st- Duke Robinson "G" Oklahoma
    1)28th- Alex Mack "C" California
    2)34th- Brian Cushing "OLB" USC
    2)52nd- Shonn Greene "RB" Iowa (with the idea Pioli does something with LJ)
    3)67th- Herman Johnson "RT" LSU (we convert him from G to RT and he will be a beast at 6'7 382)
    4)117th- Graham Harrell QB" Texas Tech
    5)131st- Ramses Barden "WR" Cal Poly-SLO (6'6 227 with ok speed)
    6)162nd- Glover Quin "CB" New Mexico
    7)195th- Chase Patton "QB" MU (could be our QOFT with Shanahan coaching him)

SO we would have 3 QB's fighting it out (Thigy, Harrell, and Patton)

A stud Power Back in Greene

A new WR

Oline would look like this:

Albert/Waters/Mack/Duke/Herman

and with Suggs, Vilma, Haynesworth and not to mention drafting Cushing as our OLB our D is 100000 times better.

I know what a dream, but looks good doesn't it hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    My dream offseason:

Pioli GM

Shanahan HC

Shottenheimer D coordinator.

Let them work their magic from there.

Im not giving up on Cowher either, hes not coming back anytime soon. But what does that say bout you when both of your assistants are facing each other in the SB after you leave.. Cowher Power!!
    Yeah, I like Cowher a lot, but everyone forgets that he choked in every big game except for the one that the refs threw for him.

Also Tomlin wasn't ever Cowher's asisstant - he was the Minnesota DC prior to coming to the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeah, I like Cowher a lot, but everyone forgets that he choked in every big game except for the one that the refs threw for him.

Also Tomlin wasn't ever Cowher's asisstant - he was the Minnesota DC prior to coming to the Steelers.
    oh, my bad. thanks jm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Im not giving up on Cowher either, hes not coming back anytime soon. But what does that say bout you when both of your assistants are facing each other in the SB after you leave.. Cowher Power!!
    I am a big Cowher fan, but it could mean that the reason he took his team to the SB a few years ago is because he had a couple of great assistants carrying him.

The Steelers were a force for a long time under Cowher though, so I am sure it was more than having the right assistants.

I like the idea of drafting Harrell. If he'd there in the third or fourth, we should take him.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    I like the idea of drafting Harrell. If he'd there in the third or fourth, we should take him.
    Harrell will be there in the 6th (at least) if we want him. Between his broken hand and his college offense, he may go undrafted all together.

Harrell will be there in the 6th (at least) if we want him. Between his broken hand and his college offense, he may go undrafted all together.
    I also heard he is doing horrible at the Senior Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I also heard he is doing horrible at the Senior Bowl.
    He broke his hand six weeks ago! What is he even doing there?

I don't dislike Harrell. But he's a poor man's Thigpen. How exactly would he be of more benefit to our team than just sticking with Thigpen?

He broke his hand six weeks ago! What is he even doing there?

I don't dislike Harrell. But he's a poor man's Thigpen. How exactly would he be of more benefit to our team than just sticking with Thigpen?
    Yeah, but I thought it was his non-throwing hand. That shouldnt affect your ability (or rather inability) to read defenses and your arm strength.

I would be shocked of Herrall went late draft or even undrafted...

He put up Heisman numbers.. and was right up there with the rest of the big name big 12 QBs...

ya he had crabtree, but if you want to look at it that way, crabtree had him also...

If we are going QB..it all depends what Lions are going to do...they may go with either QB or not one at all.
    Last edited by Sn@keIze; 01-22-2009 at 09:59 PM.

I could picture the Lions doin the Viking thing and grabbing two qb's this yr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12