48 44.44%
  • Herm Edwards

13 12.04%
  • Chan Gailey

9 8.33%
  • Mike Shannahan

31 28.70%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the next KC Head Coach for 2009?

Default Who will be the next KC Head Coach for 2009?

John Gruden

Todd Haley

Herm Edwards

Chan Gailey

Mike Shannahan

I don't think I'm allowed to ban anybody, so no, I won't ban myself!!!
    I will say, however, that I don't know enough about Haley to say that he is the coach to lead us for the next decade....
    If Pioli decides on Haley, I'm all about it.
    SHUT IT

The Chiefs and former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan have had no negotiations....POSTED on espn blog by adam scheffler 2 hrs ago

What about Jason Garrett? He's really the most desirable HC prospect out there right now. He's in a bad situation in Dallas; waiting to become the HC with the possibility of it never happening. I wouldn't be surprised if Pioli tries to lure him away. Right now I think Haley and Garrett are probably at the top of his list. Whether or not they can shake JG away from Jerry's death grip, I don't know.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    What about Jason Garrett? He's really the most desirable HC prospect out there right now. He's in a bad situation in Dallas; waiting to become the HC with the possibility of it never happening. I wouldn't be surprised if Pioli tries to lure him away. Right now I think Haley and Garrett are probably at the top of his list. Whether or not they can shake JG away from Jerry's death grip, I don't know.
    After the mess that was the Dallas Cowboys this year, there's no way Pioli even interviews Garrett. Look for Pioli to get a blood and guts guy like Haley (a Parcells disciple) or to go with Gailey (a Cowher guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that Gailey will be our hc for 09 while Pioli makes the most important decision of his career??
    I'm not opposed to this at all. The Chiefs already stopped the Bucs from interviewing him to be their OC. Gailey’s got a rapport with the offense (seriously, how that crew scored 10+ a game I’ll never know), he’s a good guy, and he’d be very willing to let a good DC take care of the entire defense. There’s no way Pioli reaches for a QB in this lousy QB draft, and there’s no good free agent QBs so they might as well keep some consistency for the Thigpen. Plus, if Cowher decides to coach in 2010, Gailey is a whole lot easier to replace than a young guy like Haley or a legend like Shanahan.

Everyone forgets how good of a coach Gailey is. He actually had a winning record with Dallas. He was a great OC for Pittsburgh. And he turned the worst offensive personnel I’ve ever seen into a legitimate offense last year. What am I missing? Give him his shot. If he finishes with a losing record, then ask him to move back to OC and hire Cowher. If he wins a playoff spot, then you probably didn’t need Cowher (who choked almost as much as Marty) anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I'm not opposed to this at all. The Chiefs already stopped the Bucs from interviewing him to be their OC. Gailey’s got a rapport with the offense (seriously, how that crew scored 10+ a game I’ll never know), he’s a good guy, and he’d be very willing to let a good DC take care of the entire defense. There’s no way Pioli reaches for a QB in this lousy QB draft, and there’s no good free agent QBs so they might as well keep some consistency for the Thigpen. Plus, if Cowher decides to coach in 2010, Gailey is a whole lot easier to replace than a young guy like Haley or a legend like Shanahan.

Everyone forgets how good of a coach Gailey is. He actually had a winning record with Dallas. He was a great OC for Pittsburgh. And he turned the worst offensive personnel I’ve ever seen into a legitimate offense last year. What am I missing? Give him his shot. If he finishes with a losing record, then ask him to move back to OC and hire Cowher. If he wins a playoff spot, then you probably didn’t need Cowher (who choked almost as much as Marty) anyway.
    I tend to agree. A new hc would likely bring in his own oc and qc and this doesn't bode well for a young qb.
    Keeping Gailey here as hc would allow at least some continuity with these young players.
    Unless - of course - Pioli really thinks Haley (or somebody else immediately available) is the future of this franchise...
    Come on Superbowl!!
    SHUT IT

If Gailey were the new HC, they would have announced it by now. The longer we don't hear anything, the more I suspect Haley is the choice. They can't announce that until after the Superbowl.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

we should just get keanu reeves as head coach...

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    we should just get keanu reeves as head coach...
    Would Keanu be head coach/DE because I think he could pull it off.

Just read this about Shanahan. He laughed at the idea of coaching the Chiefs:

Shanahan laughs at rumors that have him coaching in KC - Sports Rumors - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast